Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Nanoleaf Aurora Smart LED Light Panel - 15 Pack $250 ($100off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2017 2:04 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1188 posts
850 upvotes
Québec Gold

[Best Buy] Nanoleaf Aurora Smart LED Light Panel - 15 Pack $250 ($100off)

This look very interesting !

15-pack includes 15 modular smart LED light panels that can be applied in an arrangement of your choosing to enhance the ambience of your indoor environment

Nanoleaf Smarter Series app provides access to over 16 million colours with a colour temperature range of 1600 to 6000K so you can set the ambience to match any mood

Controlled through your Wi-Fi connection; no smart hub required

Compatible with Apple HomeKit and Android
Images
  • nanoleaf.PNG
40 replies
Apr 2, 2010
49 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton
I have twelve of these right now and I really enjoy them. They really draw a lot of attention from guests and the different ambient modes are quite nice just to have on in the background. This new 15-panel kit looks like a great deal at $250 and would really be a fantastic installation when all said and done.

Not the most practical purchase, but something really unique.
Apr 9, 2012
276 posts
64 upvotes
Beware... Addicting. Got a 9 pack and then a 15 during a recent sale. Very hard not to buy more as they are midular and can have upto 30 together. There is a new rythem addon coming soon as well. Only complaint is that the new update needs a bit of work
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2649 posts
1379 upvotes
Markham
What's the lumen on these? How do you guys hide the wire and transformer?
Nov 30, 2009
222 posts
80 upvotes
Québec
Been wanting these for a while! Good price! There is a new mounting screw kit that you can purchase on their website for about 40$ shipped. https://ca-shop.nanoleaf.me/products/au ... 7508045520 I am just not sure if you can only go with screws only and no doubled sided tape. There is also 180degrees connector to mount on ceiling or corner walls.

The reason i ask is because we just did repaint our living room and wife don't want any damage to the wall. What do you think? Are you all switching shape often or do you just keep them one way forever?

Any suggestion about 15 pieces shape mounted (in corner or not) over the couch?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8669 posts
567 upvotes
That's pretty neat. Man for $250......... no money to spend on that lol. Anyone seen any cool uses of it?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2649 posts
1379 upvotes
Markham
slay3r85 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 10:02 pm
Direct from Nanoleaf website it says max 100 LM/PANEL https://nanoleaf.me/en/consumer-led-lig ... fications/ and Bestbuy says 50lm/watt and its 0.5W-2W/panel which is the same.
That's pretty good although they're probably stating the white light lumen.

So the consensus is this is a good price, no need to wait for BF to see if they will put these on sale for less? I vaguely remember these went on sale last year BF but could be wrong...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1188 posts
850 upvotes
Québec Gold
As a tru RDFDeals member, here's my tips; buy now think later ;-)
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17389 posts
3729 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I would totally have got these back in the days when I was still installing cold cathodes in my PCs.

I just can't think of anywhere I could use this that wouldn't be tacky right now though.
Aug 26, 2008
564 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
Has anyone ceiling mounted this? I have an existing ceiling fixture over a dining area. But I move the table around sometimes so would like it so the light covers a larger area, as well as something really low profile, so this seems ideal, even if I don't use its full colour spectrum. I guess it would be against code to just put its adapter in the current fixture's cutout, with the fixture's power adapted to an AC outlet? I want to not have any visible wires.
Last edited by davidm on Sep 5th, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40168 posts
9432 upvotes
Wish there was something like this with IFTTT that we could plaster on our front door's frosted glass to make it appear like someone was approaching every time the door bell is rung. :)
Nov 30, 2009
222 posts
80 upvotes
Québec
davidm wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 12:42 pm
Has anyone ceiling mounted this? I have an existing ceiling fixture over a dining area. But I move the table around sometimes so would like it so the light covers a larger area, as well as something really low profile, so this seems ideal, even if I don't use its full colour spectrum. I guess it would be against code to just put its adapter in the current fixture's cutout, with the fixture's power adapted to an AC outlet? I want to not have any visible wires.
You sure can but you need the screws mount kit to hold them good on ceiling https://ca-shop.nanoleaf.me/products/au ... ccessories