Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

HOT - Heys 2-Piece Hard-Sided Luggage Sets - $139!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2016 1:58 pm
Tags:
Jun 18, 2015
249 posts
1193 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Best Buy] HOT - Heys 2-Piece Hard-Sided Luggage Sets - $139!

I posted this in the 2-Day Sale thread, but I think it deserves its own thread for those that are planning their summer travel.

Best Buy has Heys 2-piece hard-sided sets for $139. Of course the savings is out of this world, which is expected with luggage, but I checked Costco and The Bay and there's nothing that even comes close to this price and quality.

Comes in 5 different colours within 2 styles.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1787 posts
179 upvotes
For 2pc thats really a good deal but ALL luggage "regular" price are a joke.
Sep 19, 2009
796 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have experience with Heys?
Jun 18, 2015
249 posts
1193 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
BRAISKI wrote: For 2pc thats really a good deal but ALL luggage "regular" price are a joke.
Oh hands down. I feel sorry for anyone that has actually paid full price for luggage. I have them in my prayers.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
gotridet wrote: Anyone have experience with Heys?
The 2-pc Heys that I bought from Costco did not even last 2 trips within the span of a year before the wheel assembly cracked and started falling apart. Granted, it was not this same set specifically, but not a good first experience. Needless to say, I ended up returning it.
Dec 26, 2013
63 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
Ordered a 3-piece set from The Shopping Channel about 4 years ago and of the 3 pieces, only the carry-on has stood the test of time. Largest piece had a wheel completely destroyed during its first trip and then the entire handle broke off during the second trip. Heys did not honour the warranty for the first time the wheel was destroyed even though it was done within the first year of owning it. Based on this experience, I'm reluctant to buy or recommend Heys.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6467 posts
460 upvotes
Scarborough
I've had a heys carry on it is the best carry on I've ever had. Their customer service has always been amazing. My handle got stuck and they fixed it and the zipper broke (because of the airline) and it too was fixed with no cost. I didn't even have the receipt with me. I guess different people have had different experiences from me lol.
Jun 18, 2015
249 posts
1193 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lithiumli wrote: I've had a heys carry on it is the best carry on I've ever had. Their customer service has always been amazing. My handle got stuck and they fixed it and the zipper broke (because of the airline) and it too was fixed with no cost. I didn't even have the receipt with me. I guess different people have had different experiences from me lol.
I think it just comes down to where you buy it from. Where did you buy yours? I would fully expect luggage from The Shopping Channel and Costco would be cheaply made, hence the discount they offer and is priced for them to get out of it quickly. Places like The Bay, Sears and even Bentley, would be more respectable, however their prices tend to be a little bit more than TSC and Costco... I feel like Best Buy is in the middle ground here.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5098 posts
4402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
screenthis wrote: Oh hands down. I feel sorry for anyone that has actually paid full price for luggage. I have them in my prayers.
True. The true price of luggage is roughyl 40-45% of sticker price.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Thanks OP, just ordered a swiss gear single large luggage for $99. $300 off. Laughable. But anyway, I already have one Heys and one Swiss large luggage pieces, I find no difference in quality. If anything, the Swiss is a little heavier because the plastic walls are not so floppy. Good for durability, but means you can pack less in it due to 50lb weight restrictions.
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1185 posts
610 upvotes
Edmonton
screenthis wrote: I think it just comes down to where you buy it from. Where did you buy yours? I would fully expect luggage from The Shopping Channel and Costco would be cheaply made, hence the discount they offer and is priced for them to get out of it quickly. Places like The Bay, Sears and even Bentley, would be more respectable, however their prices tend to be a little bit more than TSC and Costco... I feel like Best Buy is in the middle ground here.
Not sure how luggage sold at "Best Buy" is better quality than Costco. Any of the lower priced sets of Heys are mediocre at best. The reason why The Bay's Hey's luggage cost more is because they carry the higher lines and the quality shows. Generally, "good" luggage is not sold in sets, but rather by the piece. Regardless, I think we can all agree that luggage regular prices are inflated. The reason why people say the cheaper Heys carry on luggage have been good to them and held up is because they are small, so don't get strained like the larger capacity suitcases, and also don't get mishandled and thrown around with the checked luggage.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
canukeneh wrote: reason why people say the cheaper Heys carry on luggage have been good to them and held up is because they are small, so don't get strained like the larger capacity suitcases, and also don't get mishandled and thrown around with the checked luggage.
I can't speak to their larger suitcases but I can attest to the durability of their carry-ons. I have the older model purchased from the Bay in 2007 with the 2 wheels instead of 4; I've taken it on more trips than I can remember and the darn luggage refuses to resign. For the last couple years I kind of hoped a wheel would fall off or the handle get bent to justify me buying one in a different color and with 4 wheels but I've now given up on that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
I bought 4 sets of Hey's luggage when Staples cleared them out for like $67 about 4 yrs ago. I've used mine lots in the trunk of a car and on airlines and haven't had a single problem with them.
Jun 18, 2015
249 posts
1193 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
canukeneh wrote: Not sure how luggage sold at "Best Buy" is better quality than Costco. Any of the lower priced sets of Heys are mediocre at best. The reason why The Bay's Hey's luggage cost more is because they carry the higher lines and the quality shows. Generally, "good" luggage is not sold in sets, but rather by the piece. Regardless, I think we can all agree that luggage regular prices are inflated. The reason why people say the cheaper Heys carry on luggage have been good to them and held up is because they are small, so don't get strained like the larger capacity suitcases, and also don't get mishandled and thrown around with the checked luggage.
Well we all know Costco buys in bulk - that's part of the reason why they get such a good cost, but the other reason is due to cheaper quality. This is how they turn their inventory so quick and can have aggressive prices. The same goes for The Shopping Channel. You can't put those 2 in the same boat as a Best Buy, Bay or Sears. Yes, Best Buy isn't known for selling anything else but electronics, but they operate more like The Bay and Sears than they do like Costco.

I do agree on singles quality being better than sets, but only with the high end lines.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
336 upvotes
liveinyaletownbutnotasnob wrote: Ordered a 3-piece set from The Shopping Channel about 4 years ago and of the 3 pieces, only the carry-on has stood the test of time. Largest piece had a wheel completely destroyed during its first trip and then the entire handle broke off during the second trip. Heys did not honour the warranty for the first time the wheel was destroyed even though it was done within the first year of owning it. Based on this experience, I'm reluctant to buy or recommend Heys.
Yeah, I would take this review with a grain of salt, because the other side of the story is missing. Heys are well known for their liberal warranty program. If they don't honour it, it's because of something really fishy.

I've had 4 Heys ranging from carry-ons to full size checked in luggage. One of them had the handle cracked by airport staff - likely because they jammed it against something and then tried to yank it free. Hey's replaced it no problems - I needed to show proof of purchase and travel tickets (which was optional).

Also had a spinner, and one of the wheels started to get stuck. Again, had the whole unit replaced free of charge!
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2012
1798 posts
316 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
toguy wrote: The 2-pc Heys that I bought from Costco did not even last 2 trips within the span of a year before the wheel assembly cracked and started falling apart. Granted, it was not this same set specifically, but not a good first experience. Needless to say, I ended up returning it.
Why not get the soft one then? It's even cheaper: $119, Reg $550 (save $430)
Grey: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/it- ... 92596.aspx
Prink: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/it- ... 92597.aspx
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2012
1172 posts
203 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
i heard heys is the Cadillac of luggages, never used though. i carry in sacks........
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1085 posts
632 upvotes
I have a Heys set from Costco that is about 3-4 years old, hard shell, and have had no problems at all. I travel a fair amount and beat up on my luggage and they have been fine. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them at all.
Feb 11, 2009
569 posts
147 upvotes
Got my heys from Costco 5 years ago, handle just broke but used it on roughly 20 flights a year. Would recommend.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Which is the best deal out of all of this? Does the carryon meet airline specifications?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)