Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] HOT! Koodo iPhone 8 64GB $0 Tab Medium + $200 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2019 7:49 pm
Jan 6, 2005
204 posts
162 upvotes
After porting to Lucky Mobile, how long does it take for the Koodo site to reflect that you no longer have the plan with them? Is that immediate or will it take a day to update? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1244 posts
97 upvotes
Has any one tried using their prepaid seven eleven account to port out of koodo not sure 7-11 charges any fees

Where do you buy lucky sim and what is the min amount
Nov 19, 2017
73 posts
16 upvotes
People are saying it’s best to cancel by avoiding personal interaction; other than calling, how can that be done? Can it be done online through the self portal?
Dec 19, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
The Lucky SIM at Dollarama was also $4. I only chose the Virgin SIM (as opposed to Lucky) because the Virgin one says "Bonus Dollarama Gift Card."

Not sure how porting to Lucky would work either. :( Help!
Last edited by enzoRex on Aug 17th, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 12, 2012
67 posts
31 upvotes
VANCOUVER
cdncbum12 wrote: People are saying it’s best to cancel by avoiding personal interaction; other than calling, how can that be done? Can it be done online through the self portal?
There is no way to cancel online, afaik. Either by calling in or porting out.
Nov 20, 2017
60 posts
19 upvotes
runeash wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 4:20 pm
Has any one tried using their prepaid seven eleven account to port out of koodo not sure 7-11 charges any fees

Where do you buy lucky sim and what is the min amount
I've tried from Koodo to 7-11. No extra fees.
Has anyone tried port out to Freedom mobile? Any fees? Thanks!
Aug 15, 2019
12 posts
7 upvotes
enzoRex wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 4:22 pm
The Lucky SIM at Dollarama was also $4. I only chose the Virgin SIM (as opposed to Lucky) because the Virgin one says "Bonus Dollarama Gift Card."

Not sure how porting to Lucky would work either. :( Help!
Thanks to some kind posters in this thread, I learned how to do it, super easy. When to Dollarama, bought a Lucky Mobile SIM card for $4. Followed steps on the card. Done. Super easy. It does ask you to pick a plan, but in the later steps it says pay manually- choose that option and the only thing it costs the $4 for the sim
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2747 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
LockAndKey wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 3:38 pm
Just port out your number and it'll cancel your line automatically.
so port first? how about the tab? how do i pay that off?
Jan 1, 2006
110 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Hockeystar99 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 5:02 pm
Thanks to some kind posters in this thread, I learned how to do it, super easy. When to Dollarama, bought a Lucky Mobile SIM card for $4. Followed steps on the card. Done. Super easy. It does ask you to pick a plan, but in the later steps it says pay manually- choose that option and the only thing it costs the $4 for the sim
Sweet! How quickly did you cancel upon getting your phone from Koodo... I did it a couple of hours ago (all have a self serve account now) and have the Lucky Sim card with me. Just not sure if there is some time period for this to all happen.
Sep 30, 2012
137 posts
3 upvotes
Vaughan
One more question
So the phones from koodo come unlocked ?
So I can use with Rogers ?
Jan 1, 2006
110 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Radioactivemann wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 5:28 pm
One more question
So the phones from koodo come unlocked ?
So I can use with Rogers ?
yup
Nov 19, 2017
73 posts
16 upvotes
Kurawit wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 4:32 pm
There is no way to cancel online, afaik. Either by calling in or porting out.
By porting out, I could just buy a Lucky SIM and force my number over to Lucky and then not pay anything else?
Jan 1, 2006
110 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
cdncbum12 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 5:45 pm
By porting out, I could just buy a Lucky SIM and force my number over to Lucky and then not pay anything else?
Yes
Jan 1, 2006
110 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Hockeystar99 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 7:25 pm
I read through this and the last thread. Thanks for the info! Quick question, I see most people cancel after one or 2 days, is that the required time limit or can I cancel them same day? If so, why wait the extra day?

Thanks so much!
Did you get your answer?