Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Fido 3GB LTE Data Plan $15, 2 year contract + LG G Pad IV 8" free + 100 CAD gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2018 2:06 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
623 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa

[Best Buy] Fido 3GB LTE Data Plan $15, 2 year contract + LG G Pad IV 8" free + 100 CAD gift card

Basically I wanted to get advantage of Fido 3GB LTE Data only $15 plan deal but that was available for exsiting Fido phone line holders only.
So I ended up signing up for the cheapest month-to-month 45 CAD plan(which I am going to cancel tomorrow) and 2 years $15 3GB LTE Data Plan + free LG G Pad IV 8" tablet.
On the top of that Bestbuy currently have a 100 CAD gift card promo that I was able to cash in right in the store.
So I am on the hook for the following charges:
-25 CAD phone line activation (SIM card)
-45 CAD month of service (will see if I can cancel early)
-25 CAD tablet data plan activation (SIM card)
I am getting:
+2 years 15 CAD 3GB LTE Data Plan
+LG G Pad IV 8"
+100 CAD cash in the pocket
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 25th, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: title edit
Thread Summary
Reply from FIDO on 2nd page and 3rd page of this thread:

FidoSolution
- Nick
198 replies
Jan 1, 2017
109 posts
109 upvotes
How did you get the G pad for free? is it attached to the fido phone plan ($45), the tablet plan ($15) or bestbuy promo?
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
623 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa
MrGroot wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 5:33 pm
How did you get the G pad for free? is it attached to the fido phone plan ($45), the tablet plan ($15) or bestbuy promo?
G Pad attached to tablet plan. It's basically this deal but it has no details and no 100 CAD gift card mentioned.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4208 posts
346 upvotes
Calgary
I already have two 3gb accounts with Fido, both of which has a $120 tab balance. Would it be worth my while to jump on this promo, get the tablet, get the $100 gift card, pay off one of the tab on one of the account and closing out out? I might just come out ahead, hmmm...
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Feb 17, 2018
29 posts
16 upvotes
eugene_2005 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 5:28 pm
Basically I wanted to get advantage of Fido 3GB LTE Data only $15 plan deal but that was available for exsiting Fido phone line holders only.
So I ended up signing up for the cheapest month-to-month 45 CAD plan(which I am going to cancel tomorrow) and 2 years $15 3GB LTE Data Plan + free LG G Pad IV 8" tablet.
On the top of that Bestbuy currently have a 100 CAD gift card promo that I was able to cash in right in the store.
So I am on the hook for the following charges:
-25 CAD phone line activation (SIM card)
-45 CAD month of service (will see if I can cancel early)
-25 CAD tablet data plan activation (SIM card)
I am getting:
+2 years 15 CAD 3GB LTE Data Plan
+LG G Pad IV 8"
+100 CAD cash in the pocket
Could you please report back on this?
All fingers crossed that they let you cancel the base plan and still let you keep the tablet plan. I'm facing a similar situation at my local BestBuy. (being told that they won't give me the tablet plan without the base plan and insisting that the tablet plan is linked to the base plan and will be cancelled when I cancel the base plan... However, I'm looking at M2M BYOD for the tablet plan, not sure if that makes a difference.)
Jan 1, 2017
109 posts
109 upvotes
eugene_2005 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 5:37 pm
G Pad attached to tablet plan. It's basically this deal but it has no details and no 100 CAD gift card mentioned.
so how do you get the $100 giftcard? Do you sign up at a local bestbuy store ?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4186 posts
723 upvotes
Kingston
2 questions can this be done with just the tablet plan?(I already have one and wanted the sign up for another) And was there a $14 financing fee?
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
623 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa
islandwoodpecker wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 7:28 pm
Could you please report back on this?
All fingers crossed that they let you cancel the base plan and still let you keep the tablet plan. I'm facing a similar situation at my local BestBuy. (being told that they won't give me the tablet plan without the base plan and insisting that the tablet plan is linked to the base plan and will be cancelled when I cancel the base plan... However, I'm looking at M2M BYOD for the tablet plan, not sure if that makes a difference.)
Sure, I will
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
623 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa
MrGroot wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 7:29 pm
so how do you get the $100 giftcard? Do you sign up at a local bestbuy store ?
Yes, I went to a local Bestbuy store just to ask for $15 3GB LTE Data Plan and tablet. I had no idea about a gift card but guys at the store told me there is a promo going on at the moment so that's how I ended up getting it. Not only that they were able to cash it in so I got $100 cash in my pocket instead of a gift card. No sure if it's a common thing.
Last edited by eugene_2005 on Feb 25th, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 8, 2011
180 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
i raised valid question to fido that what happens if i move out of country and cancel BYOD plan but still keep paying my $15 to avoid early cancellation?

Fido says there is no policy to cancel tablet plan as long as i keep paying that $15 .... lets see i will cancel in 2 days after i get that delivered.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
623 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa
Tha DraGun wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 7:52 pm
2 questions can this be done with just the tablet plan?(I already have one and wanted the sign up for another) And was there a $14 financing fee?
No, it cannot be done just with the data plan. That's the key. Fido won't let it do so you need to find a loophole in terms of getting a phoneline.

No, no financing fee. Just a 2 years contract $15 per month + free G Pad and $100 cash in my case.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
623 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa
islandwoodpecker wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 7:28 pm
I'm facing a similar situation at my local BestBuy. (being told that they won't give me the tablet plan without the base plan and insisting that the tablet plan is linked to the base plan and will be cancelled when I cancel the base plan... However, I'm looking at M2M BYOD for the tablet plan, not sure if that makes a difference.)
I have 2 written and signed conracts just in front of me: one for the phone line and the second one for the data plan. The tablet is on a 3GB data plan contract. There is nothing in the phone line contract about the tablet. Not even word 'tablet'. So I don't see how it could become an issue.
Jan 3, 2013
416 posts
221 upvotes
Raincouver
eugene_2005 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 8:35 pm
I have 2 written and signed conracts just in front of me: one for the phone line and the second one for the data plan. The tablet is on a 3GB data plan contract. There is nothing in the phone line contract about the tablet. Not even word 'tablet'. So I don't see how it could become an issue.
My guess is the Bestbuy reps say the tablet plan will be cancelled if you cancel the voice plan to try and stop people from doing what you are going to do. Wouldn't their commission be clawed back if you cancel?

Everything on my account shows my voice plan and tablet plan as completely separate from each other. The tablet plan isn't like it is an add-on to my voice plan.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
623 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa
Brian79 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 8:54 pm
My guess is the Bestbuy reps say the tablet plan will be cancelled if you cancel the voice plan to try and stop people from doing what you are going to do. Wouldn't their commission be clawed back if you cancel?
Actually the sales rep was the guy who offered the whole scheme at the fist place. I hesitated but when he mentioned 100 CAD on the top of that, it made my decision. I thought that in the worse case scenario I am goint to return whole thing all together within 15 days if doesn't work out.
Having said that the 2 accounts I've got now are totally independent so hopefully it will work out well. Will see tomorrow.
Last edited by eugene_2005 on Feb 25th, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.