• Sep 15th, 2017 8:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2577 posts
20 upvotes

[Best Buy] Logitech Circle 2 Approx $180 per camera

This is for the Logitech Circle 2 Security Cameras and possibly accessories
Trying to write this quickly at the end of the day at work. So pardon any missing details.

1) BestBuy FLYER currently has BUY ONE get 20% OFF SECOND Circle 2 camera or accessories
2) BestBuy Yonge and Dundas has 20% OFF COUPON for IN-STORE (Yonge & Dundas ONLY) or ONLINE (CODE BBYLTECH)

NOTES:
- You need to order TWO cameras OR Multiples of TWO (not sure if it works with accessories)
This is to get the first 20% OFF the second device.
- IN-STORE => You need to get the actual coupon (being given away at Dundas Square). Valid ONLY for Yonge and Dundas
- ONLINE => CODE BBYLTECH works fine online

Works out to about $180 per camera before taxes

ADDITIONAL COSTS - BE AWARE:
- Logitech Circle 2 has one of the more EXPENSIVE plans ($100 per year per camera) to UNLOCK ALL THE FEATURES.
- FREE: They give 24 hours CLOUD recording for free
- MY OPINION: Cost aside, they are one of the best cameras I have tested in terms of hardware AND software app
My Heatware
18 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19196 posts
121819 upvotes
GTA
Nice camera, but I really detest their subscription model with respect to unlocking features. It's not like it's all tied in to using more storage space on their servers for video storage or anything, it's an actual feature of the camera that they've locked. To sell it as a more basic camera and then pay a one-time fee to unlock those features is one thing, but to be paying for those features on an ongoing basis is completely another...
Dec 29, 2008
151 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga
I highly recommend the netgear arlo camera.s they support up to 7 days of free cloud storage and some of the most useful features.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1621 posts
322 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Can this camera be used with Blue Iris? I know Nest outdoor can but not sure about this one...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1621 posts
322 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
RadioDude wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:47 pm
I highly recommend the netgear arlo camera.s they support up to 7 days of free cloud storage and some of the most useful features.
Arlo is a 720p vs 1080p believe me it makes a diff when it comes to outdoor cams...
Dec 29, 2008
151 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga
TurboTronix wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:50 pm
Arlo is a 720p vs 1080p believe me it makes a diff when it comes to outdoor cams...
Arlo Q is the indoor version that supports 1080p recording. Sorry, didn't know you were looking for outdoor cameras
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1621 posts
322 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Well the Logitech Circle 2 is considered an outdoor cam (any cam can be indoor but some have the weatherproof specs)...at that price it better be :)
RadioDude wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:51 pm
Arlo Q is the indoor version that supports 1080p recording. Sorry, didn't know you were looking for outdoor cameras
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2577 posts
20 upvotes
RadioDude wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:47 pm
I tested many of the popular names for an outdoor camera.
I have tested the Arlo, Ring, Nest and Circle 2

Just to be sure the issue was not my wireless, I got an Orbi to see if there was any difference (there wasn't).

Arlo didn't record motion in time.
Price and features were great. Outside Mount was not very secure.

Nest was almost perfect but picture quality degraded once motion was detected.

Ring was perfect but also sometimes had issues with recording once motion was detected
For the Ring though I am pretty sure it was the motion sensor that was the problem.
Unfortunately also the Ring floodlight needed wires and it was awkward mounted under my porch roof. It was meant only to be mounted on a vertical surface.
I am aware of the wireless version coming out soon.
Ring beats out everyone in customer service and replacement policy.
No continuous recording with the Ring though.

Circle 2 had everything done right except for the subscription fee.
Quality and motion detection worked better than the rest
Mount is as secure as the Ring
It is versatile enough that I could redeploy it anywhere.
and MOST OF ALL was the "summary" feature.
Of all the camera's it got tiring to go through footage to find out what was detected. the Circle detected people versus cars better.
The summary feature also breezed through all the footage in a way that I could review the entire day quickly.

This is why i settled on the Circle 2. It was too annoying to go through footage with the other cameras.
Sooner or later I would have probably started ignoring alerts because it was too bothersome to browse footage.
With the Summary, I am much much much less likely to do that.
My Heatware
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2577 posts
20 upvotes
TurboTronix wrote:
Yes it does! Big time!

I bought these cameras partly to catch a plant thief.
My Heatware
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2577 posts
20 upvotes
TurboTronix wrote:
Can this camera be used with Blue Iris? I know Nest outdoor can but not sure about this one...
Sorry I am not sure
My Heatware
Jun 7, 2013
201 posts
91 upvotes
GATINEAU
Majoram wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:36 pm
I tested many of the popular names for an outdoor camera.
I have tested the Arlo, Ring, Nest and Circle 2

Just to be sure the issue was not my wireless, I got an Orbi to see if there was any difference (there wasn't).

Arlo didn't record motion in time.
Price and features were great. Outside Mount was not very secure.

Nest was almost perfect but picture quality degraded once motion was detected.

Ring was perfect but also sometimes had issues with recording once motion was detected
For the Ring though I am pretty sure it was the motion sensor that was the problem.
Unfortunately also the Ring floodlight needed wires and it was awkward mounted under my porch roof. It was meant only to be mounted on a vertical surface.
I am aware of the wireless version coming out soon.
Ring beats out everyone in customer service and replacement policy.
No continuous recording with the Ring though.

