Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Evolve - PS4/XBOX ONE/PC - $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2015 4:12 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Evolve - PS4/XBOX ONE/PC - $19.99

Evolve is on sale at Best Buy as part of the "Power Hours Sale" for $19.99 on current gen platforms and PC. I think this is the cheapest it's ever been for any retailer.

PS4: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/evo ... cdb64ben02

XBOX ONE: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/2-k ... fdaecfen02

PC: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/evo ... 63a8c8en02
38 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
It's free to play on Xbox Live right now. Only good for the long weekend though. Got tired of making the monster hop around. YMMV...
Dec 4, 2008
57 posts
29 upvotes
It's free for download on Steam along with Killing floor 2. Today is the last day.

Edit: don't mean to hijack thread, just putting the word out there in case someone with a gaming pc didn't see it on steam.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Its that bad of a game? ause i was going to buy it but now maybe i wont
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
277 upvotes
TORONTO
vintageshoes wrote: It's $19.99 more expensive than it should actually be.

This is a game that's clearly designed as an F2P game–it has a plethora of micro-transactions, slow levelling up progression, and rewards the paying player with more gameplay advantages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/c ... _win_game/

Oh knock it off.

Thanks OP, played this at launch and it wasn't worth the money for me. But $20 is the sweet spot!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
blazed16 wrote: Its that bad of a game cause i was going to buy it but now maybe i wont
Umm... whuh?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2663 posts
854 upvotes
Chatham
skinnydoggy wrote: Umm... whuh?
I think he's saying that he planned on buying this title, but since trying it on this free weekend thing, has changed his mind to a 'no buy'.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Hiitsdj wrote: Oh knock it off.

Thanks OP, played this at launch and it wasn't worth the money for me. But $20 is the sweet spot!
Maybe he was being a little hyperbolic, but I think the things he brought up are worth mentioning. The higher tier characters and monsters being paid DLC, in a game that is entirely about PvP, was a huge turn off for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
Iodine wrote: Maybe he was being a little hyperbolic, but I think the things he brought up are worth mentioning. The higher tier characters and monsters being paid DLC, in a game that is entirely about PvP, was a huge turn off for me.
Got it at launch, technically for free because Amazon lost my first shipment, gave me $25 credit then a few more credits on top of that and it was <$40 to begin with because of the 2014 E3 sale that was full of price errors. I played it for a week or two, didn't really like it and sold it for $40. I ended up making $40ish off of it. I'd maybe play it again if it was free with gold or something, but other than that, didn't keep my interest for very long
Oct 25, 2010
588 posts
104 upvotes
Winnipeg
The game is extremely enjoyable on the consoles but on the pc it's filled with less players (1.5k players peaking before the free weekend). I preordered it on sale on steam hoping to have the similar experience as l4d series but it really lacked the community support when they rolled out the game as something like $79 for the regular and charged extra for the other playable classes. For $20, this is investment for the consoles or on steam for sure.
Oct 21, 2014
8 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is it still free to play on steam right now? What time does it expire?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
It's so sad when these next gen console games go on sale for $20 (Evolve, The Crew,etc) or $10 (Destiny,Assassins Creed Unity,NHL 15,etc) or $5 (Watch_Dogs,etc) and it's STILL a tough decision to buy.
WTH?
Are all these games really that crap, or are we feeling entitled?
I've recently been buying up all of the compatible PS3 racing games for my Thrustmaster T300RS, for $5-$10-$20 a pop and not regretted a single purchase.
So....we're 2 years in now, is next gen actually sucking THAT bad, and off to a VERY slow start???

I mean seriously, I bot Watch_Dogs new and sealed at EB today(yes,sealed,lol!) for $5, yet I paid $10 each for two used PS3 racing games, which actually are pretty damn fun!
Next Gen better Wake TFU if they wanna charge us $69.99+ for new releases, which drop like a rock shortly thereafter (not including GTA V).
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Woah! wrote: It's so sad when these next gen console games go on sale for $20 (Evolve, The Crew,etc) or $10 (Destiny,Assassins Creed Unity,NHL 15,etc) or $5 (Watch_Dogs,etc) and it's STILL a tough decision to buy.
WTH?
Are all these games really that crap, or are we feeling entitled?
I've recently been buying up all of the compatible PS3 racing games for my Thrustmaster T300RS, for $5-$10-$20 a pop and not regretted a single purchase.
So....we're 2 years in now, is next gen actually sucking THAT bad, and off to a VERY slow start???

I mean seriously, I bot Watch_Dogs new and sealed at EB today(yes,sealed,lol!) for $5, yet I paid $10 each for two used PS3 racing games, which actually are pretty damn fun!
Next Gen better Wake TFU if they wanna charge us $69.99+ for new releases, which drop like a rock shortly thereafter (not including GTA V).
Yes it is sad. I for one, refuse to pay new release prices because i); I hate that feeling of being ripped off when something goes on sale for 75% off a couple months later, and, ii); the games, despite all the hoopla often suck.
I also dislike the current business model of selling you the game at top dollar, then making you pay for DLC to make it thoughly playable online. (I know that DLC Has been around forever in some form; but I still dislike it).
Frankly, I get the feeling that the Sony and Microsoft really only care about getting into your living room, so they can sell you subscription services. The gaming quality is secondary.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: Yes it is sad. I for one, refuse to pay new release prices because i); I hate that feeling of being ripped off when something goes on sale for 75% off a couple months later, and, ii); the games, despite all the hoopla often suck.
I also dislike the current business model of selling you the game at top dollar, then making you pay for DLC to make it thoughly playable online. (I know that DLC Has been around forever in some form; but I still dislike it).
Frankly, I get the feeling that the Sony and Microsoft really only care about getting into your living room, so they can sell you subscription services. The gaming quality is secondary.
This is why I bought Borderlands Handsome Collection on the XB1...I got all the DLCs without having to shell out extra which is what I had to do on Steam. I only play the console version of that game now, having given up on the PC version...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
There are games that deserve full price tag (MGS5 and Witcher 3), and there are games that try to milk every penny out of you. This is one example.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
Pretty much dead community on this one guys, Id suggest passing.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: There are games that deserve full price tag (MGS5 and Witcher 3), and there are games that try to milk every penny out of you. This is one example.
Given the recent information regarding Konami i cant agree. The micro (that arnt micro at all) transactions are awful in that game.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
277 upvotes
TORONTO
Super strokey wrote: Given the recent information regarding Konami i cant agree. The micro (that arnt micro at all) transactions are awful in that game.
Optional purchases don't affect a games worth. You could just not buy them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)