Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Forza horizon 3 $49.99 after trading in forza 6

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2016 3:50 pm
Aug 14, 2009
96 posts
181 upvotes

[Best Buy] Forza horizon 3 $49.99 after trading in forza 6

Best Buy is advertising a not bad promo on Forza horizon 3. Considering the review scores it might. E worth playing for racing fans.

Trade in Forza 6 on Xbox one and get a $30 credit for forza horizon 3. It also looks like it can be used on the ultimate which came out todayp
Also obviously trade can only be done in store
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I appreciate the heads-up OP, and am truly looking forward to playing this game with my wheel setup.
Buuuuuuuut.......there's NO WAY I'd give up Forza 6 in order to save $30 off of what a game should be selling for new ($49.99-$59.99).
$79.99??!?!?!?!
Pffffftttt.....I can wait 6 months to a year for it to get down to $39.99 or so.

Not sure which crowd they're trying to reach with this deal, as Forza 6 & Forza Horizon 3 are very different titles.
One is a sim, the other is pure balls-out fun arcade racing.
Do they think that a lot of people bot Forza 6 by mistake, and now wanna trade it in?

Black Friday is coming, and who knows, it may be on sale.

Both games rock.
If they just sold Forza Horizon 3 for a reasonable $59.99 CAD then it would benefit both parties (huge volume of sales and happy customers).
As it stands, I'll just wait for it to drop in price.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Woah! wrote: I appreciate the heads-up OP, and am truly looking forward to playing this game with my wheel setup.
Buuuuuuuut.......there's NO WAY I'd give up Forza 6 in order to save $30 off of what a game should be selling for new ($49.99-$59.99).
$79.99??!?!?!?!
Pffffftttt.....I can wait 6 months to a year for it to get down to $39.99 or so.

Not sure which crowd they're trying to reach with this deal, as Forza 6 & Forza Horizon 3 are very different titles.
Do they think that a lot of people bot Forza 6 by mistake, and now wanna trade it in?

Both games rock.
If they just sold Forza Horizon 3 for a reasonable $59.99 CAD then it would benefit both parties (huge volume of sales and happy customers).
Welcome to Canada. Our dollar is basically worthless now do games cost more

At least it's better than it used to be when games were $100 or more
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
Woah! wrote: I appreciate the heads-up OP, and am truly looking forward to playing this game with my wheel setup.
$79.99??!?!?!?!

Both games rock.
You know the Canadian dollar is doing poorly right?

$60 USD is almost exactly $79 CAD. They're selling it for basically the same price.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2217 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
RadiantViper wrote:
$79.99??!?!?!?!

Both games rock.

$60 USD is almost exactly $79 CAD. They're selling it for basically the same price.
My salary hasn't gone up 16% since the CAD dropped, so I don't see why I would be expected to pay more. It's normal for companies to sell games at the price the local market will accept not at a price that converts to 60 USD since it doesn't cost them much to produce the disc. There's nothing that forces them to sell at a higher price because the currency went down (well except that they prefer losing a few Canadian customers like me over Americans buying it here for a lower price)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Yes, I'm well aware of our weak dollar.
I've seen a lot of items which aren't price-gouged as much as new release games though.

Even some gaming hardware is MUCH cheaper in Canada when you factor in the FX rate.
CAD:
https://www.amazon.ca/Thrustmaster-T3PA ... rustmaster

USD:
https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T3P ... rustmaster

A new release $79.99 is now $89.60 after tax here in BC.
Ouchie!!!!
If people welcome that with open arms, then there should be no problem when they up standard edition games to $89.99......then $99.99......then........

On the flip side, games generally drop in price pretty quickly these days, unless of course they're an anomaly such as the GTA series.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3463 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
Woah! wrote: Yes, I'm well aware of our weak dollar.
I've seen a lot of items which aren't price-gouged as much as new release games though.
Does not compute. As somebody said before. $60usd is $80cad. It's not being price gouged.
That wheel is also a $4 difference when not on sale, so no, not 'much cheaper'.
Mar 21, 2010
361 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
Keep in mind to get the Xbox Play Anywhere version (PC and Xbox) you need to order it through Windows store.

Side note: The PC version supports 21:9 resolution (triple monitors).

Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Zyphur wrote:
Does not compute. As somebody said before. $60usd is $80cad. It's not being price gouged.
1. The price gouging is the cost of new release games in general. If you have no problem paying that, more power to you. This is Red Flag Deals after all, we're (or at least I am) not here to pay full retail. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2. Those are pedals, not a wheel. They are regularly around the $99 everywhere in Canada (unless that store is charging full retail). Many of us here grabbed those pedals for under $50 CAD when Amazon.ca & The Source had 'em on sale.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
webster354 wrote: Keep in mind to get the Xbox Play Anywhere version (PC and Xbox) you need to order it through Windows store.

