Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Klipsch SW110B 200 Watt RMS Powered Subwoofer $199.99 (Save $150)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2017 4:27 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2007
1707 posts
1456 upvotes
Markham

[Best Buy] Klipsch SW110B 200 Watt RMS Powered Subwoofer $199.99 (Save $150)

On sale for $199.99 for two days only. Limited stock as the unit has been discontinued.

SPECIFICATIONS SW -110
Frequency Response 28Hz-120Hz ± 3dB
Maximum Acoustic Output 113dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1m
Amplifier Type BASH Digital Hybrid
Amplifier Power FTC Rated Power: 200 watts continuous @ <2% THD /
Dynamic Power*: 450 watts
Driver Components 10” (25.4cm) Active non-resonant Woven Fiberglass driver
Enclosure Type Bass-reflex via front-firing slot port
Inputs L/R Line-level RCA jacks, L/R High-level speaker binding
posts, WA port
Outputs None
Height 14” (35.6cm)
Width 12.5” (31.8cm)
Depth 17” (43.2cm)
Weight 35lbs (15.9kg)
Finish Black pica
Voltage 100-120V / 220-240V~50/60Hz 2A (Auto-voltage
switching) with 1 Watt standby
Export Version NA, EU, CCC
Built From 2010
17 replies
Feb 23, 2010
128 posts
162 upvotes
Any idea about how these compare to the Pioneer SW8MK2? Reviews always praise the Pioneer's, but it's hard to tell if it is because of its value.
Also, overall, how would you compare Klipsch vs Polk products?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
Good price on this 10" Klipsch subwoofer. I'm looking for a center channel and sub for a Denon AVR-S720W, also maybe additional speakers if I decide my old ones (Paradigm Phantom and Titan) are lacking.

BTW London Drugs recently put the 12" Klipsch SUB12HGB on sale at about $299.99. I have no idea if this sub is any good but they have one running in the local store, I guess a person could go in near closing time and ask for a loud demo.
https://www.londondrugs.com/klipsch-syn ... ometheatre

There is a big thread on Pioneer speakers over at AVSforum, I've been researching the low priced Andrew Jones Pioneer speaker set there and noticed frequent recommendations to just get the front, center, and surround AJ Pioneer speakers and omit the Pioneer SW8MK2 sub, probably because it's not very powerful/loud, and get something bigger. That thread is very long and I just looked at the most recent 10 pages of postings.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speake ... point.html
Jun 9, 2013
24 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
OOS in Ottawa, ordered online. Been looking to add a sub that didn't break the bank. I'll give this one a shot. Thanks OP.
Feb 3, 2007
945 posts
112 upvotes
Klipsch makes good products.

Just be careful and check the size of your room, as I discovered I needed teh 12`version.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
I went to my local BB and got one, they had 1 or 2 more in stock. They had a couple also on display in the theatre room and one was connected to their main TV system, it looked and sounded OK. I have had a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system (6.5" sub) running daily for 6 or 7 years, good sound and never any reliability issues.

My unit has the "Doorcrasher" yellow label on the box so they may have been trying to sell them during Black Friday or Boxing Day although I don't recall seeing them in store or in flyers. There is a Klipsch label on the box indicating the manufacture date might be 01/2015 !

I did not look at the box closely in the store but now think this one might have been a returned unit as the box looks slightly beat up and the tape job looks like it may have been opened and then re-taped. Might be just warehouse wear and tear, I will go back and ask about this.

=================
I'm also looking for a low-priced quality center channel speaker, I have been looking at reviews and the Pioneer SP-C22 (Andrew Jones design) gets a lot of good comments, now on Amazon.ca $108.63 free shipping. I am also looking at the Polk T30 at similar price in this BB sale. It looks like the Pioneer has better sound even though the woofers are smaller than the ones in the Polk.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
adams7 wrote: Good price on this 10" Klipsch subwoofer. I'm looking for a center channel and sub for a Denon AVR-S720W, also maybe additional speakers if I decide my old ones (Paradigm Phantom and Titan) are lacking.

BTW London Drugs recently put the 12" Klipsch SUB12HGB on sale at about $299.99. I have no idea if this sub is any good but they have one running in the local store, I guess a person could go in near closing time and ask for a loud demo.
https://www.londondrugs.com/klipsch-syn ... ometheatre

There is a big thread on Pioneer speakers over at AVSforum, I've been researching the low priced Andrew Jones Pioneer speaker set there and noticed frequent recommendations to just get the front, center, and surround AJ Pioneer speakers and omit the Pioneer SW8MK2 sub, probably because it's not very powerful/loud, and get something bigger. That thread is very long and I just looked at the most recent 10 pages of postings.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speake ... point.html
I picked up this sub used but mint over xmas for $150. Quite happy with it. I run Denon AVR-S720W, Klipsch RF-82 and RC-62 plus some old Athena rears. The sub made a big difference. My home theater is 600 sq ft, but this works for the most part. I figured I would need a second sub, but a in no rush.
Nov 26, 2004
663 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
Personally wasn't happy with the one I purchased, I returned it. Don't know if mine was defective or if its by design, the feet had a bit of dust on them so I think mine was a customer return. Build quality wasn't very good, the plug on the rear wasn't snug and would vibrate itself loose. The auto on/off sometimes didn't work. Sound pressure wise it had a lot of volume, sound quality wise - it didn't match my Monitor Audio fronts. Tried different crossover frequencies, and the Audyssey auto calibration. In both cases there was clear separation between the speakers and the subwoofer. For this reason it didn't work for music such as jazz or blues. For movies it did a better job. Much of the time it was obvious the bass was emanating from the sub, so it took away from the movie. I returned it and picked up a used Velodyne for a little more. The sound signature blends seamlessly into the rest of my setup. If you have Klipsch fronts then I suspect this would do a much better job. I say try it (for the price), but keep your receipt in case it doesn't work for your setup.

