Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy Mobile

Fido LG G4 32GB on 2y smart plan $0!! save$200

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2015 11:39 am
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
jessicacha wrote: doesn't work on renewals. the rep showed me that it's not them who apply the $200 credit. It's done automatically in the system for new activations and if it's a renewal, it doesn't show.
damn! so much for loyalty
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
jessicacha wrote: doesn't work on renewals. the rep showed me that it's not them who apply the $200 credit. It's done automatically in the system for new activations and if it's a renewal, it doesn't show.
I'm willing to jump on this deal,but how to get other credits if it's a new sign up and not an upgrade?
-$50 device upgrade credit
- -$29 royalty credit
- waive $25 upgrade fee
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
acekiller wrote: damn! so much for loyalty
yeah. BB rep told me to call fido and see if can they match..
but nope..
3:27 PM fido-rep:
So, I've taken a look at the offer from best buy. The offer is for brand new activations only, not on upgrades. To upgrade your service, you wouldn't qualify for this pricing. The other consideration is that you have to be using a Max plan to get the 0$ pricing, our Max plans start at 80$ per month.
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
immortal_kssss wrote: I'm willing to jump on this deal,but how to get other credits if it's a new sign up and not an upgrade?
- -$29 royalty credit
- waive $25 upgrade fee
I'm a little confused. If the LG G4 phone is free (from the save $200), what will you do with the $50 device upgrade credit? And what is the $25 upgrade for if you are a new customer? And I don't see those credits on the BB site anymore. Am I missing something here?

I'm also interested in this plan... Not sure if I should go with the $70 with 1GB data plan or $80 with 2GB data plan. Probably will be using the phone quite a bit for browsing and checking emails. Any thoughts? TIA!!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
Time to say good bye to Fido.
It was nice being with them for 10 years.
I will still leave their home phone, unless it goes in price after I port out.

I will see if I can get iPhone and still keep my $25 plan + $30 data add on.
Mar 10, 2007
156 posts
50 upvotes
Burnaby
It seems like the deal is dead as the price is changed to $124.99.
I got confirmed from a bestbuy rep in Burnaby, that deal was for a max plan. Too bad.

So now I still keep my old $39 smart plan without contract (450 weekday mins + 600MB data +voicemail +call display, unlimited text and evening/weekend mins... ) and wait for a good deal on a new phone.
All the new smart plans on Fido.ca are so dumb.
May 5, 2013
412 posts
284 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I didn't get this LG G4 deal, but I get the:
- -$29 royalty credit
- waive $25 upgrade fee

on a new iPhone 6S without sign up the contract and keep my old smart plan....it's free money discount on the new iphone which make this hot!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
So your discount is $105 ?
What was total you had to pay for phone ?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
maishiina wrote: It seems like the deal is dead as the price is changed to $124.99.
I got confirmed from a bestbuy rep in Burnaby, that deal was for a max plan. Too bad.

So now I still keep my old $39 smart plan without contract (450 weekday mins + 600MB data +voicemail +call display, unlimited text and evening/weekend mins... ) and wait for a good deal on a new phone.
All the new smart plans on Fido.ca are so dumb.
For your situation, why not use Cityfone?

400 Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited evenings and weekends (6PM)
1GB of data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited picture/video texting
VM, CID, etc.

An extra 400MB for a dollar
Nov 21, 2008
688 posts
85 upvotes
imknowno wrote: Btw, without signing up two years contract, you may get $79 credit when you buy your iPhone 6s; and if your old plan classified as retention smart plan, you can get the new iPhone 6s 64Gb for $729 when you renew two year contract.
How can you get this? Is anybody entitle to the $79 credit when renew with fido?
Dec 11, 2009
138 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
Sigh, missed it when it was 200$ off. With just 75$ off, do you guys think it's still a good deal? Oneplus 2 invites are more available now and that ends up costing more than this still, and LG is probably a preferable manufacturer.

The G4 is sort of like $15 x 24 = $360 because you have to pay $15 more per month if you don't BYOD. It becomes $19.5 x 24 = $468 if this means I don't get the second line discount too, haven't quite figured out how that will work. Oneplus 2 will probably cost more after shipping + duties.

Probably a hassle dealing with getting a Moto X Pure from the states if considering possible duties etc. too.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
maromi wrote: Sigh, missed it when it was 200$ off. With just 75$ off, do you guys think it's still a good deal? Oneplus 2 invites are more available now and that ends up costing more than this still, and LG is probably a preferable manufacturer.

