Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Global Chef's Knife and Shears ~$93 after PM (don't forget EBates)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2018 11:10 am
[OP]
Nov 11, 2008
950 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Just want to note that with BB, after checking a previous purchase I made recently, you get cashback on the original amount at 2%
So it's 2% back on $275.
Aug 18, 2006
83 posts
18 upvotes
Just got the price match after calling a second time. The first time the guy went through two managers and they both said the code was a little different. Wasted 30 minutes there. Called right back a second time got it done within 5 minutes. Just luck of the draw I guess.

Been looking for a new knife and see good reviews on it. Hope it's as great as they say.
Nov 21, 2006
456 posts
126 upvotes
Price matched with Bestbuy over the phone for a total of $93.49 + tx
Thank you op
Nov 10, 2016
175 posts
92 upvotes
Thank you op. Got pm at bestbuy. The rep said they need to get management approval and will call me back. Got a call about 3 hrs later and got the deal. Pm with 10% beat. The rep said they credit back to my credit card with the difference.
Aug 12, 2011
266 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Also saw this in store at costco maybe even better deal?
3 piece set for $180

Or this from winners
5 piece with knife block for $299
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
[OP]
Nov 11, 2008
950 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
hachi8 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:29 am
Also saw this in store at costco maybe even better deal?
3 piece set for $180

Or this from winners
5 piece with knife block for $299
3 set: That's 7" Santoku, 5" Cook's, 3.5" Paring knife.
G-46, GS-3, GS-38
Feb 15, 2013
837 posts
398 upvotes
Brampton
Bought to secure stock. Will attempt price match when lines open back up.
Jun 12, 2010
548 posts
131 upvotes
YVR
How are people able to get PM + eBates? When they PM over the phone do they not place the order directly for you? Or are people PMing after buying at full cost?
Aug 18, 2006
83 posts
18 upvotes
wiffle wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:12 am
How are people able to get PM + eBates? When they PM over the phone do they not place the order directly for you? Or are people PMing after buying at full cost?
On the phone they'll tell you to continue placing the order, so you are the one making the order. Then they'll ask you for your order number and charge back a credit to your credit card in 3-5 days for the difference. That will be $181.5 + tax. I just checked my ebates and got $5.50 (2%) from it.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1295 posts
506 upvotes
Laval
wiffle wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:12 am
The latter...place order online and PM thru customer service
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1028 posts
82 upvotes
the previous gloval deal came with a sharpener, can this sharpener also be used on the sheers?
[OP]
Nov 11, 2008
950 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
I got my 5 sets...

The knife is very sharp, a bit heavy, very heavy duty (looks like it'll be OK if a bomb goes off). There is some friction when opening/closing it...I'm trying to figure out how to make it smoother.

It felt initially weird to hold it but then I realized it's not symmetric on one side as the other. It's more comfortable on one side than the other.

I think overall I wouldn't feel bad using it on bones and hard materials just because everything is so heavy duty. This isn't shears that you'd want to use if you were snipping very very fast (or a lot).

Cleaning surfaces near the joint might be an issue but looks like you can unscrew it with pliers or something like that.
Jun 12, 2010
548 posts
131 upvotes
YVR
Bleh. Called and they couldn't do the PM on the spot - asking me to wait 3-5 business days for managerial approval.. Not sure if I should call again for a diff rep or not.
May 23, 2017
145 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks OP, PM'd this last night with a rep who did it right on the spot without issues. Guess I got lucky. I did have to go back to Costco to return the knife + sharpener set I just bought last week (luckily didn't open it yet).

Question: can I use a cheap knife sharpener on this one? Never owned an expensive knife before so I don't want to accidentally ruin the blade with a cheap sharpener...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)