Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Jabra Elite 65T $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 8:20 am
Nov 30, 2006
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Jabra Elite 65T $169.99

Best Buy has the new Jabra elite 65t on sale for $169.99. Better than the hot deal in March for $10’more to. It’s a sweet $50 off the regular price.

I’m on the fence, I want the jabra elite active 65t as it’s margianlly more waterproof and I’ll be taking to the gym and running, but it’s not on sale so the active is $80 more - seems like a huge premium for very little more.

Anyways, link is here, enjoy!

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/jabr ... k/12321947
Thread Summary
100 replies
Feb 6, 2013
26 posts
8 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
vanhalen26 wrote: Best Buy has the new Jabra elite 65t on sale for $169.99. Better than the hot deal in March for $10’more to. It’s a sweet $50 off the regular price.

I’m on the fence, I want the jabra elite active 65t as it’s margianlly more waterproof and I’ll be taking to the gym and running, but it’s not on sale so the active is $80 more - seems like a huge premium for very little more.

Anyways, link is here, enjoy!

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/jabr ... k/12321947
I'm in the same boat lol. I really want that blue and copper one. Been waiting on it for a while now. Shouldn't be much longer. But it sure is a hard justification when this one is so much cheaper
Nov 30, 2006
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Here’s the difference between the two, I exchanged messages with Jabra:

The active has a motion sensor and a slightly higher waterproof rating really (IP56 vs IP56). Those are the main differences between the Elite 65t and the Elite Active 65t. The only other difference to note is that the Elite Active 65t is made of a very slightly softer plastic, which helps add to the small increase in water resistance. Both can handle some water and sweat, but the Active can handle a little more. I do also want to note that the Elite Active 65t is meant to be used for casual activity, such as walking or running a couple of times a week. If you are planning to workout more often, and more intensely, the best product for you would be the Jabra Elite Sport.

The Elite 65t and the Elite Active 65t have the same warranty. The warranty for both is one year from the purchase date, and both must be registered in the Sound+ app for the two year warranty to protect against dust and water damage.

For saving $80 vs the active and the differences so minor, I’m in for the less expensive elite 65T.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
vanhalen26 wrote: Here’s the difference between the two, I exchanged messages with Jabra:

The active has a motion sensor and a slightly higher waterproof rating really (IP56 vs IP56). Those are the main differences between the Elite 65t and the Elite Active 65t. The only other difference to note is that the Elite Active 65t is made of a very slightly softer plastic, which helps add to the small increase in water resistance. Both can handle some water and sweat, but the Active can handle a little more. I do also want to note that the Elite Active 65t is meant to be used for casual activity, such as walking or running a couple of times a week. If you are planning to workout more often, and more intensely, the best product for you would be the Jabra Elite Sport.

The Elite 65t and the Elite Active 65t have the same warranty. The warranty for both is one year from the purchase date, and both must be registered in the Sound+ app for the two year warranty to protect against dust and water damage.

For saving $80 vs the active and the differences so minor, I’m in for the less expensive elite 65T.
Zero delta.

Think you mean IP55 vs IP56.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1691 posts
2367 upvotes
Waterloo Region
I wonder what codecs these earphones support. Is it just SBC or does it support aptx/aptxhd, and aac?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
These are great for truly wireless headphones. I run with mine and they have never fallen off and sound quality is decent. Much better than the AirPods which only excel in their solid connection otherwise they sound like shit and don’t stay in the ear.

I’ve yet to experience these cutting out using them on a iPhone X
Dec 11, 2012
18 posts
2 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: These are great for truly wireless headphones. I run with mine and they have never fallen off and sound quality is decent. Much better than the AirPods which only excel in their solid connection otherwise they sound like shit and don’t stay in the ear.

