[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
3971 posts
748 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Final Fantasy XV PS4 XB1 $30 off, $49.99

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/final-fantasy.aspx

For those of you who were waiting for it to go on sale, a great deal for an immense amount of work to create a game in an extremely large living world
31 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 3, 2015
416 posts
25 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
as someone who played the final fantasy series since ff6. who bought the deluxe edition on release. please heed my advice this game is not finished . do not buy till at least a year from this post. it's really a terrible half baked game . there are lots of reasons not to buy this game.

the game at this point is not even worth for a price of 30 dollars much less 49.99
Jul 10, 2004
984 posts
697 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
FeanorRFD wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 5:36 pm
as someone who played the final fantasy series since ff6. who bought the deluxe edition on release. please heed my advice this game is not finished . do not buy till at least a year from this post. it's really a terrible half baked game . there are lots of reasons not to buy this game.

the game at this point is not even worth for a price of 30 dollars much less 49.99
Mostly agree.

The battle system is pretty fun and the huge open world mostly works, but the story is absolutely awful. I didn't feel any connection with the characters. The plot is hard to follow; half because the storytelling is awful and half because you just don't care about any of the characters. There's no charm. And the whole aesthetic of the game is really stupid (e.g. magic and cellphones don't mix..). I've read reviews that praise the feelings of camaraderie you experience with the 4 main characters in the game... but I felt very little of that.

I don't totally regret buying the game and investing dozens of hours into it because it's sort of fun, but yea... didn't feel like a classic Final Fantasy AT ALL :(
Oct 8, 2014
128 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
It has it's flaws, but I really liked the game. Paid full price on release and had a blast.
Nov 18, 2015
120 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not a very good game at all imo. Choppy as hell on ps4pro.

Seeing lots of people trying to sell copies so you could probably pick it up used for 20$ pretty easy.
Apr 13, 2007
676 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
FeanorRFD wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 5:36 pm

Thats your opinion but I was very content with this game. How is it half baked?

You probably just don't comprehend the storyline well. There's so much depth to the game that is meant to be discovered like the new theories of the meaning behind the pitioss dungeon.
[self promotion removed]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
1430 posts
272 upvotes
Caledon
I bought an xbox just to play this game. and I liked it but much the same, it didnt have the feel with the characters like say ff7. graphics on xbox are ok, but ps4 pro is the best gfx I would of just waited for a PC release if i had really thought smarter.
-HP Probook 640 G2 Ultrabook - 14" Intel Core i5 6300u 8gb ddr4 256gb ssd-800$
-Custom RGB i7 6700 Gamer PC - 16gb ddr4 hd6870 ssd &hdd ect - 1000$.
Click here to check my BST post.
Jan 12, 2017
810 posts
110 upvotes
if u get this for the ps4,,u don't need to pay extra monthly fee to play this online? (aside from PSN+ sub) right
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8149 posts
1221 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:16 pm
if u get this for the ps4,,u don't need to pay extra monthly fee to play this online? (aside from PSN+ sub) right
its a single player game
Dec 9, 2013
409 posts
186 upvotes
Surrey
The guy is on drugs.

Ffxv was amazing, fun engaging and had some of the most fun fights in franchise history.

I would pay full price for it, every day, everytime.
Banned
Mar 8, 2017
81 posts
8 upvotes
I've played every single Final Fantasy game and thus far, this one ranks as one of my top five. The music... The music is fantastic! I randomly drive around aimlessly just to listen to the music. You can listen to scores from older Final Fantasy game! The visuals are also great! Although the gameplay is not turn based (which I prefer), it works. There's a ton of content and I haven't been bored. Even with the fetch quests.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
3971 posts
748 upvotes
Toronto
lol so its either you love it or hate it.....
Apr 24, 2013
28 posts
10 upvotes
They cut out all of the story line and character development and put it into the movie. Take a look at the movie before you play the game. That way it's not as bad.

As for the price, I picked it up on Boxing Day for around that so you can probably get it used for a lot less.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2383 posts
1094 upvotes
Montreal
Beat this game on easy bit not impressed. I am not a FF fan bit I found the game being too much of button mashing and no real strategy. Also some of the graphics were not well done and also the driving is boring and is really not an open world games.