Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse Black $65 ($35 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 7:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5361 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse Black $65 ($35 off)

Happened to be looking for a new bluetooth travel mouse and spotted this online at a discount. Picking up to check it out and try it with the Matebook X Pro.

Only Black is on sale, which is of course fine given the Matebook color.

Still pricey for a mouse, but if you're looking at the Surface Arc it's the best deal out there.
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2633 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: $18.99 BT Mouse

Dont know why you need the Microsoft one
Because ballers gon ball.

That’s like saying there’s a $20k car. Why buy a $60k car?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5751 posts
2584 upvotes
Toronto
Akizuki wrote: $18.99 BT Mouse

Dont know why you need the Microsoft one
There's a no-name brand for every product out there.
I can refer you a no-name version of a Lambo, but does it perform the same?

Anyways, did you even look at what the Arc mouse offers?

The ARC mouse and the Magic Mouse seem to be the only models that continue to stick around for the last 5 years, so that should convey something to you.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
Design is sleek and modern. Other than that, I found nothing good.
If you are planning on long time usages, get a comfort mouse. This is definitely not comfortable for long use.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2728 posts
2345 upvotes
GTA
rebel_rfd wrote: There's a no-name brand for every product out there.
I can refer you a no-name version of a Lambo, but does it perform the same?

Anyways, did you even look at what the Arc mouse offers?

The ARC mouse and the Magic Mouse seem to be the only models that continue to stick around for the last 5 years, so that should convey something to you.
2 Buttons, 1000 DPI (cant even change), gimmicky adjustable curve.

Sure you want to pay a premium for the above options then by all means go spend your hard earned money. Id rather spend it on something else.

The $18.99 Mouse I linked has 3 DPI settings.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1297 posts
2440 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Sure you want to pay a premium for the above options then by all means go spend your hard earned money. Id rather spend it on something else
Did you read OP's post?
Still pricey for a mouse, but if you're looking at the Surface Arc it's the best deal out there.
I swear the people who always barge in with the cheap no name options are the ones who miss the point of the posts.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5361 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
I travel for work, and have a MS Sculpt Comfort Mouse currently. Left it on my home office desk today, which prompted the search for another mouse dedicated to travel.

While the Sculpt is great and does fit in my bag well enough, I figured I'd have a look at the Arc and see if I like the gesture capability. I have an Apple Magic Mouse I used to use with my MacBook Pro but never found it particularly comfortable. Not a fan of the slim flat mice, like the $18 model posted.

And yeah, ballers gonna ball.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2397 posts
3914 upvotes
Onterrible
torontotim wrote: I travel for work, and have a MS Sculpt Comfort Mouse currently [...]
I have the MS Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse as my daily driver at work and love it, but I wouldn't recommend it for travel due to size. Arc Mouse is where it's at.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2633 upvotes
Ballers gon ball. Haters gon hate. No need to trash the deal. Different strokes for different folks.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 3, 2018
176 posts
71 upvotes
I didnt find this mouse to be too usable. The curve has not enough predicable support. My favorite is M720 for portable use and MX master for home use.
Last edited by hotdeal333 on Aug 15th, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5361 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
ChippewaBarr wrote: I have the MS Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse as my daily driver at work and love it, but I wouldn't recommend it for travel due to size. Arc Mouse is where it's at.
Mine is the lower profile Sculpt. Very nice mouse - good weight to it and compact, but as I say I could use a 2nd one and figured I'd give the Arc a try.
Dec 17, 2006
141 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP! I was considering this mouse for use when I'm travelling for work. Easily got the expense approved when I told our controller that the mouse was on sale haha
May 13, 2010
44 posts
42 upvotes
I like this mouse for working from coffee shops, took a little bit to get used to but it's nice and small, and sleek.

Lack of a dedicated back button is my only real complaint.
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Worth noting that this probably being discontinued in favour of that new MS mouse that came out with the Surface Go. But this is definitely something you buy because it looks sorta cool. A regular MS or Logitech mouse will undoubtedly be more comfortable and have more features for the same or less money.
Jul 20, 2005
171 posts
71 upvotes
Burnaby
I digital nomad for a couple months of the year. I bought this mouse a few months ago and love it. It's the slimmest mouse you can get, yet folds into a nice comfortable size -- fits great in a laptop bag. It still has batteries, which is a plus for me, as it means no charging needed. It's very lightweight. You can use the scroll gestures easily on the surface of the mouse. The one thing I really dislike is that you can't left-click and right-click together -- it's taken as a gesture which was causing some issues on something I was doing which requires both at the same time. If it didn't have that issue I would rate it 10/10. I still recommend it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5361 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
tjindersingh wrote: Worth noting that this probably being discontinued in favour of that new MS mouse that came out with the Surface Go. But this is definitely something you buy because it looks sorta cool. A regular MS or Logitech mouse will undoubtedly be more comfortable and have more features for the same or less money.
New Arc mouse? This is the current model, near as I can tell. MS seems to only have it in the 4 colors matching the Surface keyboard covers and Surface laptops - i.e. not Black but beside that, it is the same product from what I can tell.

Picked mine up - nice unit and I'm sure the flat storage mode will be very nice in my small laptop bag. Would be nice to have a built in rechargeable battery, but I'm sure the AAA's will last for months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)