I’ve yet to experience these cutting out using them on a iPhone X
How's the mic quality? I've used airpods and gear iconx but they were much worse than phone mic. and i don't mean for outside use, but indoors.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
memeticerror wrote: How's the mic quality? I've used airpods and gear iconx but they were much worse than phone mic. and i don't mean for outside use, but indoors.
It’s great. I haven’t had anyone complain about excessive background noise or not being able to hear me. In fact I don’t even think they know I’m on a headset.
May 12, 2011
162 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
These are overall the best true wireless IEM's in my opinion, but still far from ideal. They don't sound that great, the Bose Soundsport Free sound better but they have poor isolation. I don't think the true wireless market is mature enough for ideal options especially for the price. If you can handle wired Bluetooth IEM's then I recommend the Advanced Model 3 - they sound much better than the above and great for the gym.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hyperfluxe wrote: These are overall the best true wireless IEM's in my opinion, but still far from ideal. They don't sound that great, the Bose Soundsport Free sound better but they have poor isolation. I don't think the true wireless market is mature enough for ideal options especially for the price. If you can handle wired Bluetooth IEM's then I recommend the Advanced Model 3 - they sound much better than the above and great for the gym.
The Bose had really poor connection, the left ear would cutout constantly. Also anyone looking to buy true wireless, SQ probably isn’t the number 1 concern and if it was they’d be looking at wired headphones.

Truly wireless is definitely in the growing stage and most are crap, but these are decent for what they are and they don’t overpromise and under deliver. And at th sale price it’s great value for the money in this segment.
Dec 30, 2006
331 posts
330 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP. The reviews look quite positive and consistent. Ive put a reserve in store for a pair as they seem to be what i'm looking for but the sound quality is the area i'm hoping I can live with. But at least the price seems less risky than $200+...

Fingers crossed that although not the best, they will be pleasing enough because I can't wait to go truly wireless.

If anyone has thoughts on sound quality, please speak up before i pick these up tomorrow!
Feb 1, 2012
765 posts
427 upvotes
Montreal
I have a pair. Really like it. The quality is premium.
Pair well with iPhone and Android.

Satisfied Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 18, 2015
311 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
Just a heads up. I had a problems with these on my Essential phone. Got them in the previous deal posted on here and just sent them back today after two months of back and forth with Jabra customer service. The left ear bud would constantly lose volume and make all songs and media right side heavy. Kind of hard to explain but Jabra insisted it wasn't a hardware problem and several software updates didnt do the trick. Ive looked online but cant seem to find people with the same issue, I've seen a few people say the volume is low which was kind of what was happening. If you like listening loud, dont get these.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sherminator wrote: Just a heads up. I had a problems with these on my Essential phone. Got them in the previous deal posted on here and just sent them back today after two months of back and forth with Jabra customer service. The left ear bud would constantly lose volume and make all songs and media right side heavy. Kind of hard to explain but Jabra insisted it wasn't a hardware problem and several software updates didnt do the trick. Ive looked online but cant seem to find people with the same issue, I've seen a few people say the volume is low which was kind of what was happening. If you like listening loud, dont get these.
I use these on a iPhone X and Surface Book 2 and plays equally loud on both. Reviews are consistent on these and very rare to read up on people having issues with volume. Did you try them on a different device?
Jul 18, 2015
311 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: I use these on a iPhone X and Surface Book 2 and plays equally loud on both. Reviews are consistent on these and very rare to read up on people having issues with volume. Did you try them on a different device?
Trust me, I would have loved to keep these. I never tried them on another device because I only use them with my phone. Jabra told me "they've seen this behaviour" but update after update didnt solve it. Very frustrating and confusing so I requested a return and they allowed it.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sherminator wrote: Trust me, I would have loved to keep these. I never tried them on another device because I only use them with my phone. Jabra told me "they've seen this behaviour" but update after update didnt solve it. Very frustrating and confusing so I requested a return and they allowed it.
That's pretty good CS since you had them for a couple months. That's the issue with all this wireless shit. Everyone has their own idea on how to implement the technology.
May 12, 2018
18 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
Gangsta101 wrote: I wonder what codecs these earphones support. Is it just SBC or does it support aptx/aptxhd, and aac?
They support AAC but not the others. On Android you can toggle on HD audio in Bluetooth settings to use it.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
I don't have any problems of losing connection of one bud. Works really great, sound quality is awesome. This is the best wireless earphones I've used.
Sep 25, 2011
31 posts
3 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP! Bought one! Was actually waiting for a price drop and it finally happened Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes