• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 9:02 am
[OP]
Mar 17, 2017
83 posts
74 upvotes
GTA

[Best Buy] iPhone XS Open Box $1179

For those who may not already know (I just discovered) you can buy new open box iPhones direct from a Best Buy for a cool $200 discount. Unlocked from Apple is $1379.
Last edited by Dubioussyllogism on Jan 11th, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75 replies
Feb 13, 2015
805 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Would be warm if it was for around 800$
😎Thanks RFD😎
[OP]
Mar 17, 2017
83 posts
74 upvotes
GTA
Not a great deal but if someone needs an X or XS this is the cheapest I’ve found at the moment. Might be more fit for “ongoing deals”
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8142 posts
3865 upvotes
They also have a XR 64gb for $949 and 128gb for $979
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2028 posts
2025 upvotes
Living the dream
Just a word of warning to my fellow dealers of the red,

Open box deals are not always a good idea. I proposed to my girlfriend with an open box ring and she immediately dumped me. I now spend most of my time surfing through profiles on plenty of whales in the sea. The guy at walmart said it was a nice ring and he assured me that it would be a great success, but if not, I had 30 days to return it.

Another thing to keep in mind, you never really know how many times the box has been opened when you buy open box items. You should always ask the salesperson if it has been unboxed more than once. How do we know Best Buy isn't selling an open box item 4-5 times until it finally becomes a storage closet box item?

I hired a private statistical investigator aka mall security guard and after a bit of investigation I was informed that the ring had been open boxed 7 times and all 7 resulted in failed proposals.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do
Jun 1, 2018
65 posts
339 upvotes
ElHoardo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:54 am

Open box deals are not always a good idea. I proposed to my girlfriend with an open box ring and she immediately dumped me. I now spend most of my time surfing through profiles on plenty of whales in the sea. The guy at walmart said it was a nice ring and he assured me that it would be a great success, but if not, I had 30 days to return it.

Another thing to keep in mind, you never really know how many times the box has been opened when you buy open box items. You should always ask the salesperson if it has been unboxed more than once. How do we know Best Buy isn't selling an open box item 4-5 times until it finally becomes a storage closet box item?

I hired a private statistical investigator aka mall security guard and after a bit of investigation I was informed that the ring had been open boxed 7 times and all 7 resulted in failed proposals.
Bro, judging by your profile picture I would say that the ring wasn't the deal breaker
Oct 31, 2017
117 posts
105 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
I bought an xs max 64 gb for $1299 open box last week from Best Buy. Should get it Monday
Let's go Canucks
sec 320 row 4 seat 101 and 102
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1821 posts
1351 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Been a while since I've looked at iphone prices but holy crap $1,300 for a cellphone? I mean I've heard of Apple testing the waters to see how much they can push the price on thier iphones at $1000/iphone but $1,300 is crazy IMHO.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Sep 29, 2015
159 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ElHoardo wrote:

Lol.
Aug 17, 2013
332 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Dubioussyllogism wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:24 pm
For those who may not already know (I just discovered) you can buy new open box iPhones direct from a Best Buy for a cool $200 discount. Unlocked from Apple is $1379.
Not sure why you say unlocked. All phones in Canada are unlocked.
Oct 18, 2011
190 posts
57 upvotes
Regina
dont want to discuss whether an $1200 phone is a deal.
but you do save $200 if you want it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3415 posts
556 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:13 am
Been a while since I've looked at iphone prices but holy crap $1,300 for a cellphone? I mean I've heard of Apple testing the waters to see how much they can push the price on thier iphones at $1000/iphone but $1,300 is crazy IMHO.
You think $1300 is nuts? The iPhone XS Max 512 gig is 2k plus tax, so ridiculous!!!!
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1124 posts
724 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
ElHoardo wrote: