[Best Buy] Mass Effect Andromeda $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2017 4:19 pm
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
27 posts
84 upvotes

[Best Buy] Mass Effect Andromeda $49.99

Mass Effect must be selling poorly for such a big sale so soon. Both PS4 and Xbox 1 at $49.99. Amazon probably soon to follow (listed at $52.99 right now).

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mas ... 95150.aspx
58 replies
Aug 21, 2011
753 posts
150 upvotes
Price on this one will likely keep tanking. If you can wait it'll definitely hit rock bottom prices before too long
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4059 posts
1580 upvotes
Mississauga
Everyone tends to complain about 79.99 price tags but games seem to hit 49.99 pretty quickly at times, even if a 3-day sale.

Not bad for the gamers! This game doesn't seem to have wow-ed like it should have.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1775 posts
713 upvotes
This game is fantastic. I have found it much more interesting to play than ME1 through ME3.

Story is great, interactions are good (and of course optional), and the combat is solid. What really sells this game is the setting and environments. Mind you, I play on a PS4 Pro so maybe that makes a difference visually.

Multiplayer combat is interesting enough and combo with the phone app can provide campaign resources which is a nice touch.

The game took flak for facial animations that are no worse than a Bethesda game. Also, I always play with subtitles so Im too busy reading than paying attention to the faces.

There is so much game here you won't feel $50 is a waste. That being said, every game will go down to $20 of you wait long enough.
Sep 15, 2014
508 posts
61 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Waiting for this game to drop in price more.
I have a huge backlog of games, so I can wait :)
Sep 7, 2014
98 posts
93 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Gah, I want to buy this game (love the series) but I've moved to an all digital library this gen...will have to wait longer for cheap digital version.

If I buy now it'd just float into the black hole that is my backlog anyways!

Side note: wasn't there a rather large patch that fixed a lot of issues, namely the animations?
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
27 posts
84 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 8:58 am
Gah, I want to buy this game (love the series) but I've moved to an all digital library this gen...will have to wait longer for cheap digital version.

If I buy now it'd just float into the black hole that is my backlog anyways!

Side note: wasn't there a rather large patch that fixed a lot of issues, namely the animations?
There was a big patch to help with facial animations, speed up planet stuff and things: https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-jou ... 53509845=1

More patches are on the way. I held off buying initially due to the bugs and weaker reviews. Plus I just didn't have time. This feels like a lazy summer play session for me and I'm going to buy it at this price. It won't go cheaper than $40 any time soon and GOTY versions that include DLC are usually a year after release. If only For Honor wasn't so addicting...
Mar 21, 2003
651 posts
42 upvotes
uklamen wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 7:37 am

Story is great, interactions are good (and of course optional), and the combat is solid. What really sells this game is the setting and environments. Mind you, I play on a PS4 Pro so maybe that makes a difference visually.
how old are you?

the game plays like a bad episode of scooby doo
story and characters are cringe worthy at best, its like the whole thing was written by a 5 year old michael bay wannabe

this thing's a $5 bargain bin buy at best
Jun 3, 2006
831 posts
88 upvotes
Mississauga
Like many, I was looking forward to this game but so much of what I loved about Mass Effect is so poorly executed in Andromeda.

Agree with most on this thread, not worth over $20.
BerryPride :D
Feb 22, 2009
198 posts
179 upvotes
turrible... save your money. this thing will be $20 very very soon.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5673 posts
620 upvotes
Grimsby
It's not a bad deal as far as new games go (thanks OP) but the quality of the game itself is really lacking. I have to disagree with the guy who said the story and characters are good. The writing is awful and the characterization is very poor. These were previous franchise strengths and its disappointing to see the bar dip so much. The multiplayer is really generic Horde mode with biotic powers, barely a progression from the first game. It still retains the same annoying random loot mechanics aka gambling and frankly isn't very rewarding. Graphically the game is outstanding but it feels like a lifeless painting much of the time. The games user interface and crafting mechanics will drive you insane. It also features some of the most tedious filler I've ever seen in a game.

Anyways I will leave more detail for discussion in the gaming sub but I highly recommend waiting until this is $30ish and dialing back your expectations.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
2923 posts
516 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:03 am
It's not a bad deal as far as new games go (thanks OP) but the quality of the game itself is really lacking. I have to disagree with the guy who said the story and characters are good. The writing is awful and the characterization is very poor. These were previous franchise strengths and its disappointing to see the bar dip so much. The multiplayer is really generic Horde mode with biotic powers, barely a progression from the first game. It still retains the same annoying random loot mechanics aka gambling and frankly isn't very rewarding. Graphically the game is outstanding but it feels like a lifeless painting much of the time. The games user interface and crafting mechanics will drive you insane. It also features some of the most tedious filler I've ever seen in a game.

Anyways I will leave more detail for discussion in the gaming sub but I highly recommend waiting until this is $30ish and dialing back your expectations.
Thanks for the informative breakdown (as oppose to simply saying this is a bad game).

My understanding is the game is poor not just because of the animation problems...the writing and characters are inconsistent in quality and there are problems with the overall story... staples of Mass Effect. Combat I hear is quite good and graphically, it's stellar when it's not bugging out (which I"m sure will be patched eventually).

Will wait till I'm done P5, Horizon, Nier and Zelda:BOTW...=/
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel