Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

*EXPIRED*Samsung 55" 4K UHD HDR QLED Tizen Smart TV (QN55Q65FNFXZC) -$899

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 9:04 am
Nov 5, 2018
13 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario
gew wrote: You missed the explanation at the bottom of your link.

The warehouse variant of the 2018 Q6F is known as the Q65FN. The stand is black instead of chrome, and depending on the specific warehouse model it might have a simpler remote. We don't expect any other differences and our review should still be valid.

The Q65FN has a 4.1 sound system rather than the 2.1 system found on the Q6FN.
Ahhh I'm a derp, thank you so much for explaining!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1236 posts
1688 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cool canuck wrote: The wall mount sounds good if you need it, the Best Buy guy said they will find the stud to drill into or even if you don't have studs they will use an anchor. I hope another retailer will be able to offer a better price with no wall mounting.
I know TVs are light, but I would never recommend not putting TVs on a stud (especially if you have kids)
Last edited by wartune123 on Nov 9th, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2013
398 posts
346 upvotes
For non videophiles I feel it's a good TV. For anybody that is involved in specs, you'll stop wanting this TV as soon as you see Edge Lit.
Jul 8, 2014
389 posts
265 upvotes
AB
I'm most likely going to pull the trigger on this and buy today after work. I have been considering the P55-F1 but here are my reasons for going with the QN55

Pros:
-Cheaper (although maybe come BF they will be the same price)
-Free Wall mount and installation is a plus for me (although its not worth nearly $430 lol)
-More reliable panel vs Vizio (I don't want to play the panel lottery game)

Cons:
-Vizio P55-F1 is a better overall TV (Backlit etc)

At the end of the day, this is a better deal in my opinion. I'm still in the market for a 65 inch and considering the P65 for that, but for my bonus room this is going to fit the bill perfectly. As an added bonus, I have some bestbuy gift cards laying around lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
Definitely tempted by this one, worst case buy now and keep it in the box and see what BF deals materialize
Aug 21, 2013
398 posts
346 upvotes
wartune123 wrote: I know TVs are light, but I would never recommend not putting TVs on a stud (especially if you have kids)
Same here, or use some wood to attach to the stud and then have the mount on that.
Nov 10, 2005
514 posts
481 upvotes
wartune123 wrote: I know TVs are light, but I would never recommend not putting TVs on a stud (especially if you have kids)
Agreed. TVs still aren't light enough for anchors to be a safe to hang a TV off of.
Mar 28, 2008
354 posts
724 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: Definitely tempted by this one, worst case buy now and keep it in the box and see what BF deals materialize
Contemplating on doing the same thing; the only thing is that I believe we have 14-days to do returns for electronics (not to mention hauling the big tv back to the store)...
Apr 14, 2012
39 posts
72 upvotes
Kelowna
looks like the deal is over - price is $1399 now
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
I still see it at $899.99...

edit: nevermind, up to $1399. Price error I guess?
Last edited by game_fanatic on Nov 9th, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
Jerriethemaster wrote: Anyone knows if I can buy warranty from somewhere else and be cheaper than 200 dollars bestbuy is offering for 4 years?
Worth a try negotiating for the FREE extended warranty in lieu of the basic installation?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1304 posts
2446 upvotes
I grabbed a hold of the flyer and it's 1399, I'm 99% certain it's a pricing error. Probably employee price
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
pureelite1 wrote: I understand the Vizio P 55" is full array vs this is edge lit. But I also understand this Samsung has better upscaling of non-4k Content and a better OS. Kinda torn between the two. Anyone with more knowledge have more info to compare these 2 models?
fatestkid wrote: To me the OS never matters because I use an android box. Before I was using a Chinese one but yesterday I ordered the Nvidia shield. TV OS get stale fast and in my opinion should not be a big factor in the purchase. My 2 cents.
+1, they can give up on the OS at anytime and it's never that good anyway, Samsung usually has good media player on their TV other than that, if you want something smarter with apps, you would be much happier with an external Android TV/box.

The 2 preferred options here are the Nvidia Shield and Xiaomi Mi Box. Other than that, Android boxes with S912/905(X) CPUs are good options as well if you don't mind the Android OS (not Android TV) but they won't support Netflix 4K/YouTube 4K; they are good to watch your "personal" content (locally or over a plex server)
Aug 30, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
Damn, been looking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on this an hour ago... maybe a stupid question, but they can't go back and change the price after we've already ordered, can they?
Feb 19, 2018
38 posts
8 upvotes
BurntMallow wrote: Damn, been looking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on this an hour ago... maybe a stupid question, but they can't go back and change the price after we've already ordered, can they?
They can absolutely just cancel your order and say it was a pricing error.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
BurntMallow wrote: Damn, been looking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on this an hour ago... maybe a stupid question, but they can't go back and change the price after we've already ordered, can they?
As JtnJtn alluded too, they can cancel your order but they cannot ncrease the price without your consent after the order has been placed.