Circle 2 had everything done right except for the subscription fee.
Quality and motion detection worked better than the rest
Mount is as secure as the Ring
It is versatile enough that I could redeploy it anywhere.
and MOST OF ALL was the "summary" feature.
Of all the camera's it got tiring to go through footage to find out what was detected. the Circle detected people versus cars better.
The summary feature also breezed through all the footage in a way that I could review the entire day quickly.

This is why i settled on the Circle 2. It was too annoying to go through footage with the other cameras.
Sooner or later I would have probably started ignoring alerts because it was too bothersome to browse footage.
With the Summary, I am much much much less likely to do that.
Did you try the wireless or just wired? Any issues?
May 13, 2011
606 posts
208 upvotes
Ajax
TurboTronix wrote:
Arlo also has batteries which will require changing and purchasing. Just something to think about in terms of long term costs.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1588 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Not the hottest reviews on the Best Buy site.
We do case reviews. Period.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2577 posts
20 upvotes
TechJunk wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:32 am
Did you try the wireless or just wired? Any issues?
All the cameras I tested were via Wireless.
The Arlo had a Base Station and that was connected via a LAN cable.
This is one of the limitations that I didn't like about the Arlo.
With multiple cameras, they both needed a good signal from the base. Signal quality was all tied to the base.
covabwoy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:37 am
Arlo also has batteries which will require changing and purchasing. Just something to think about in terms of long term costs.
The batteries on the Arlo had no issues and is one of it's more positive features.
Fast charge and I had them for a couple weeks 24x7 and it barely used any power.
vtse wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:55 am
Not the hottest reviews on the Best Buy site.
Anything in particular that was noted? I can only imagine the bad reviews being about the subscription fee.
Literally the biggest problem I had was pressing the reset button on one the cameras because I had some issues adding it to the app.
My Heatware
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1588 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Majoram wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:21 pm
Anything in particular that was noted? I can only imagine the bad reviews being about the subscription fee.
Literally the biggest problem I had was pressing the reset button on one the cameras because I had some issues adding it to the app.
Link to product page.

Reviews posted (all 1 star reviews):
A terrible experience

I have had this product for more than 2 weeks now. It still does not work properly despite my best efforts. For most of the two weeks that I have owned this product I have only been able to get less than 24 hours of battery life from the camera. It was only when I moved the wireless router to within five feet of the camera that I started getting decent battery life. Now the camera only produces all white video when it detects any motion. The camera still works in live view, however, but it can take up to a minute to connect. Also, the camera goes dead every three or four days. Despite being advertised as a 1080p camera it only works at 720p when and wire free mode. I have lost quite a bit of trust in the Logitech brand.
disappoint with product

Have same problem as above reviews. 4 cameras offldine one by one after one day..
One of the buggiest pieces of tech I own...

- disconnects all the time, suggesting a poor network connection (hint: it's 5 feet away from the router, which has multiple antennas and multiple bands) - not notifying me that there is movement on every occasion - not saving custom settings through the official app (tried to record 30 seconds at a time, will revert back to 10 seconds max in the settings) - battery is draining very quickly so far! (5% per hour) - no way to switch to 1080p! It's only allowing me to use 720p... - 10-15 seconds delay between request for a live feed and the actual feed. And the feed is constantly delayed, which means that it doesn't actually broadcasts live at all - firmware is the latest (5.2.76...) I will keep it for a few days, but will likely return it as it is by far the worst piece of tech I've ever owned.
Don't buy this camera!!!!!!

I installed and tested two Circle 2 cameras and a TP-Link Pan/Tilt camera at a house that is a 6 hour drive from my own home. Everything looked fine before I left the remote location. Once I got home, however, one of the Circle 2 is showing off-line. It is within 10 feet of the WiFi router, was fully charged as of the same day, and the internet connection is fine because the TP-Link and second Circle 2 are accessible. All suggested solutions involve resetting the camera. Great, what's the purpose of a security camera if you have to stay nearby and babysit it? I would give it 0 stars, but that doesn't seem to work.
Issues from the start

Setup in minutes, connected to wifi no problem. I wanted to make sure that I fully tested them inside before mounting outside. As expected this was too good to be true. I have Nest Outdoor cam, and have used that for a year and know what to expect. This one however takes almost a minute or longer to connect to the live view. So if you want to see what is going on, you have to hope that a minute is ok before you can connect to the live feed. As well, some of the video is very dimly lit (not viewable). I love the Circle2's idea that it gives you a one day snapshot, and all the features on being wire-free, however this isn't ready for prime time right now. I'm willing to say that they may fix these issues soon enough, but right now I cannot put down the money on this solution when it is half baked. I may try the wired solution as I hear that these issues don't exist on those units. Battery is great, but it wont work as well as wired. Right now there is a lot of discussion on the Logitech communities boards about these issues, however there is no end in sight right now when they will be fixed. Before you purchase, make sure these issues are taken care of!
Offline and Cannot Connect Issues

I did some research and was convinced that the Circle 2 would be the best device for me. I bought this product on Aug 12, after about 4 hours I still cannot get the camera to work properly. I have a good wifi connection and downloaded the app on the Google Play store. I kept getting camera is offline messages and cannot connect with the damn camera. I finally went on the Logitech support website and find out there are a bunch of other people having the same problem. Logitech support is not responding to the many comment on their site and seems like there is no solution. I highly recommend not buying this product, it is a waste of time and money!!! I am returning it tomorrow. Thank goodness, bestbuy has a 30 day return policy.
We do case reviews. Period.