Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

HP 14" Laptop i5-8250U/256GB NVMe SSD/8GB - $699

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2018 12:55 pm
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
I got the laptop last Friday and after using it for a few days now I'm blown away by it. I don't think you could find a better laptop for the price. I did the Windows 10 Fresh Start immediately to get rid of the bloatware. Next move is to add another 8GB of ram like Crajy_B did and it'll be complete!
Feb 20, 2007
159 posts
30 upvotes
anovak89 wrote: I got the laptop last Friday and after using it for a few days now I'm blown away by it. I don't think you could find a better laptop for the price. I did the Windows 10 Fresh Start immediately to get rid of the bloatware. Next move is to add another 8GB of ram like Crajy_B did and it'll be complete!
Let me know if you need any help with opening it. I can give some guidance.

The other thing, I just bought a USB-C to HDMI cable and have not been able to get the usb-c to show video... :(. Anyone else try?

I really like to use my 14" + 24" + 27" all together! lol ;)
Jan 17, 2015
346 posts
395 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
anovak89 wrote: I did the Windows 10 Fresh Start immediately to get rid of the bloatware.
You have to reinstall all the drivers, right?
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
@tehhDR

That's what I originally thought, so I downloaded all of the drivers onto a usb stick before I did the fresh start.
Surprisingly though, after the fresh start was completed all of the drivers were up to date. I didn't need to re-install them. I checked all of them in the device manager. Just to be safe though I reinstalled the Intel UHD 620 driver and the realtek wireless lan drivers but they didn't change anything.
Jan 17, 2015
346 posts
395 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
Ok, yeah i thought something was weird. I checked a youtube vid to see how to Fresh Start and the guy said you have to reinstall the drivers after. So i started with the audio one (first one on the site) and then i noticed it was uninstalling it before installing it again.
Feb 20, 2007
159 posts
30 upvotes
Just a heads up that the USB-c port on this laptop does NOT support display port alt mode meaning no video can be shown through the usb-c port.

So really only option is to use an external USB 3.0 videocard/adapter.