[Best Buy] Fossil Q Android Wear Smart Watches on sale starting at $224

Best Buy has the Fossil Q Android Wear Smart Watches on sale,

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/sc-25050/f ... ore=fossil
26 replies
Aug 1, 2005
845 posts
27 upvotes
Burnaby
Anyone with experience know how it compares to similar priced AW2.0 watches?

Asus Zenwatch 3
LG Style
Misfit Vapor (upcoming)
Ticwatch S & E (upcoming)
ZTE Quartz

I'm considering the Misfit Vapor the most, but I don't really like the style and know nothing of the company's reputation.
Nov 16, 2016
39 posts
12 upvotes
It's such a nice and pretty watch. But I've still kinda been eying the Moto gen 2 watch that went on sale for $100 at best buy.
Sep 20, 2007
618 posts
161 upvotes
GVRD
Pretty much all Android Wear 2.0 watches are very similar. I had LG urbane, and now using Huawei watch (original). Fossil Q looks about the same in term of technology (CPU, RAM, and features). Fossil Q doesn't have Ambient light sensor, or heart rate monitor. I guess it's really depends on your preference. I don't think I will be upgrading to any of current Wear 2.0 watches as it doesn't offer anything new compare to my Huawei watch.
Sep 28, 2010
470 posts
100 upvotes
Surrey
I really want one of these fossil smart watches but the battery life on them is terrible right now. Also I read somewhere gorilla glass smart watches will be on the next version, I'm assuming 4.0?
Nov 12, 2015
481 posts
614 upvotes
ndy4eva wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 7:16 pm
Pretty much all Android Wear 2.0 watches are very similar. I had LG urbane, and now using Huawei watch (original). Fossil Q looks about the same in term of technology (CPU, RAM, and features). Fossil Q doesn't have Ambient light sensor, or heart rate monitor. I guess it's really depends on your preference. I don't think I will be upgrading to any of current Wear 2.0 watches as it doesn't offer anything new compare to my Huawei watch.
Do you mean this one?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... steel.html

Man, I have been waiting for this one to go on sale the longest time, didn't see it go anything below 300$ Canadian.
Jul 20, 2016
470 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
Gen 3 got out couple of weeks ago, that's why Gen 2 is getting discounted?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Oct 8, 2013
209 posts
132 upvotes
Dartmouth
I love tech and have been getting the itch for a smart watch but fail to see the use case beyond it being a cool thing. I am often finding that I avoid doing complex things on my phone in favor of just doing it at the computer and that a smartwatch would just take that frustration to a new level. Is there a good use case that justifies having another thing to charge every night? Largely it seems like notifications and voice commands are the biggie, which isn't a huge motivator.

Smart watch users, what features do they have that you find yourself using a lot?

I've got a fitbit surge which is more of an activity tracker and find that the thing I notice most is the inconvenience of charging. Not much a use for most of what it does.
Sep 28, 2010
470 posts
100 upvotes
Surrey
neonic wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 9:11 pm
Gen 3 got out couple of weeks ago, that's why Gen 2 is getting discounted?
Yup, I went into the fossil shop last week and that's what they said.
Sep 2, 2017
109 posts
66 upvotes
Canada
nice watch thanks OP gen 2 and gen 3 look nice

Oct 8, 2013
209 posts
132 upvotes
Dartmouth
Oh shoot, the Fossil q Nate Hybrid is real nice looking.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2005
1055 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Battery lasts only one day
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7804 posts
1885 upvotes
Brampton
For those that asked how they compared to other AW2 capable watches. Besides not having NFC, HR or ambient life sensor the biggest draw back to the Fossil stuff is the screen.
I have or had the Moto 360 gen 1&2 and the OG Huawei watch. The screens on those 3 are leaps and bounds better than the Fossil stuff. Viewing angles brightness are awful on the Fossil watches. It also suffers terribly from the pentile OLED problem.

Also with AW2 battery life is awful (it made the Hwatch and moto 360v2 bad too) and it's not great to start with. AW2 also runs really sluggishly compared to AW1.5. As an Android user I also call in to doubt the long-term plans for AW from Google as they haven't mentioned any significant improvements or development to AW.