• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2017 9:07 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2011
313 posts
407 upvotes

[Best Buy] Nier Automata 35$

Hi

I just noticed that Nier Automata is 35$ at bestbuy !

Ps4 Day one : http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nie ... 80418.aspx
Ps4 : http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nie ... 73937.aspx

Have a nice day !
114 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2386 posts
852 upvotes
Montreal
Can't believe it's still 79$ on steam.

I guess there's no rush to drop the price on PC. They probably still make good money.
Nov 14, 2013
585 posts
122 upvotes
Moncton
nice, I wanted to get the pc version but I think playing on ps4 pro would also be a good experience.
Nov 14, 2013
585 posts
122 upvotes
Moncton
vonblock wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 7:27 am

I guess there's no rush to drop the price on PC. They probably still make good money.
Thats the thing about not worrying about retail, there is no shelf space to compete for.
Jan 22, 2017
83 posts
266 upvotes
vonblock wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 7:27 am

That's why I always chuckle when I see people say it's cheaper to game on PC. Owning a PS4, Xbox ONE & gaming PC I've found consoles to be cheaper almost all of the time.
Oct 9, 2011
555 posts
280 upvotes
EAST YORK
CrazyCatMan wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:22 am
That's why I always chuckle when I see people say it's cheaper to game on PC. Owning a PS4, Xbox ONE & gaming PC I've found consoles to be cheaper almost all of the time.
As someone who owns all the consoles and a PC, that's complete BS. PC is significantly cheaper pretty much all the time and it's not even close. This one exception to the rule doesn't mean it's not true
Last edited by baddoctor on Aug 18th, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3039 posts
583 upvotes
baddoctor wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:24 am
As someone who owns all the consoles and a PC, that's complete. PC is significantly cheaper pretty much all the time and it's not even close. This one exception to the rule doesn't mean it's not true
As someone who also owns all the above, I can't say I fully agree. I find PC games a far cheaper for older titles and without question, the catalogue is far more diverse. But when it comes to Triple A stuff, it's more or less the same. If anything, console triple A stuff tends to drop in price sooner if it doesn't sell well (Nier, Mass effect). In general it's case by case.
Jan 22, 2017
83 posts
266 upvotes
baddoctor wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:24 am
As someone who owns all the consoles and a PC, that's complete. PC is significantly cheaper pretty much all the time and it's not even close. This one exception to the rule doesn't mean it's not true
Except it's not the exception. If you own physical copies you can resell them. The net $ out is always lower than a digital copy on PC outside of waiting to pick up titles in bundles or random steam sales which suck now IMO. Nier will end up costing me in the neighborhood of $10. PM me next time it goes on sale for $10 at steam. Do you see why?
Nov 1, 2009
362 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal-Nord
CrazyCatMan wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:22 am
If you plan to keep the games you purchase, there is no way gaming on a console is cheaper than on a PC and it's not even close.

The only thing that could make console games cheaper is the fact that you can purchase physical copy and resell the game when you finish it.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18511 posts
3634 upvotes
Thornhill
Become as Gods.

Love this game.
Apr 13, 2007
720 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Game is very fun to play! Good story and multitude of different modes, Good price!
[self promotion removed]
Nov 14, 2013
585 posts
122 upvotes
Moncton
CrazyCatMan wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:49 am
Except it's not the exception. If you own physical copies you can resell them. The net $ out is always lower than a digital copy on PC outside of waiting to pick up titles in bundles or random steam sales which suck now IMO. Nier will end up costing me in the neighborhood of $10. PM me next time it goes on sale for $10 at steam. Do you see why?
It will be $10 on sale soon enough, but to be honest who plays on pc to save money?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1152 posts
109 upvotes
There's a non-day one version too? Hmm. Why would anyone go for that, strange. I've only ever seen day one editions in the wild.