Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub $79.95 lower than BF today only

31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
Great deal! I have 3 harmony ultimate homes and 1 elite remote. I was currently only using 2 of the ultimate homes after replacing one of them with the elite. I've been trying to find a way to automate my dyson fan. The dyson fan needs to switched on manually with the remote or the button on the unit, so using a smart plug wouldn't work. I found a pretty neat solution using the extra harmony hub I was no longer using. I use it solely to control the fan with an activity set to turn it on and activate the oscillating function. I had always had it set to be controlled with the remote I use in the bedroom, but the harmony API only exposes activities to integrate into 3rd party automation. Now I use smartthings to read the temp from my motion sensor in the bedroom and turn on the fan on a specified temperature during the night only. I needed the 2nd hub, because switching the "dyson activity" would turn off any other activities, so I didn't want it to turn off the TV/Shield/etc when the fan temp was triggered. By using the dedicated hub to achieve this, I've been able to automate the fan to any set of rules I desire. Obviously this isn't the perfect or most economic solution, but it works great since I had an extra hub not being used. I've been using harmony remotes for 20 years or so now, and they are very flexible and and can do so much more than advertised...
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1432 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto
mcmax20 wrote: Amazon one doesn’t come with the hub
incorrect! The picture might not show the the hub BUT the description clearly says “Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices ....”
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mcfrugal wrote: incorrect! The picture might not show the the hub BUT the description clearly says “Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices ....”
also one of the answer to a question said both the remote and the hub
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
hub works great but u need line of site with remote, integrates well with nvidia shield and google voice and alexa powering ON and off the shield or apple 4k box!, prolly need to turn on hdmi CEC in your tv settings, i use the harmony remote to control the nvidia shield, good for pressing channel numbers on iptv apps

the more xpensive ELITE 300$ version has a touchscreen remote?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
mikka2017 wrote: the more xpensive ELITE 300$ version has a touchscreen remote?
Yes it does, and also dedicated home automation hard buttons not available on previous remotes.
Apr 26, 2019
580 posts
748 upvotes
rhinos wrote: No, it does not.
How is this unclear when it says it does right in the description?

PS - it does.
Jan 6, 2008
368 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
rhinos wrote: No, it does not.
Description from Amazon: “Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360”.
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
Is it possible to put one in the bedroom and one in the family room and control with Google Home (e.g. turn on/off bedroom tv)? I remember looking at the Harmony remotes a little while back and recall that it wasn't possible to have multiple Harmony home hubs controllable by Google Home. Has that been fixed?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3348 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: hub works great but u need line of site with remote
Nothing needs line of sight with this remote. It is a proprietary RF remote that uses a tiny battery to send tiny signals to the black box it comes with. That box then does all the work. It has IR transmitter and receiver in it. It has an external IR blaster. Only IR needs line of site.

This is an excellent product and I bought a spare to keep in storage for when my other ones start to fall apart. I prefer this older version of the remote to the newer one that has the "smart home" buttons for turning on and off smart plugs etc. I assume this older version that I like more is discontinued.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
audiohs wrote: Is it possible to put one in the bedroom and one in the family room and control with Google Home (e.g. turn on/off bedroom tv)? I remember looking at the Harmony remotes a little while back and recall that it wasn't possible to have multiple Harmony home hubs controllable by Google Home. Has that been fixed?
Unfortunately you can only link one harmony hub to your google home... I also wish they could fix this.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
2176 posts
383 upvotes
Couple people say they got the old version in Amazon review section:

JD
1.0 out of 5 starsCaution: Incorrect Product
October 30, 2018
Style Name: NewVerified Purchase
As other reviewer mention, I too received the older version without smart home control. (was sold by Deals24n7 seller). No wonder why it was priced less than new version. Misleading pictures, be careful.

I have new version also, in the picture, the remote on right is the new version (which I already have), the one on the left is which I received. You can see it's missing the smart home buttons row.

Jayson
1.0 out of 5 starsIncorrect product
September 18, 2018
Style Name: NewVerified Purchase
I did not receive what you advertise & picture, which is the Smart Control (915-000194) remote with the home automation/lighting buttons. Instead, I received the old remote with the play/pause functions in that place.
Apr 26, 2015
30 posts
1 upvote
London, ON
Is the price difference worth getting the newer model with the smart light integration? As someone with Hue lights, I feel as though being able to control them on the remote is a huge plus
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nitrus34 wrote: Is the price difference worth getting the newer model with the smart light integration? As someone with Hue lights, I feel as though being able to control them on the remote is a huge plus
It only works to few smart light
Apr 26, 2019
580 posts
748 upvotes
nitrus34 wrote: Is the price difference worth getting the newer model with the smart light integration? As someone with Hue lights, I feel as though being able to control them on the remote is a huge plus
I actually prefer the older model. It doesn't have the smart buttons, but I believe it has a nicer piano black finish which I really like.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
I do like the automation buttons on my Elite remote. I have them set to trigger hue scenes and to turn on my fireplace that I've automated using a smart plug and a relay....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)