• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2017 9:34 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
195 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard $99.99

This is the RGB mechanical gaming keyboard that I use for my PC and it's solid for 100 dollars.

FYI, "2.5% Cash Back on Computer Speakers, Mice & Keyboards, and Webcams", ebates
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6944 posts
1101 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Looks like the lowest price it's ever been
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1394 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
Not a big fan of the Romer G keys, but good price for RGB keyboard tho.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7148 posts
7811 upvotes
GT-EH
Good deal... I bought this last year at the same price via amazon between black friday - boxing week.

RomerG switches will feel like browns /w o-rings.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Jan 6, 2009
106 posts
4 upvotes
i have this keyboard, pretty happy with it

i like the minimal design, the switches, the volume control

i might even buy another
Sep 3, 2016
36 posts
1 upvote
Ontario, Canada
Looking to pick this up as my first mechanical keyboard, although needing something that is relatively quiet and not clicky.

Would this fit the bill?
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
195 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
jtm024 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 5:58 pm
Looking to pick this up as my first mechanical keyboard, although needing something that is relatively quiet and not clicky.

Would this fit the bill?
I bought a razor mechanical keyboard last Christmas but I returned it because it’s too loud. This one is just right for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1636 posts
140 upvotes
I hope Logitech keyboard doesn't have the same issue as their gaming mice. All Logitech mice I ever owned does the double click issue .
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1167 posts
340 upvotes
Whitby
Phat_cow wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 6:12 pm
I hope Logitech keyboard doesn't have the same issue as their gaming mice. All Logitech mice I ever owned does the double click issue .
I've owned my G5 for 10 years now; it's never given me a problem.
Jun 18, 2011
142 posts
54 upvotes
TORONTO
I got this keyboard when it was on sale for the same price about a month or two ago. I really like the fact that the light only comes out of the center of the keys. I hate the keyboards where the light bleeds through under the key. When staring from above it's not that bad but when staring from the sides it's like looking directly at a multicolored led strip.

This keyboard does have a ping though. Google it. It's an echo that may be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I was seriously contemplating returning this keyboard. I just couldn't find anything else as aesthetically pleasing as this one. Decided to keep it and I guess I have gotten used to the noise.

These are the new and improved romer-g keys. Logitech changed their design after all the poor feedback on their slanted concave keys. The new keys are more smooth and feel a lot like traditional keys.

If you care about aesthetics this is one of the nicest rgb keyboards out there and I would highly recommend it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9100 posts
776 upvotes
Have this keyboard at work. Love it. Can type for 8 hrs straight....
Jan 28, 2013
214 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
My main keyboard is a brown switch Filco Majestouch.

I purchased this model for the office and I had to return it. The Romer-G switches feel mushy. If you have never used a mechanical keyboard then you wouldn't know the difference, and that's okay! This will be a huge step up regardless.

For $100 it's a steal if you're okay with how the switches feel. Keep in mind since Romer-G is Logitech's proprietary technology, you cannot buy custom keycaps elsewhere (in the case they wear out or break).

EDIT: I eventually got the Logi G610 with red switches for the office.
Feb 11, 2010
62 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
thanks OP, got one and love the keyboard. Very comfortable to type.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4235 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this KB since July.

Upgraded from my SteelSeries 6Gv2 with Cherry Black switches and the Romer-G switches do feel a bit mushy compared to Cherry Black and Brown switches I've used in the past but I've grown used to them and enjoy typing on the Romer-G switches. I found with my old SteelSeries and Corsair K70 and Cherry switches, you had to hit the key directly in the centre of the cap or sometimes you will mistype or the keystroke wouldn't register.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'11 Rome 390 Boss Black
'08 K2 T1