Side note: The PC version supports 21:9 resolution (triple monitors).

Ordering it on Xbox works as well
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
joeyl wrote:
RadiantViper wrote:
$79.99??!?!?!?!

Both games rock.

My salary hasn't gone up 16% since the CAD dropped, so I don't see why I would be expected to pay more. It's normal for companies to sell games at the price the local market will accept not at a price that converts to 60 USD since it doesn't cost them much to produce the disc. There's nothing that forces them to sell at a higher price because the currency went down (well except that they prefer losing a few Canadian customers like me over Americans buying it here for a lower price)
The company that makes the games is American so it's reasonable that they would want their profits to stay in American dollar value. If CAD goes down, then their profits go down as they have to convert. So that's why they raise prices. This doesn't just apply to games, applies to everything.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Seeing people complain about game prices brings me back to the days when our dollar was only like .50 USD and the normal price for a game was $99... hell, I remember some N64 games retailing for $120
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
Woah! wrote:
Zyphur wrote:
1. The price gouging is the cost of new release games in general. If you have no problem paying that, more power to you. This is Red Flag Deals after all, we're (or at least I am) not here to pay full retail. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2. Those are pedals, not a wheel. They are regularly around the $99 everywhere in Canada (unless that store is charging full retail). Many of us here grabbed those pedals for under $50 CAD when Amazon.ca & The Source had 'em on sale.
Only on RFD is the standard retail price on a critically praised game with tons of content considered "price gouging".
Jun 26, 2012
398 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote:
joeyl wrote:
RadiantViper wrote:

The company that makes the games is American so it's reasonable that they would want their profits to stay in American dollar value. If CAD goes down, then their profits go down as they have to convert. So that's why they raise prices. This doesn't just apply to games, applies to everything.
Buls**** why did that American company not adjust the price the same way for European customers....games price haven't changed in Europe for years despite the EUR dropped vs the USD...and what about Ubisoft games? The company is France based.....games should then be cheaper in the US and same price here....at the end Canadians always end up paying more....but yeah you're right just put it on the CAD so you don't feel like you're just a sheep....no wonder why we keep paying more
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
RadiantViper wrote:
Woah! wrote:
Zyphur wrote:

Only on RFD is the standard retail price on a critically praised game with tons of content considered "price gouging".
I agree that this particular game is going to be spectacular and worth every penny.
Probably an 11/10 rating!!!!

$59.99 would be fair, or even $69.99 if you really wanted that "Day One Edition".
Simply put, economics and exchange rates aside, $80 for a video game is a lotta scratch!
That's the only point I was trying to make.

It's gonna be a hell'uva game either way.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
joeyl wrote:
RadiantViper wrote:
$79.99??!?!?!?!

Both games rock.

It's a US company, their returns on our Canadian dollar would lower their profit margins and year over year sales. It's simple currency exchange, it's a business, not a non for profit organization. It also stops americans from purchasing games from Canada so it's cheaper for them.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
djskynet wrote:
bomber17 wrote:
joeyl wrote:

Buls**** why did that American company not adjust the price the same way for European customers....games price haven't changed in Europe for years despite the EUR dropped vs the USD...and what about Ubisoft games? The company is France based.....games should then be cheaper in the US and same price here....at the end Canadians always end up paying more....but yeah you're right just put it on the CAD so you don't feel like you're just a sheep....no wonder why we keep paying more
It's €69.99 for a AAA game. Taking forex into consideration that is way more expensive than $CAD 79.99 here. So yeah we're sheep here.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
bomber17 wrote:
djskynet wrote:
bomber17 wrote:

It's €69.99 for a AAA game. Taking forex into consideration that is way more expensive than $CAD 79.99 here. So yeah we're sheep here.
I see it at £39.99 in the UK, which is ~$69 CAD.....and under $52 USD.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Horizon- ... +horizon+3

http://gbp.fxexchangerate.com/cad/39.99 ... rates.html

http://gbp.fxexchangerate.com/usd/39.99 ... rates.html

OK, I get it.......MS and other game publishers/dev's love Europe (and who wouldn't). Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Apr 5, 2012
177 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Woah! wrote:
bomber17 wrote:
djskynet wrote:

I see it at £39.99 in the UK, which is ~$69 CAD.....and under $52 USD.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Horizon- ... +horizon+3

http://gbp.fxexchangerate.com/cad/39.99 ... rates.html

http://gbp.fxexchangerate.com/usd/39.99 ... rates.html

OK, I get it.......MS and other game publishers/dev's love Europe (and who wouldn't). Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
UK prices tend to be a slight bit out of whack with eurozone prices. Euro price for horizon 3, fyi:

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Game ... -horizon-3

€69.99 ($102) taxes in

Average wage in Ireland and Canada is pretty much identical, too, btw, at around $1020 pw gross

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)