Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Nier Automata 35$

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2017 9:07 pm
May 30, 2011
367 posts
565 upvotes

[Best Buy] Nier Automata 35$

Hi

I just noticed that Nier Automata is 35$ at bestbuy !

Ps4 Day one : http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nie ... 80418.aspx
Ps4 : http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nie ... 73937.aspx

Have a nice day !
114 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3654 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
Can't believe it's still 79$ on steam.

I guess there's no rush to drop the price on PC. They probably still make good money.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
nice, I wanted to get the pc version but I think playing on ps4 pro would also be a good experience.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
vonblock wrote: Can't believe it's still 79$ on steam.

I guess there's no rush to drop the price on PC. They probably still make good money.
Thats the thing about not worrying about retail, there is no shelf space to compete for.
Jan 22, 2017
659 posts
1694 upvotes
vonblock wrote: Can't believe it's still 79$ on steam.

That's why I always chuckle when I see people say it's cheaper to game on PC. Owning a PS4, Xbox ONE & gaming PC I've found consoles to be cheaper almost all of the time.
Oct 9, 2011
732 posts
761 upvotes
EAST YORK
CrazyCatMan wrote: That's why I always chuckle when I see people say it's cheaper to game on PC. Owning a PS4, Xbox ONE & gaming PC I've found consoles to be cheaper almost all of the time.
As someone who owns all the consoles and a PC, that's complete BS. PC is significantly cheaper pretty much all the time and it's not even close. This one exception to the rule doesn't mean it's not true
Last edited by baddoctor on Aug 18th, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
baddoctor wrote: As someone who owns all the consoles and a PC, that's complete. PC is significantly cheaper pretty much all the time and it's not even close. This one exception to the rule doesn't mean it's not true
As someone who also owns all the above, I can't say I fully agree. I find PC games a far cheaper for older titles and without question, the catalogue is far more diverse. But when it comes to Triple A stuff, it's more or less the same. If anything, console triple A stuff tends to drop in price sooner if it doesn't sell well (Nier, Mass effect). In general it's case by case.
Jan 22, 2017
659 posts
1694 upvotes
baddoctor wrote: As someone who owns all the consoles and a PC, that's complete. PC is significantly cheaper pretty much all the time and it's not even close. This one exception to the rule doesn't mean it's not true
Except it's not the exception. If you own physical copies you can resell them. The net $ out is always lower than a digital copy on PC outside of waiting to pick up titles in bundles or random steam sales which suck now IMO. Nier will end up costing me in the neighborhood of $10. PM me next time it goes on sale for $10 at steam. Do you see why?
Nov 1, 2009
679 posts
441 upvotes
Terrebonne
CrazyCatMan wrote: That's why I always chuckle when I see people say it's cheaper to game on PC. Owning a PS4, Xbox ONE & gaming PC I've found consoles to be cheaper almost all of the time.
If you plan to keep the games you purchase, there is no way gaming on a console is cheaper than on a PC and it's not even close.

The only thing that could make console games cheaper is the fact that you can purchase physical copy and resell the game when you finish it.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1562 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
Game is very fun to play! Good story and multitude of different modes, Good price!
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
CrazyCatMan wrote: Except it's not the exception. If you own physical copies you can resell them. The net $ out is always lower than a digital copy on PC outside of waiting to pick up titles in bundles or random steam sales which suck now IMO. Nier will end up costing me in the neighborhood of $10. PM me next time it goes on sale for $10 at steam. Do you see why?
It will be $10 on sale soon enough, but to be honest who plays on pc to save money?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1361 posts
209 upvotes
There's a non-day one version too? Hmm. Why would anyone go for that, strange. I've only ever seen day one editions in the wild.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1457 posts
889 upvotes
You must not own steam....
Feb 17, 2017
185 posts
41 upvotes
alexaxa wrote: Hi

I just noticed that Nier Automata is 35$ at bestbuy !

Ps4 Day one : http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nie ... 80418.aspx
Ps4 : http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nie ... 73937.aspx

Have a nice day !
I love that BB is selling the Day One's for the same price lately. While they're typically a minor upgrade, you're still getting something extra for the same price.
Feb 17, 2017
185 posts
41 upvotes
jeffx wrote: There's a non-day one version too? Hmm. Why would anyone go for that, strange. I've only ever seen day one editions in the wild.
I'm thinking they just post both at the same price until they run out of the day one shipments.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3654 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
If I mention it it's because it's a rare case. Price are usually much lower than console. This game is an exception and they probably have a good reason, it's probably selling quite well at this price and have no reason to drop the price.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
Forgot to mention, this game is amazing.

1st act comes across as a pretty good action game. 2nd act adds a bit of a twist and emotional resonance to the 1st act. The 3rd act is probably one of my favourite gaming play throughs I've had in a long time. It's climatic, emotional... all out bonkers with respect to the story and the overall gameplay. Quite possibly the most satisfying, surreal ending to a game you can experience if you put in the time to play all the way.

My only criticism of the game is it's not exactly the prettiest game but more importantly, you don't really experience just how amazing this game can get until the final act of the game (about 14 hours into the game).

At $35, this is highly recommended to fans of action, RPG, great storytelling and Metal Gear levels of craziness.

Note: Avoid as much as you can about this game as part of it's charm is how much it can surprise you at every turn.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)