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
Strange thing I noticed about the Klipsch brand in looking for reviews. On avsforum.com (which has over a million users and long discussion threads) many people like the Klipsch regular speakers (front, centre, surround) but they definitely do not like the Klipsch subwoofers, it appears they rank Klipsch even lower than Polk. There may be a bit of equipment snobbery (most of them have expensive speakers) or groupthink there, but the people seem credible. Typically they recommend and own an excellent niche brand subwoofer but it could cost us say $800 as compared to this $200 deal.

On the other hand, reviews on amazon.com and bestbuy.com are very positive on Klipsch subs, probably many of them are more like "regular people" and not as critical about what they hear. There are 57 verified customer reviews of the SW110B on crutchfield.com and almost all are positive.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-r5dhvZLFf ... W-110.html

Crossing my fingers, will probably will try my SW110B in the next day or two.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2007
1707 posts
1456 upvotes
Markham
adams7 wrote: Strange thing I noticed about the Klipsch brand in looking for reviews. On avsforum.com (which has over a million users and long discussion threads) many people like the Klipsch regular speakers (front, centre, surround) but they definitely do not like the Klipsch subwoofers, it appears they rank Klipsch even lower than Polk. There may be a bit of equipment snobbery (most of them have expensive speakers) or groupthink there, but the people seem credible. Typically they recommend and own an excellent niche brand subwoofer but it could cost us say $800 as compared to this $200 deal.

On the other hand, reviews on amazon.com and bestbuy.com are very positive on Klipsch subs, probably many of them are more like "regular people" and not as critical about what they hear. There are 57 verified customer reviews of the SW110B on crutchfield.com and almost all are positive.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-r5dhvZLFf ... W-110.html

Crossing my fingers, will probably will try my SW110B in the next day or two.
I ended up ordering two of these myself. I think for $200, you can't find anything better in this price range. If you were buying at regular price, then sure, pay a hundred more for an Internet Direct brand for better perforamance.
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
Bought one but after trying it out I will be returning and keeping my Klipsch R10SW instead. Not sure why but the R10SW performs better even when turned up halfway vs all the way for SW110. Paid $100 more but worth it IMO.

Thanks OP either way this is a good deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22155 posts
10318 upvotes
Toronto
Speakers are a very personal choice and people should just get what they like, not what other people like. I don't have the greatest HT system but it suits my needs quite well.

Can't really go too far wrong with this sub given the price.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
i3kc wrote: I ended up ordering two of these myself. I think for $200, you can't find anything better in this price range. If you were buying at regular price, then sure, pay a hundred more for an Internet Direct brand for better perforamance.
Really it all depends on your individual distinction for sound. Half the people will hear a boomy sub and say wow that pumps loud I'll take two and a select few will pass and hear them in the store for them self.

I think its worth the time to visit the store and see the limits of the onboard amp or quality in details that meet your standards.

Continous, dynamic, max power....you get to know its all BS until you hear it.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
After installing and playing with this sub a few hours I think it's a good product at $200 and I will probably keep it, I have 30 days. It's not super powerful but for my room it has plenty of low end and volume, I doubt I will be using it very hard, it's capable of annoying the people in the next door house. I get ringing ears from even slightly loud sounds so another reason to keep the volume down.

In the BB theatre room they have 2 of these hooked up to 2 systems and the music and videos they have there does not properly demo this sub, makes it sound boomy but I think that's due to their specific music selections and setup tuning. I tested a few tracks of club EDM music and it has some punch.

I checked with BB and the sales guy said all their usual products are new but some might have been opened to check contents and then taped up, otherwise it's labelled as "open box". On closer examination of the subwoofer box the main factory tape strip on the top between the main panels was unbroken, however it looks like someone at BB just added some extra tape at the edges of the box so it wouldn't break open during warehouse handling. The sub appears factory fresh, no dust, scratches, or messy documents.

It took a bit of tinkering with my AVR and Telus PVR to get it running on some media and I will need to make more adjustments to get the best sound.. I used the "Audyssey" speaker setup software in my AVR to set up levels for the sub and other speakers. I had to use my AVR "LFE+MAIN" setting to get any sub bass on some movies and music. The auto-on seems to work, it activates the sub when low bass is detected and leaves it on until the bass goes away, it leaves the sub on at least a few minutes.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2007
1707 posts
1456 upvotes
Markham
I got one of my two subs on Friday. It also has a yellow "door crashed" sticker on it, but there was no price. I opened it up and it was brand new. As it came from the depot, I guess it could not have been a open box anyways. I set it up and compared it to the 8" Energy ESW-8 sub that I got a many few years back. I set the same crossover point, phase and placement. I used the beginning of 007 Quantum solace as a reference. The movie starts with a chase scene and then goes into the title song. At lower volumes, the Klipsh sub performed marginally better than the Energy sub as the sound was just a deeper and tighter on the Klipsh. However, once I turned the volume up to the Klipsh greatly surpassed the Energy sub. The Klipsh remained distortion free and sounded great while the Energy sub sound output couldn't keep up and sub distortion was immediately noticeable.

On paper, there shouldn't have been any comparison between the output (50 watts RMS on the Energy vs 200 watts RMS on the Klipsh). This held true in my testing. The Energy sub still makes a great music sub at low to moderate levels, but for HT, the Klipsh is a great replacement for $200. I can't wait for the second one to arrive so I can finally set up my two sub system.
Banned
Jan 3, 2017
160 posts
61 upvotes
It was a gift for a young relative. He loves it. he says it sounds amazing and most impressive is that he connected it himself. Very simple installation.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
nice but waiting for reference series

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)