Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Marantz SR7013 9.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver - 1249.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 7:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
1401 posts
1238 upvotes
EDMONTON
Ugh... What do you guys think of the Denon AVR-X3500H for $700 right now?

I am having some trouble with my subs in my 2.2 setup with LS50s and dual SB-2000's. I'm using an old Harman Kardon AVR 147 which has a nice warm sound, better for music than most Denon preamps. But the bass is a bit boomy and I can't seem to get it under control without just lowering it. Need some room correction.

I know the bass will sound a lot better with a Denon like this and Audyssey MultiEQ 32XT, I'm just having a tough time buying a pimped out HT receiver for music. Plus the last Denon I bought bricked on me in less than a year and Denon refused to service it unless I shipped it to and from the US at my cost, which would have been more than the value of the unit. That pissed me right off and I swore after that that I would stick to Yamahas as they have been rock solid. For home theatre at least. But YPAO doesn't seem to do as good with sub eq...
20190812_200809.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3408 posts
942 upvotes
Blubbs wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:52 pm

I am having some trouble with my subs in my 2.2 setup with LS50s and dual SB-2000's. I'm using an old Harman Kardon AVR 147 which has a nice warm sound, better for music than most Denon preamps. But the bass is a bit boomy and I can't seem to get it under control without just lowering it. Need some room correction.

I know the bass will sound a lot better with a Denon like this and Audyssey MultiEQ 32XT, I'm just having a tough time buying a pimped out HT receiver for music. Plus the last Denon I bought bricked on me in less than a year and Denon refused to service it unless I shipped it to and from the US at my cost, which would have been more than the value of the unit. That pissed me right off and I swore after that that I would stick to Yamahas as they have been rock solid. For home theatre at least. But YPAO doesn't seem to do as good with sub eq...

20190812_200809.jpg
3500h for $699 is great value. I picked one up during the sale
Dec 15, 2008
4 posts
Denon/Marantz tend to run hot which is bad for the Electronics components and shortens the life considerably. I'm shocked that they wouldn't install a fan or two in $1500+ AVRs or improve the heat sinks. Hence a lot of dissatisfaction with the newer models. Also D&M offer only 2 year warranty in Canada while the same models have a 3 year warranty in the US which is not acceptable to me personally.
I was about to order the SR7013 but read some horror stories on AVSforums. I'm thinking of looking at Yamaha AVRs before making a decision.
Just my $0.02.
Mar 15, 2005
476 posts
220 upvotes
Blubbs wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:52 pm

20190812_200809.jpg
If you like your existing gear and are not a fan of denon, you should give room eq wizard a shot
https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

Instead of spending $700 on a receiver with channels you don't think you will ever use, save some cash and get a umik-1 calibrated mic for measurement and a mini dsp to add to your chain. With those tools you should be able to dial those subs to give you ruler flat response down to 20 Hz and below.

I would buy from cross spectrum labs. http://cross-spectrum.com. They provide calibrated mics for a little bit more but mini dsp is cheaper from them than amazon or minidsp own site.
Feb 4, 2007
132 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
Hobbess wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 2:02 pm
The SR6013 is $999, may be a better deal as unless you're looking for some pretty specialized things (see below) it's not that different. Though I know you don't 'save' as much getting the 6013 vs the 7013 so RFD effect says buy the 7013 for a better deal...

From AVSForums, for the 7013:
Upgrading from the SR6013 adds Zone 3 (w/digital but not HDMI 2.0 pass through) and Zone 3 pre-outs, an extra Comp IN with the COMP OUT able to be selectable as either MAIN or Zone 2, Blue LED around the Porthole, Remote control w/backlight button & preset codes for other devices; a second 12v Trigger, 2 line display under front panel flap; 2 CH Playback (LARGE/SMALL; crossover settings, sub – on/off, LFE -LFE+MAIN, distance, level), 2nd Optical/Digital Coax inputs, Auro 3D, and Aluminum front panel.
Auro 3D is an $200 USD upgrade or $267 CAD. If you listen to music I think it's a worthy upgrade for extra $250 over 6013 and get the list of upgrades above.
Nov 24, 2007
203 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
rinse wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:19 pm
The 6013 has Audyssey XT32
Ok. I think it was CanadaCPU or someone else that said it didn't. I agree that it's a pretty important upgrade from XT.