[Best Buy] Facebook Portal Mini - $148 for two

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2020 12:34 pm
[OP]
Jul 12, 2010
176 posts
164 upvotes

[Best Buy] Facebook Portal Mini - $148 for two

Buy two and get $70 off the total in the cart before final check out. There is a set package for black color as well, however, if you want white color, then buy 2 of them, and you will see the discount reflected in the cart.

I haven't purchased it myself as I just got two echo show 5, but now thinking of buying two more of the portal minis as they are 8" screens. Anyone here has them? If so, what are your reviews of it? Please post. Thanks.
73 replies
Jun 7, 2013
307 posts
268 upvotes
GATINEAU
No way I'm letting Facebook put a camera in my house. Funny, I'm sort of ok with Google and Amazon... but no way for Facebook.
Good deal I guess for those who trust Facebook enough...
Apr 17, 2012
436 posts
256 upvotes
TechJunk wrote: No way I'm letting Facebook put a camera in my house. Funny, I'm sort of ok with Google and Amazon... but no way for Facebook.
+1000

I'll let Bezos and Sergey spy on me, but no way in hell Zuckerberg is getting a camera in my house.
Sep 26, 2018
475 posts
968 upvotes
imagine still using facebook in 2020 lul
I have spoken
Sep 11, 2011
553 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
TechJunk wrote: No way I'm letting Facebook put a camera in my house. Funny, I'm sort of ok with Google and Amazon... but no way for Facebook.
The fact that people complain about Facebook’s data mining but are completely fine with Google doing it baffles me! They both offer tons of free services and use you as their way to make money. If you use one company’s services, please don’t complain about the others. They’re all the same when it comes to using/selling your data.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5301 posts
3906 upvotes
Calgary
ApocDeals wrote: The fact that people complain about Facebook’s data mining but are completely fine with Google doing it baffles me! They both offer tons of free services and use you as their way to make money. If you use one company’s services, please don’t complain about the others. They’re all the same when it comes to using/selling your data.
Wrong
Apr 6, 2017
605 posts
1003 upvotes
When the boss is covering up everything with duct tape that should be a lesson to all.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2009
1394 posts
777 upvotes
Vancouver
ApocDeals wrote: The fact that people complain about Facebook’s data mining but are completely fine with Google doing it baffles me! They both offer tons of free services and use you as their way to make money. If you use one company’s services, please don’t complain about the others. They’re all the same when it comes to using/selling your data.
It's fine to hate both, but let's not pretend they are equivalent. Facebook has repeatedly shown that they just refuse to follow the law because they can get away with it.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11508 posts
2551 upvotes
lol, the people doing mental gymnastic in this thread is hilarious

amazon, google are as bad as fb if you want to talk about privacy

hell, the same people probably use whatsapp and ig without issue
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Dec 18, 2007
196 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
I wonder if I could use this with my grandma. She has early stages of Alzheimer and really struggles with using facebook on the computer.

I wish they made walkie talkies, but the talkies used the internet and supported video Crying Face
Aug 12, 2011
348 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Easy solution to all is just create an empty fb account with no real info and use it only for this.
May 12, 2019
119 posts
161 upvotes
Wouldn't pay a penny to let Mark Cuckerberg even see my face
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3434 posts
3394 upvotes
Toronto
Portal is awesome! It’s our Alexa in the house and my parents use it to video call internationally.