Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Lenovo Yoga 730 15.6" 2-in-1 Laptop (i5/256GB SSD/12GB RAM) w/ Office, 1TB External HDD & Google Home Mini ($799)

[OP]
Aug 4, 2019
46 posts
36 upvotes

[Best Buy] Lenovo Yoga 730 15.6" 2-in-1 Laptop (i5/256GB SSD/12GB RAM) w/ Office, 1TB External HDD & Google Home Mini ($799)

Here's what you'll get:
Lenovo Yoga 730 15.6" Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop (Intel Core i5-8265U/256GB SSD/12GB RAM) - English

Microsoft Office Home & Student (PC/Mac) - 1 User - English

Google Home Mini - Charcoal

Seagate Expansion 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (STEA1000400)
66 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1751 posts
637 upvotes
Montreal
Not available in Quebec :/
Dec 30, 2019
9 posts
8 upvotes
I know nothing too specific about performance of computer things, this deal any good? Performance wise, does it hold up to today standards?

Was looking for a 2 in 1 that could be average. A Little gaming, running photo editing software, streaming the Disney and old startrek cartoons, taking it to work and downloading things using their internet..you know. Average things. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1334 posts
796 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Icewindbandit wrote: I know nothing too specific about performance of computer things, this deal any good? Performance wise, does it hold up to today standards?

Was looking for a 2 in 1 that could be average. A Little gaming, running photo editing software, streaming the Disney and old startrek cartoons, taking it to work and downloading things using their internet..you know. Average things. :)
Yes, this computer is arguably overkill for everything you mentioned except photo editing and gaming
[OP]
Aug 4, 2019
46 posts
36 upvotes
Can this handle photo and video editing and gaming?
Feb 26, 2011
667 posts
611 upvotes
Calgary
Be aware that this is the Google Home Mini (1st gen) - $25 value
not the Google Next Mini (2nd gen) - $49 value

*values based on today's pricing on BestBuy.ca
Oct 14, 2017
584 posts
578 upvotes
Interesting. The GPU is 1280x768 only but the screen is 1080.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1751 posts
637 upvotes
Montreal
xtrmDeals wrote: Interesting. The GPU is 1280x768 only but the screen is 1080.
The 1280x768 is just the system requirements for MS Office.
Jul 16, 2019
113 posts
62 upvotes
SPSPSPSP wrote: Can this handle photo and video editing and gaming?
You need something with a decent graphic card for video editing and gaming UNLESS its really basic like Fortnite. Any decent game will require a graphic card. As will most decent photo editing.
Aug 25, 2019
15 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
SPSPSPSP wrote: Can this handle photo and video editing and gaming?
Icewindbandit wrote: I know nothing too specific about performance of computer things, this deal any good? Performance wise, does it hold up to today standards?

According to the specs section it only has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 graphic card, which means it can't handle heavy duty graphic-related tasks easily. But I would assume it can handle Photoshop pretty well (not extremely great, but far better than just "useable"). For video editing, it may take a lot longer, but I guess it works.

However please don't have much expectation on gaming though. If you have to, you may want to lower the resolution as it definitely can't handle 1080P gaming.

Video streaming, using Office suites, web browsing, and other daily usages should be no problem at all.
[OP]
Aug 4, 2019
46 posts
36 upvotes
twomoe wrote: According to the specs section it only has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 graphic card, which means it can't handle heavy duty graphic-related tasks easily. But I would assume it can handle Photoshop pretty well (not extremely great, but far better than just "useable"). For video editing, it may take a lot longer, but I guess it works.

However please don't have much expectation on gaming though. If you have to, you may want to lower the resolution as it definitely can't handle 1080P gaming.

Video streaming, using Office suites, web browsing, and other daily usages should be no problem at all.
Would you personal buy if it's just for steaming office and web browsing?

Is the 799 worth it?
Aug 25, 2019
15 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
SPSPSPSP wrote: Would you personal buy if it's just for steaming office and web browsing?

Is the 799 worth it?
Actually I think it worth it, I even thought about buying it for my mother. However the only problem for me is it's too heavy (7lbs) for her.
Dec 1, 2016
808 posts
767 upvotes
I would prefer a a Ryzen 3700U Processor, the Intel Graphics card sucks! Not a bad price but will pass.