Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Marantz SR7008 A/V Receiver $799 New

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2015 9:32 am
Tags:
Jul 7, 2006
68 posts
78 upvotes

[Best Buy] Marantz SR7008 A/V Receiver $799 New

BestBuy has dropped it to $799 during their flash sale:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/mar ... 15ae83en02

Brand new with 3 year warranty unlike Gibby's "B Stock" offerings.
73 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1606 posts
471 upvotes
Much appreciated. grabbed this for $999 2 weeks back.. that ones going back :)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
Originally ordered for $999 from FS and had returned...but at $799 couldnt resist because it's the same price as a refurb from gibby's for the same model if you check RFD history. Use a credit card that extends the warranty, and you are all set.

Only missing Dolby ATMOS and the new generation HDMI, neither of which have taken off yet nor will they in the next 2 years.

Alas, that can be said about purchasing any technology.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Mar 5, 2004
242 posts
13 upvotes
Oakville
No Bluetooth, without purchasing a separate adaptor, kills the deal for me.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Doesn't clean the dishes and take out the dog, kills the deal for me.
Dec 27, 2009
530 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, picked one up. Haven't been a fan of the "porthole" design on the front fascia but it'll be behind a smoked glass door anyway. Should keep me going for a few years before I do a full upgrade on everything. Looking forward to trying the front height and wide speakers.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
I wish I could sneak this past the wife :(
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
The English Hacker wrote: I'm doing the same thing...after pulling the trigger.
Good luck,
Make sure to clear your history and unsave your rfd password hahaha
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3481 posts
1772 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: I wish I could sneak this past the wife :(
Seriously!! Just picked up a new set of speakers and picking up my SVS sub tomorrow. I think my Sony STR 1040 will do for now, it's got Bluetooth, airplay and Wi-Fi and the interface is great. Sound is also warm, similar to a Marantz or HK.

This is still an excellent deal for anyone needing a receiver. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1154 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone talk me out of this?

I was going to bite at $999, now it's tempting not me again. This price seems too good to pass up.

I'm looking to upgrade my HT setup in the next year, starting with a receiver that has phono to run my record player. My current speaker setup is weak (Polk 5.1 RM75BD), but that will be next on my list.

Will his receiver give me 5-7 years (easily)? Am I selling myself short by buying now (at this price point) rather than waiting a year?

Am I able to run two zones from this receiver simultaneously? Ideally, I'd connect two TVs to this (one full HT, one lone TV).

Thanks.
lenny = white
carl = black
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
Jeroyds wrote: Can anyone talk me out of this?

I was going to bite at $999, now it's tempting not me again. This price seems too good to pass up.

I'm looking to upgrade my HT setup in the next year, starting with a receiver that has phono to run my record player. My current speaker setup is weak (Polk 5.1 RM75BD), but that will be next on my list.

Will his receiver give me 5-7 years (easily)? Am I selling myself short by buying now (at this price point) rather than waiting a year?

Am I able to run two zones from this receiver simultaneously? Ideally, I'd connect two TVs to this (one full HT, one lone TV).

Thanks.
Actually, speakers should be first on your list, biggest difference :) I would also buy one with Atmos if you are planning for 5-7 years... biggest innovation in home theater since 5.1

I wish I could buy a complete 5 speaker set of the Kef LS50's... one day

[IMG]http://www.kef.com/uploads/images/en/ls ... y/in_5.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1154 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
skinnydoggy wrote: Actually, speakers should be first on your list, biggest difference :)

I wish I could buy a complete 5 speaker set of the Kef LS50's... one day
Thanks for your response. You're right, but I don't mind piecing together a new HT system at these great price points!

I really need a receiver with a phono input to hook-up my record player and this one seems to fit all of my requirements. I'm just worried that I'm not aware of (or might be missing out) on some new technology that's right down the pipeline. I understand this is always the case, but I'd like to get a good 5-10 years out of this.
lenny = white
carl = black
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
Also, keep in mind:

Quoted from comments on this page: http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Buyer ... vers.shtml

Next month, DTS will unveil details of their new immersive sound format, DTS:X. We're hoping it will be compatible with Dolby Atmos and AURO-3D in its speaker configurations. I would says a year or two would be a great time to buy a new receiver as it's likely the cost of entry will come down and we may see affordable receivers that include all three immersive sound formats.

Looks like DTS:X will be unveiled April 9th... Maybe we wont need new receivers?

Personally, I say wait
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2007
2866 posts
2201 upvotes
Ottawa
Jeroyds wrote: Can anyone talk me out of this?

Thanks.
If you are going to upgrade next year, that means you won't need it right away, I'd suggest you wait for the SR7009 on sales next year, I believe it will have the same clearance sale for SR7009 next year when next new model comes out. SR7009 has WIFI, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, and a more powerful amplifier (165 watts per channel vs 125 watts in SR7008). SR7009 is more future proof for the next 5-7 years that you are looking for. The SR7008 is a good price though if you want it now and don't plan to have Dolby Atmos, and don't mind it missing WIFI and Bluetooth.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/mar ... 1557d6en02
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1127 posts
218 upvotes
alwaysbuylow wrote: If you are going to upgrade next year, that means you won't need it right away, I'd suggest you wait for the SR7009 on sales next year, I believe it will have the same clearance sale for SR7009 next year when next new model comes out. SR7009 has WIFI, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, and a more powerful amplifier (165 watts per channel vs 125 watts in SR7008). SR7009 is more future proof for the next 5-7 years that you are looking for. The SR7008 is a good price though if you want it now and don't plan to have Dolby Atmos, and don't mind it missing WIFI and Bluetooth.
Thanks for the info I will wait since I usually need more POWER.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
You are spreading false information.

SR7009 and SR7008 have the same power at 125 Watts per channel at 8ohms, or 165 watts per channel at 6 ohms. You seem to be comparing the power rating of one at 6 ohms vs the other at 8ohms. They are identical in this regard.
alwaysbuylow wrote: If you are going to upgrade next year, that means you won't need it right away, I'd suggest you wait for the SR7009 on sales next year, I believe it will have the same clearance sale for SR7009 next year when next new model comes out. SR7009 has WIFI, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, and a more powerful amplifier (165 watts per channel vs 125 watts in SR7008). SR7009 is more future proof for the next 5-7 years that you are looking for. The SR7008 is a good price though if you want it now and don't plan to have Dolby Atmos, and don't mind it missing WIFI and Bluetooth.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jan 26, 2011
315 posts
263 upvotes
Belleville
Thanks OP, amazing deal! Was gonna jump for 999 but at 799 its a no-brainer!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)