Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat - $99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2018 7:01 pm
May 14, 2013
85 posts
84 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: i got mine at rona and the model says "Model #RCHT8610WF2014/W"

i submitted for my rebate the same day (thanksgiving weekend) and I was emailed yesterday saying my rebate was approved and on the way.
Good to know!
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
So go Canadian tire and buy. Price match with Lowe's. Since I Enbridge I can claim the 100 back??
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Great deal - wow $99. Never seen a WIFI model for this price and Honeywell is a good brand. I realize it doesn't have the features of my Ecobee but still - basic functions there.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Great price, and it's pretty much free. But with the Alberta government giving out free Ecobee 3s I'll have to pass.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Great price, and it's pretty much free. But with the Alberta government giving out free Ecobee 3s I'll have to pass.
only if you have a generic non programable thermostat, plus you will waiting along time for that. i had the guy come to my house around 2 months ago, he didnt do the thermostat, it was a massive wait list for that install.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Anyone know if this would work in a Condo?

The Nest and Ecobee ones require an additional power source or something, so they don't work without additional wiring (I don't know the specifics). Is this the same way or does this more of a "plug and play" (not literally) solution?
Nov 14, 2009
180 posts
80 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Great price, and it's pretty much free. But with the Alberta government giving out free Ecobee 3s I'll have to pass.
I had them come in and change my lights but they said someone else would do the wifi thermostat yet i haven't received a call in months.
how do we get those?
Jun 14, 2006
689 posts
152 upvotes
Winnipeg
blazed16 wrote: I bought the honeywell colour touch screen thermostat and was hoping manitoba hydro would offer $100 off but there not this year.

Because if they were i would just buy this one instead as i wanted this to start with then went with the more expensive model i think 249 but on sale 129. This one at 100 then if hydro discount so tax only would be a hot deal.
Disappointed Manitoba Hydro isn't offering us anything in rebates on thermostats. I missed the last one (last year, I think). Our current one is outdated and inaccurate. : (
Mar 13, 2005
241 posts
95 upvotes
If you order online, Lowes has a 10% discount for orders over $100. Just add a filler to your order (eg a couple of pencils) and enter the code "save10" at checkout.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Anyone know if this would work in a Condo?

The Nest and Ecobee ones require an additional power source or something, so they don't work without additional wiring (I don't know the specifics). Is this the same way or does this more of a "plug and play" (not literally) solution?
no it needs the extra wire.
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
blazed16 wrote: I bought the honeywell colour touch screen thermostat and was hoping manitoba hydro would offer $100 off but there not this year.

Because if they were i would just buy this one instead as i wanted this to start with then went with the more expensive model i think 249 but on sale 129. This one at 100 then if hydro discount so tax only would be a hot deal.
is ontario $100 rebate only for honeywell? or can you do rebate with ecobee or nest?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
staffpro wrote: is ontario $100 rebate only for honeywell? or can you do rebate with ecobee or nest?
Nest and ecobee are included
Sep 22, 2015
77 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary, AB
rocking23nf wrote: if you are in alberta, this is free after 100$ mail in rebate.
How do you get the rebate in Alberta? Thanks for the help!
Oct 22, 2005
927 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
goofball wrote: Nest and ecobee are included
this is where \i found the link...

https://enbridgesmartsavings.com/smart- ... hermostats

at the bottom of the page you can click on your manufacturers link ie. honeywell or ecobee and they also mention the redemption site for nest

honeywell > https://www.go2claim.com/customer/claim ... ectcomfort

ecobee > https://www.ecobee.com/utilityreg/#/uti ... Form/login

nest visit > nest.com/enbridge

cheers
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 19th, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed short links
Aug 2, 2017
104 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary, AB
What's the deal on free Ecobee 3s?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1524 posts
393 upvotes
Mississauga
Lowes says:
Works with Amazon Alexa: Yes
Works with Android: Yes
Works with Apple HomeKit: Yes
Works with Google Home: No
Works with iOS: Yes
Works with Iris: No
Works with Nest: No
Works with SmartThings: No

Best Buy says:
It's compatible with Samsung SmartThings, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and IFTTT.

For Wink, this site says yes, but Wink's site doesn't show the Lyric.
Jul 23, 2015
101 posts
75 upvotes
Markham
I brought and installed the Lyric T5 on the weekend from CanTires for $129 (with price match to HomeDepot and a few gift cards+bonus card). Will see if I can get the different back from CanTires.

I live in Ontario and use Enbridge as my gas provider. Here is a link to get $100 bill created back from Enbridge. No visit to your home is required. All done online.
https://yourhome.honeywell.com/en/special-offers
https://www.go2claim.com/customer/claim ... ectcomfort

This WiFi thermostat requires a 'C' wire for power (no battery for the thermostat), the wiring on my house does not have this wire (cheap builder use a 4-wire cable instead of a 5-wire one) and my old programmable thermostat use battery. What you can do is to use the G-wire for power, you do lost the abilities to control the fan manually. The furnace fan will be on when either heat or A/C is running, so you just can't manually control the furnace fan. If you are lucky and have an extra wire from the furnace, then use it as power for the C-wire.

Youtube video on how to ... don't forget to put the furnace panel back when testing the thermostat, otherwise the safety switch on the furnace will not be pressed (i.e. no power to the furnace and thermostat) and the thermostat will not be on.

Nov 6, 2007
376 posts
246 upvotes
London
You can also buy a Honeywell THP9045A 1023 4-wire to 5-wire converter and keep all the functionality.
footmark wrote: I brought and installed the Lyric T5 on the weekend from CanTires for $129 (with price match to HomeDepot and a few gift cards+bonus card). Will see if I can get the different back from CanTires.

I live in Ontario and use Enbridge as my gas provider. Here is a link to get $100 bill created back from Enbridge. No visit to your home is required. All done online.
https://yourhome.honeywell.com/en/special-offers
https://www.go2claim.com/customer/claim ... ectcomfort

This WiFi thermostat requires a 'C' wire for power (no battery for the thermostat), the wiring on my house does not have this wire (cheap builder use a 4-wire cable instead of a 5-wire one) and my old programmable thermostat use battery. What you can do is to use the G-wire for power, you do lost the abilities to control the fan manually. The furnace fan will be on when either heat or A/C is running, so you just can't manually control the furnace fan. If you are lucky and have an extra wire from the furnace, then use it as power for the C-wire.

Youtube video on how to ... don't forget to put the furnace panel back when testing the thermostat, otherwise the safety switch on the furnace will not be pressed (i.e. no power to the furnace and thermostat) and the thermostat will not be on.