The G4 is sort of like $15 x 24 = $360 because you have to pay $15 more per month if you don't BYOD. It becomes $19.5 x 24 = $468 if this means I don't get the second line discount too, haven't quite figured out how that will work. Oneplus 2 will probably cost more after shipping + duties.

Probably a hassle dealing with getting a Moto X Pure from the states if considering possible duties etc. too.
For sure Lenovo won't ship Motorola X pure to Canada,I had to order 2 times,they cancelled my first order,my second one went through,they were so strict..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
Can you use the student promo on this?

$55 with 2gb data
Dec 10, 2011
3 posts
SAINT-LÉONARD
AIOReward wrote: I didn't get this LG G4 deal, but I get the:
- -$29 royalty credit
- waive $25 upgrade fee

on a new iPhone 6S without sign up the contract and keep my old smart plan....it's free money discount on the new iphone which make this hot!
Wow so cool. Did you go to BestBuy or was this done by phone?
Also, how can one be eligible for royalty credit?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote: For sure Lenovo won't ship Motorola X pure to Canada,I had to order 2 times,they cancelled my first order,my second one went through,they were so strict..
How did you get Moto to ship you a phone? Did you ship to a US address? Did you pay with a US issued account?

I tried to get a Moto Pure and ship it to the US but it got shot down at last second. I heard they want a US issued account to verify ...
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Jun 18, 2012
540 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
If only this was for renewal, $0 on a 2 yr smart plan for G4 would've been smoking hot. S6 is $400 on 2 yr smart plan I believe, & the phones are pretty comparable IMO (I owned both)
FS
2013 Silver Maple Anniversary Fractional Set $240
2004 or 2003 Silver Maple fractional set $150 each
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
miss_swan wrote: How did you get Moto to ship you a phone? Did you ship to a US address? Did you pay with a US issued account?

I tried to get a Moto Pure and ship it to the US but it got shot down at last second. I heard they want a US issued account to verify ...
Yes I shipped it to a US address.
First time I ordered it and I paid with my Sears card so I could avoid the hideous conversion fee,Sears won't you allow to add a second address on your account,so I used the common way to get a zip code out of the digits of my Candian postal code,the problem the system flagged the order becuase the shipping address is not matching the fake billing address,so I called them and reviewed everything with me,and said they will escalate the case to their review team to make a decision,after 3 days they emailed me telling me the order is cancelled.
I called Capital one (Aspire travel world elite mastercard) ,and they gladly added my uncle's house as a billing address ,so I have right now two billing addresses ,one Canadian and the other one is US address.I was surprised they could do it,I wasn't sure it will work,but the agent was so sure it'll work and they won't know that my credit card is Canadian,and she told me the change will takes place right away (I tried many times to do that in the past with Amex,MBNA,CIBC and TD and all my tries had failed).
I hung up with her ,tried to purchase ,it didn't go through ,I was so upset so I decided to wait for 24 hours, the next day the order went through,but the system flagged my order again due being I ordered out of the states (my IP).
I called them again,reviewed everything again with the customer service agent,and I told her my residential address is in the states but I keep moving between Canada and the US due to work,so she escalated the case again to the review team,within 24 hour I received an email saying it's approved.
I'm really pleased with Capital one customer service,it's really different than any other those *****ty banks (CIBC ,TD,Scotia,PC and even AMEX),may be I had to pay a conversion fee extra,but I have double warranty feature and better customer service with Capital one if anything goes wrong,I had a few problems before with Merchants and Sears all could do is telling me to try solve it with the merchant and the money is gone.
Sorry for the long story ,just trying to help,I think it's really beautiful phone especially for ladies when they can choose the colors,engraving and add their feminine touch,I wouldn't have gone through this trouble If it was't for my wife.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1048 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto
I would have loved to get the G4 for $0, but I'm guessing this deal is dead? What's the best phone (best value) I can get now for renewing the $39 smart plan with Fido?
Jan 31, 2010
162 posts
9 upvotes
Barrie
Hey just wondering what you old vets are thinking with your fido accounts. I am on an old unlimited 3 year 35$ plan with 6gb 30$ addon, plus 1gb free from fido. With my existing credits I'm paying 62$ after tax atm. When this 3rd year runs out this July I will be officially looking for something else (have the option to take a rogers govt. plan - 3gb, unlimited talk and text for 60$+ tax or 5gb 70$+tax).

Anyone else in my shoes? I look at the new plans offered and they are just junk compared to what I've been holding onto for years now. I was told that I can renew a 2year, keep my plan but lose some of my discounts so I would be 65$+tax for 6gb and unlimited which still seems like a pretty great deal.

Could use a new phone as I am using a samsung s4 that is starting to do weird things and error out as new android versions have been released.

Advice?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)