Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy Mobile

Google Pixel 2 XL 64 GB $0 Tab Large w/ Koodo

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 2:59 pm
Jan 21, 2017
988 posts
339 upvotes
abshahul wrote: Until I read your post I didn't realize the blue tint issue so it's not really a deal breaker for me at least.
basically it's a lottery. some ppl have it and some don't.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1272 posts
765 upvotes
abshahul wrote: Yup, but probably plus one day of service.
I forgot to ask, it's a Walmart GC right? So I can't apply the $100 to the Koodo bill?
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Apr 5, 2009
323 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
DPR2017 wrote: damn. the blue tint is REAL. even the slightest tilt I would see it turning blue. still haven't used it as my daily driver yet due to waiting for the case.

what should I do guys? What are you guys doing in dealing w/ the blue shift issue?

since I already ported my # out, I assume I can't go to Koodo just exchange one?
keep it and you may get Pixel 3 free by exchange
Jan 21, 2017
988 posts
339 upvotes
xcai wrote: keep it and you may get Pixel 3 free by exchange
how legit do you think that is? that's Google taking on potentially a TON of $loss.

I would be happy even if Google says you can exchange blue tint pixel 2 for a Pixel 3 with some $ or sth.

like it is really not acceptable for Google to release a phone this stage of the game (my manufacture date is April this year) and still have screen issues....
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby
LyGuy wrote: I forgot to ask, it's a Walmart GC right? So I can't apply the $100 to the Koodo bill?
Yes, it's Walmart and you can't apply to koodo bill.

Edit: Changed can to can't 🤦‍♂️
Last edited by abshahul on Aug 21st, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[external link removed]
Apr 5, 2009
323 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
DPR2017 wrote: how legit do you think that is? that's Google taking on potentially a TON of $loss.

I would be happy even if Google says you can exchange blue tint pixel 2 for a Pixel 3 with some $ or sth.

like it is really not acceptable for Google to release a phone this stage of the game (my manufacture date is April this year) and still have screen issues....
rumour has it and im happy to hear it
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Damn wait time for koodo is currently 1 hour. WTF!! anyone was able to cancel online?
Apr 5, 2009
323 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
DPR2017 wrote: how legit do you think that is? that's Google taking on potentially a TON of $loss.

yeah, i was shocked to this, it will be my last google phone for sure.
Jul 22, 2011
682 posts
143 upvotes
Carleton Place
abshahul wrote: Yes, it's Walmart and you can apply to koodo bill.
You can use a Walmart gift card to pay your Koodo bill.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby
Kimberlee1 wrote: You can use a Walmart gift card to pay your Koodo bill.
Oops it should have been Can't, edited my response
[external link removed]
Nov 25, 2014
68 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Please confirm that Walmart is throwing a $100 gc if I purchase this phone on tab large today? Thanks
Dec 28, 2011
940 posts
468 upvotes
Victoria
DPR2017 wrote: damn. the blue tint is REAL. even the slightest tilt I would see it turning blue. still haven't used it as my daily driver yet due to waiting for the case.

what should I do guys? What are you guys doing in dealing w/ the blue shift issue?

since I already ported my # out, I assume I can't go to Koodo just exchange one?
Use it for a week and see if you notice it at the end of the week, I'm already used to it and barely notice it on day to day tasks. If I sit and look at a white screen and tilt it around I notice it but otherwise I don't notice it and mine has a very strong blue tint. It's a gorgous screen otherwise. Sell and make some cash if you hate it after a couple of weeks.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
A bunch of Nexus 6p owners got a free Pixel XL as a replacement for the bootlooping issue but they only offered it to people who purchased from Google Play store. I wouldn't really have too much hope they will extend it to phones not purchased from Google.
Jan 12, 2005
677 posts
4 upvotes
navaqeel wrote: Please confirm that Walmart is throwing a $100 gc if I purchase this phone on tab large today? Thanks
I went in this evening and was told the $100 isn't available again until Saturday.
(H)(Y)
Nov 18, 2006
790 posts
191 upvotes
Montreal
LyGuy wrote: So if I wanted to get this phone now, and want to keep my current Virgin plan, the steps are:
-Go to Walmart that has phone in stock
-Ask them to price match Best Buy Koodo $0 upfront/large tab at $75/m (+ new activation & new number)
-Get $100 GC
-Go home, call to cancel phone plan, get charged $480 + 30 + tax - 100
-Swap in my Virgin SIM card and enjoy?
Has anybody tried this yet? Im looking at keeping my Rogers plan but replacing my iPhone 7. Im done with Apple.
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
bigmike05 wrote: Has anybody tried this yet? Im looking at keeping my Rogers plan but replacing my iPhone 7. Im done with Apple.
Dude... 18 pages of ppl doing that. It works. Did it yesterday and apart from waiting an hour for customer service it's easy. It does have a impact on credit, but minimal for me.
Apr 5, 2009
323 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
updating

i dont feel screen is that blue now, but this phone is really overheating when do games.
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
xcai wrote: updating

i dont feel screen is that blue now, but this phone is really overheating when do games.
Just return the phone or sell it. You obviously do not like it and it's not meeting your expectations. It's one of the better phones of 2017-2018 but it might just not be for you. I suspect you'll have to invest alot more if you want a phone that will not have any of the issues you are reporting though.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3487 posts
3895 upvotes
Montreal
LyGuy wrote: -Swap in my Virgin SIM card and enjoy?
Just curious: is a phone bought for Koodo usable on Rogers these days? Or are there still different models for CDMA vs gsm?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2013
1253 posts
140 upvotes
Markham
FrancisBacon wrote: Just curious: is a phone bought for Koodo usable on Rogers these days? Or are there still different models for CDMA vs gsm?
No restrictions, you can use it on rogers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)