Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Major Appliances Sale - Take 25% off - 8 hours only!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2015 4:59 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
I was able to get a washer dryer set PM'd with FS when they did a weekend online sale. The set ended up being below cost after I got it price-matched in store. Best time to shop for appliances is when the manufacturers are paying the retailers to heavily discount merchandise since they then can sell below cost and bundle lots of items up to move stock. Not sure if Best Buy does VIP events, but that would be a time to keep an eye on appliance/electronics pricing.
Dec 10, 2013
416 posts
164 upvotes
KITCHENER
Jeenyus1 wrote: There is no law that prevents retailers (U.S & Canada) from increasing normal prices just prior to a "sale". It's standard practice from all retailers to try to drum up sales based on how these perceived discounts encourage consumers to spend while maintaining their margins.

The only thing we can do as consumers is to voice our opinions directly to the retailers at this point or to share these "dirty sales practices".
no pretty sure its something they can get in trouble for..

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/ ... 00522.html

Unless you think a $10,000,000 fine is nothing
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5684 posts
2251 upvotes
Thornhill
surrealillusion wrote: Not sure if Best Buy does VIP events, but that would be a time to keep an eye on appliance/electronics pricing.
There is an unadvertised VIP sale at The Brick once a year for 24 hours (in the summer, usually around September). I believe it's 20% off everything.

Just walk into a store that's close to you and speak to a Sales Rep, shoot the sh*t with him/her and ask them to put you into their personal contact list and let them know you want to be made aware of this VIP sale when it does happen. They're obviously on commission so let them know they'll be 'your' guy for this sale. It's a win-win situation.
Nov 11, 2006
182 posts
76 upvotes
plsavaria wrote: Don't forget that you can have Home Depot price match any sales and they'll reduce the price by another 10%.
Also Home Depot shipping fees are usually cheaper than BB.
Yes , but sales was to quick yesterday , and Bestbuy shipping was also free.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
How do u get save the tax
Dec 9, 2006
362 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
Looking to buy a dishwasher. Any recommendations
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
Bestbuy's website is so incredibly slow
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2727 posts
419 upvotes
Nepean
Lol... the fridge I was looking at a few hours before the "sale" was $1499 regular price at Best Buy and all other retailers. Best buy now has it for $1650 all of a sudden. I still save money but wow ridiculously underhanded.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Almost stayed up all night to decide which washer/dryer to buy... hope i made the good choice. At least the price for them wasn't jacked up, so the 25% is quite a steal... (aside from not buying new anyway).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
so are they gonna do the 25% off every night, and change it to save on taxes during the day?
hmm?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
adsl17910 wrote: A LG washer, and it seems BB increased the prices of some models of washers yesterday.
No surprise there.

Who impulse-buys major appliances anyway? BB will be hoping to cash in on the delivery charges.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Some models price were jacked up, but a lot weren't. Not that hard to google the model to compare price with other stores. The washer dryer I ordered was priced at same or lower than other stores, then add the 25% off... Pretty good deal.

BB probably trying to clear FS old inventory.
Dec 10, 2013
416 posts
164 upvotes
KITCHENER
boyohboy wrote: Some models price were jacked up, but a lot weren't. Not that hard to google the model to compare price with other stores. The washer dryer I ordered was priced at same or lower than other stores, then add the 25% off... Pretty good deal.

You can always get a price beat and get the 25% off that... so in essence if the consumer looks around, best buy is screwing themselves by jacking prices (ontop of it being an illegal activity)
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
mconnelly wrote: You can always get a price beat and get the 25% off that... so in essence if the consumer looks around, best buy is screwing themselves by jacking prices (ontop of it being an illegal activity)
Wrong, you cannot get a price beat with this online promo and get an additional 25% on top of that because the online BB CSR makes the price difference adjustment only AFTER you submit your online order that would already includes the 25% discount.
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: Some models price were jacked up, but a lot weren't. Not that hard to google the model to compare price with other stores. The washer dryer I ordered was priced at same or lower than other stores, then add the 25% off... Pretty good deal.

Yeah you are probably right but the retailer price wars in the appliances usually begin in the spring well before the summer moving season here in Quebec.
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
BB Delivery charges were minimal, and by that I mean a couple of dollars only.