Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

*HOT* Insignia Air Fryers 3.2L $49.99 (Reg: $99.99), 5L $79.99 (Reg $129.99), 5.5L $99.99 (Reg: $149.99)

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 1:50 am
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes

[Best Buy] *HOT* Insignia Air Fryers 3.2L $49.99 (Reg: $99.99), 5L $79.99 (Reg $129.99), 5.5L $99.99 (Reg: $149.99)

I had ordered the Walmart T-fal air fryer from the other RFD Thread but cancelled it due to some concerns that I posted there.

Stumbled on these. They're great and don't have the problems that the T-fal has with it's build.

I ordered the 5L, as I don't need the digital display, the capacity is very large for the price, and the removable basket is square vs round, which I like more. I've been using mine now almost daily since I got it. Amazing bang for the buck!

5L Analog Pictured:

*edit* Ordered 2 more as gifts.
*edit 2* Updated for BD Sale
Last edited by Caerus on Dec 27th, 2018 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
192 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1684 posts
291 upvotes
Can't decide on an air fryer - got the $88 Walmart one on BF (T-Fal 1L original) but not sure if should spend more for larger capacity or different brand - Philips etc.

This one doesn't have any review online. You think it will last?
Dec 15, 2011
207 posts
150 upvotes
Quebec
Bought the 5.5 L/99$. Works fine.

Price haven't change for the past 2 weeks
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1684 posts
291 upvotes
Thanks. Looks like prices went up to $69,$99 and $149 respectively.
Jan 8, 2018
138 posts
138 upvotes
A much better deal would be to spend $0 on these marketing gimmicks and use your oven instead
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
I have been loving my air fryer and use it often. Way more effective than my oven.
Nov 17, 2013
979 posts
196 upvotes
WINNIPEG
seeing the same here. How'd they jump so fast?
crustydragon wrote: Thanks. Looks like prices went up to $69,$99 and $149 respectively.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
miksterz1 wrote: A much better deal would be to spend $0 on these marketing gimmicks and use your oven instead
I live by myself, and generally cook smaller portions. Pre-heating an oven takes quite a long time, cooking times are substantially longer, and it heats up my whole place, while using way more electricity in the process. Can you do most of the same things in a convection oven? Probably, but speed, convenience, lower power, ability to quickly reheat food, and versatility aren't gimmicks to me. Hate all you like, but these sell a ton because they're not gimmicks. It may not serve your use scenario, but it does and more to a ton of other people.
Aug 23, 2003
796 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: I live by myself, and generally cook smaller portions. Pre-heating an oven takes quite a long time, cooking times are substantially longer, and it heats up my whole place, while using way more electricity in the process. Can you do most of the same things in a convection oven? Probably, but speed, convenience, lower power, ability to quickly reheat food, and versatility aren't gimmicks to me. Hate all you like, but these sell a ton because they're not gimmicks. It may not serve your use scenario, but it does and more to a ton of other people.
RIP miksterz1
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
Caerus wrote: I live by myself, and generally cook smaller portions. Pre-heating an oven takes quite a long time, cooking times are substantially longer, and it heats up my whole place, while using way more electricity in the process. Can you do most of the same things in a convection oven? Probably, but speed, convenience, lower power, ability to quickly reheat food, and versatility aren't gimmicks to me. Hate all you like, but these sell a ton because they're not gimmicks. It may not serve your use scenario, but it does and more to a ton of other people.
*Mic Drop* haha. Just because of what you said, I am going to order one and try. I have always wanted to try one, but like you, living alone in a smaller apartment makes me hesitate as I don't have a lot of room to store things like these. I don't have a conventional oven, might as well give this a try, and thank you Op for posting.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Jan 8, 2018
138 posts
138 upvotes
kbjy11 wrote: RIP miksterz1
Not really. Even you if you accept these questionable side benefits of an air fryer, the whole selling point of these things is that they provide some magical method for obtaining deep fried results without any oil. That is 100% a marketing gimmick, since all they are doing is putting convection technology in a box. These companies aren't out there saying "look, these are great for reheating already-cooked food, and you might save a couple of cents a year on your hydro bill".
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1021 posts
867 upvotes
miksterz1 wrote: Not really. Even you if you accept these questionable side benefits of an air fryer, the whole selling point of these things is that they provide some magical method for obtaining deep fried results without any oil. That is 100% a marketing gimmick, since all they are doing is putting convection technology in a box. These companies aren't out there saying "look, these are great for reheating already-cooked food, and you might save a couple of cents a year on your hydro bill".
Agreed. It's literally the same as a toaster oven, but the shape is more appealing for cooking batches of fries and what not. Still not worth spending more for that feature though. If you're looking for space and hydro savings, get a toaster oven.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Aug 13, 2009
9 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
For those who commented in here regarding the air fryer is the same as toaster oven. obviously you do not own one. I bought one last year and I have to say the result is very different from toaster oven (well, at least my cheap toaster oven). the drumsticks that come out from this is amazing. it's not baked, it is like fried. salmon and bacon from this is also amazing too
Nov 17, 2013
979 posts
196 upvotes
WINNIPEG
so this is basically like the t-fal active fry but without the automatic stir paddle? When is that needed, what kinds of foods would need the automatic stir paddle?
I was thinking about getting one of these for wings cuz doing wings on a flat baking pan with a coating, they always stick to the baking pan. This would be better for that?

anyone recommend a good toaster oven then if this is the same thing? I hate the idea and reality of preheating our large oven for 10-15min to do one baking sheet of wings.

how are you able to compare capacities? some are listed in kg, others litres and some in qts? how do you compare sizes?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
cindywan88 wrote: For those who commented in here regarding the air fryer is the same as toaster oven. obviously you do not own one. I bought one last year and I have to say the result is very different from toaster oven (well, at least my cheap toaster oven). the drumsticks that come out from this is amazing. it's not baked, it is like fried. salmon and bacon from this is also amazing too
It's no biggie. It's just ignorance or arrogance. They don't own one, but obviously they know exactly how it works, what it does, why it sucks, why you shouldn't buy one, why it's just the same as something else, why you should just get _____ instead, why this other product is clearly superior, etc. etc.

There are those types of people for any product. No experience, but experts on it.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
livetilapia wrote: They’re back on sale!!!!
Yeah, I use mine almost daily. Awesome that they're back down to the sale prices again! Anyone interested in an air fryer, these are definitely the best bang for the buck at this price. The analog 5L I have is so simple to use. 1 dial for temp, 1 dial for time, and you're done.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey OP, was just talking about air fryers with friends over christmas. Some friends own it and love it.

What's the pros and cons of Insignia vs T-fal that's on sale at Walmart?

Tia :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)