531 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough

[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony Smart Control $90 / Companion Remote Control $150

$ 90 Logitech Harmony Smart Control:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... 21695.aspx

$150 Logitech Harmony Companion Remote Control:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... 20958.aspx

Lowest price I believe was $80 back on BF/boxing day.

Spec sheet:
https://img.bbystatic.com/BestBuy_US/st ... arison.pdf

The cheaper one is the older version without the additional smart control buttons. Besides that, it's essentially the same. This can be used with Amazon Echo to automate your TV/receiver/game systems/WiFi lights. I'm using it to control my devices and my Philips Hue as well.
43 replies
Jan 22, 2003
239 posts
141 upvotes
Thx OP. Just bought the $90 on amazon this past week for $130. Will be returning it now and saving some $$$
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2366 posts
537 upvotes
Belle River
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility
For lights, they list LIFX, Lutron, and Philips Hue. Are those the only brands of lights this can control? Does the Logitech app have an "away" mode that will turn lights on/off randomly?

There's a larger list of lights at the bottom but I'm pretty sure those require the "extender" that adds Zigbee/Z-Wave.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2765 upvotes
hystavito wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 2:52 pm
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility
For lights, they list LIFX, Lutron, and Philips Hue. Are those the only brands of lights this can control? Does the Logitech app have an "away" mode that will turn lights on/off randomly?

There's a larger list of lights at the bottom but I'm pretty sure those require the "extender" that adds Zigbee/Z-Wave.
So the $150 model does not include the Zigbee/Z-Wave bridge? What exactly makes it worth an extra $60 then?
Dec 22, 2001
768 posts
122 upvotes
I have both.. Its really just a different (although IMHO better) keypad layout. Newegg had refurbs a few weeks ago for $80-90. I'm waiting for that. The zwave extender is a separate add on
Nov 26, 2004
537 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
How would this work with my existing SmartThings hub (which includes zwave/zigbee)... would have to buy the add on and get rid of SmartThings?

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2949 posts
369 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone figure out how to use Google home app with two of these ? I don't want to add separate email address
Aug 15, 2017
49 posts
39 upvotes
dreaderus wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 5:40 pm
Anyone figure out how to use Google home app with two of these ? I don't want to add separate email address
Can't be done, unfortunately. I'm anxiously awaiting the ability to add a second hub to my account, but it's not available yet. It's bizarre how it's been managed in the first place - I'm not sure why it's integrated to a voice account. Why the google homes don't automatically find and identify hubs on their own network is beyond me, and they should be nameable for individual control (like Lutron lights).

Hopefully they get this one figured out.
Apr 2, 2009
237 posts
211 upvotes
vancouver
Thanks OP! Bought 1, been waiting for this model to go on sale - the extra smart buttons are nice but not worth the extra $$ to me.
NO CARRIER wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 5:16 pm
How would this work with my existing SmartThings hub (which includes zwave/zigbee)... would have to buy the add on and get rid of SmartThings?

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
ST is a bit funny with the hub - use the harmony app to set "Activities" and ST can import them through the ST app. Usage is limited to what you program as an activity and ST can turn on/off each routine. I think there's ways to control other "remote control" functions like volume etc but involves some programming.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Apr 2, 2009
237 posts
211 upvotes
vancouver
dreaderus wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 5:40 pm
You can add multiple hubs if you use a SmartThings hub. I've got 2 (soon to be 3) connected.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1193 posts
361 upvotes
Can I turn on my Samsung smart tv with voice if I had this with Alexa ? What about play Netflix ? Start ps4?

Been wanting to do those since I got an Alexa
Apr 15, 2014
718 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto, ON
series1000 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 8:53 pm
Can I turn on my Samsung smart tv with voice if I had this with Alexa ? What about play Netflix ? Start ps4?

Been wanting to do those since I got an Alexa
I can do it with google home. Not sure if Alexa works to but prob.
Please respond
Dec 26, 2012
100 posts
82 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Will this work on ip tv and Android box?
Dec 8, 2008
966 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal, QC
binny08 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 9:03 pm
Will this work on ip tv and Android box?
It could turn on TV/Android box and set the correct inputs but unlike OTA or some cable boxes you won't have your IPTV channels as favourites. (since I'm assuming you have Kodi or some Android TV app that's not supported by default Harmony) You can use the harmony to control the Android box tho
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2949 posts
369 upvotes
Mississauga
baudfather wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 7:31 pm
You can add multiple hubs if you use a SmartThings hub. I've got 2 (soon to be 3) connected.
How does it work. I have a sengled Hub now for lights plus 2 harmony hubs on two separate tv's.