[Best Buy] Lenovo Smart Clock - $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 1:10 pm
[OP]
Feb 18, 2014
586 posts
1076 upvotes

[Best Buy] Lenovo Smart Clock - $49.99

Since there was decent interest in the Lenovo Doorbuster 2 for $98 Deal last week, those that missed out might be interested to know that it is now on sale this week at Best Buy for a similar price per unit without having to buy 2.

Best Buy is advertising this price as part of their 'Early Black Friday Release' in this week's flyer so it will likely be the same price on BF (one can return/price adjust if they do drop it further on BF anyway)

Overview
Designed to live on your nightstand, the Lenovo Smart Clock with the Google Assistant has a 4" touch screen and delivers visual experiences when you need them the most. It responds to your voice or touch, so you can ask it questions and tell it to do things. Just start with “Hey Google” to set an alarm, enjoy music, check your next meeting time, control your smart home, and more.

• Wake up with hundreds of sounds and media alarms to choose from
  • Snooze by simply tapping your Smart Clock
  • GOOD MORNING ROUTINE lets you check the display and see the weather, your calendar, commute info, news, and everything else you need to know to start your day off right
  • GOOD NIGHT ROUTINE enables you to turn off the lights, lock the doors, play some relaxing music, and more, so you can unwind in the evening
  • See alarm suggestions and set it up via voice or touch
  • Dedicated USB port located behind the device lets you charge your phone
  • Single dashboard works to control your connected home, so you can control lights, the coffee maker, lock doors, or check security cameras -- the possibilities are endless
  • Supports over 10,000+ products and over 1,000 partners/brands
  • Multi-room allows you to add your Smart Clock to a speaker group and play media across multiple devices and rooms
  • Compatible with Chromecast, so you can stream your favourite shows, movies or music on your TV or speakers using only your voice

Key take away for this product is that this is a CLOCK first and smart speaker second. There is no camera (most people wouldn't want one on their nightstand anyway) and can not play youtube videos (most people wouldn't want to on a 4" screen anyway)

Last edited by shorfd on Nov 8th, 2019 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
171 replies
Aug 20, 2019
38 posts
76 upvotes
I've wanted this.....but.....IS IT FRIVOLOUS?

Bought it.
Feb 3, 2013
132 posts
83 upvotes
ALMONTE
I've had this smart clock for several months and it's like having a Google mini with a display for the time, weather, and reminders. I paid $69 back then so this is a good deal.
Images
  • IMG_20190912_172626__01.jpg
Aug 20, 2019
38 posts
76 upvotes
I was actually looking at buying a clock with a weather station recently, so for $49 it's not much more for something a little smarter. I hope this gets updates and improvements though in the future.
Mar 8, 2015
446 posts
1282 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I don't get it, Is our smartphone/tablet/laptop/TV not enough?
why do we need another screen to dictate our lives and screw up already tired eyes ?
Up vote for the deal though !
Last edited by canadianamigo13 on Nov 8th, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2012
180 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
i have a google home in my room, i don't see why this would be better besides a screen that shows the time. doesn't even mention that you can talk to it in the review
Mar 26, 2015
161 posts
430 upvotes
Montreal, QC
canadianamigo13 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 10:15 am
I don't get it, Is our smartphone/tablet/laptop/TV not enough?
why do we need another screen to dictate our lives and screw up already tired eyes ?
This smart clock is not meant for media consumption.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10065 posts
2678 upvotes
HOT deal!! - Ordered one. Thank you!!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10065 posts
2678 upvotes
Scote64 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 9:53 am
I guess Lenovo is really trying to move these!
They are hugely overpriced.

$50 is fair considering what small Echos go for.
Last edited by kool1 on Nov 8th, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2740 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Would I be able to set the alarm to a radio station like CBC?
Nov 23, 2004
93 posts
112 upvotes
Ontario
How bright is this display, or I suppose, how low can it be dimmed? My bedroom is blackout black at night and my current alarm clock has white LED digits on it. Even in the lowest setting, it still creates quite an aura of light right beside my face. Since this thing is an actual screen, would it be similar in a room that's completely blacked out? Or can it dim just low enough that I could still read the digits after my eyes adjust but that it doesn't put out much or any light aura?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1246 posts
280 upvotes
Woodbridge
thanks op! perfect for the BNB's
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3369 posts
1884 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Can the display Dim well at night for those of us rough sleepers?
Can it show weather at the same time and maybe other info?
---

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Danicodor