Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Magellan RoadMate 5" Dashcam Navigator $150 (Reg $250)

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2016 3:44 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2013
1395 posts
7214 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

[Best Buy] Magellan RoadMate 5" Dashcam Navigator $150 (Reg $250)

Koodo - Zoomer Mobile - Tangerine - Voip.ms
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
Reviews look hit and miss. I'm in the market for a new GPS and the dashcam feature has nice to have.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5556 upvotes
Toronto
I was debating on getting the Garmin nuvi 2589, the dashcam feature is neat but I wonder how it would compare to a dashcam by itself. Dashcams aren't all that expansive anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3866 posts
5373 upvotes
Oakville
I need to buy a GPS as well, what's the ideal Nuvi greater than 5", and with all the bells and whistles?
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1992 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
i am thinking of getting this but the review is a hit and miss.... price looks good compared to US prices
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1846 posts
451 upvotes
Brampton
Bought one and video is not clear? Like I can't read the license plate and it's not crystal clear?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
tester85 wrote: Bought one and video is not clear? Like I can't read the license plate and it's not crystal clear?
Dang that sucks. I was eyeing this
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3866 posts
5373 upvotes
Oakville
I can't tell whether you never learned how to use Question Marks, or if you're just confused about life in general.

Very few dash cams can get the license plate, and even then it's when you're less than 10m behind, and well lit area, with no rain.

tester85 wrote: Bought one and video is not clear? Like I can't read the license plate and it's not crystal clear?
<br />
<br />
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
2366 posts
398 upvotes
Edmonton
zdpz wrote: I can't tell whether you never learned how to use Question Marks, or if you're just confused about life in general.
Very few dash cams can get the license plate, and even then it's when you're less than 10m behind, and well lit area, with no rain.
I'm giving you both thumbs up for amusement value. One for overuse of the question mark and one for underuse. :D
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2637 posts
1353 upvotes
Orleans, ON
i like the reply above. Thanks for the laugh.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1065 posts
543 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
I'm not much of a GPS user, but instead of buying a dedicated GPS, couldn't you just use your phone? Google maps always gets me to where I need to go :/
*Determination.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1846 posts
451 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks for asking, but I'm doing much better.

My friend has a dash cam and his seems much clear. Not sure if lense installed is cheap quality?

zdpz wrote: I can't tell whether you never learned how to use Question Marks, or if you're just confused about life in general.

<br />
<br />
Dec 10, 2006
197 posts
134 upvotes
North York
tester85 wrote: Thanks for asking, but I'm doing much better.

My friend has a dash cam and his seems much clear. Not sure if lense installed is cheap quality?
The Magellan site gives very little data, but it does state that the camera is 1280x720 (ie. 720p), whereas any decent dashcam these days would be full 1080p at least. So that alone will be a difference. Without knowing what particular sensor/chipset combo Magellan used (but we can make a fair guess it's not top end), it wouldn't be possible to compare further. But suffice it to say any standalone NTK96650 or Ambarella based dashcam will be better.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8178 posts
9535 upvotes
Vancouver
Dark_fantom wrote: I'm not much of a GPS user, but instead of buying a dedicated GPS, couldn't you just use your phone? Google maps always gets me to where I need to go :/
You're not much of a GPS user. :)

Ron.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1567 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville
newfbc wrote: You're not much of a GPS user. :)

Ron.
Well, I'm as well I guess.
I'm using car GPS for 10+ years up till now.
And I'm pretty sure that days of standalone car GPS units - have passed away. Unfortunately.
There is no sense to purchase one these days. Cheap smartphone or tablet - can do much more for same (or lesser) money. And if smartphone/tablet is already available - voila... :lol:

Of course, I'm not talking about tourist/fishing/... "protected" GPS units, because smartphones are kinda usable there... but not really... yet. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2995 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
finally, the combined device comes out.
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;
Jun 19, 2006
50 posts
4 upvotes
smart rich ottb; most people would think use smartphone for direction; but not the dashcam; wonder why; thanks!
Banned
May 9, 2015
226 posts
298 upvotes
Guelph, ON
dingho wrote: smart rich ottb; most people would think use smartphone for direction; but not the dashcam; wonder why; thanks!
This thread is over a year old! Why the unnecessary bump!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)