Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Nintendo Switch Diablo 3/Overwatch/Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Physical $34.99 each

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 6:39 am
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2748 posts
760 upvotes
Montreal
Don't waste your money on Final Fantasy spend that extra money for the imported version!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 2, 2006
6100 posts
973 upvotes
Mississauga
tarushin wrote: Don't waste your money on Final Fantasy spend that extra money for the imported version!
what's good about the imported version?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7838 posts
2406 upvotes
The console versions are better IMO because you can also manually dodge and roll using the right analog stick.
That move cannot be done on PC. Plus I prefer controller presses with buttons and vibration over keyboard and mouse
with no vibration feedback.
honggil wrote: Is D3 a direct port of the PC version? I am wondering how the gameplay will be like compared to playing on the PC.
booboi wrote: Is the switch diablo local multiplayer?
Yes it has local and online multilplayer (1-4 players locally on the same screen at all times; or 1-4 players online in the same game).
As does the PS4 and XB1 versions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7838 posts
2406 upvotes
Longobongo wrote: what's good about the imported version?
The imported (Asian region) version of Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster on Nintendo Ssitch has both games on one cartridge.
The North American versions on Nintendo Switch only has FFX on the cartridge and FFX-2 is a downloadable voucher
for the digital version.

The PS4 and XB1 versions have both games on the same blu-ray in all regions.
SwaunyJones wrote: No way I put myself through that torture of dodging 200 lightning strikes for celestial weapons among other ridiculous tasks just to beat the game ever again... Ya I'm still scared from it......
Those were completely optional and only good if you want the Trophies and Achievements for obtaining the Ultimate Weapons.
Nintendo Switch does not have any Trophy or Achievement system built into player profiles directly.

-
Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 6th, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Newbie
Jun 24, 2007
36 posts
17 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Not sure but the actual download is most likely tied to the account.
Yes digital copy is tied to the account, but you can still game share it by sharing your Nintendo account.
Any user on the account's primary console can play the digital copy. On non-primary console, only the account holder can play, and requires internet connection check at the start of the game, and every 3h afterwards.
You also can't have 2 consoles running games with the same account together, so you'll need to create an additional account on the primary console.

On your switch:
- create a second Nintendo account (B) and set this switch as the primary console
- redeem the digital copy to account (B)
- Play FFX2 with your first account (A)
- No internet connection is required, play any time, game progress saved to account (A).

On your friend's switch:
- Share your Nintendo account (B)
- Go to the e-Shop to 're-download' FFX2
- Run and play FFX2 with account (B); need internet to validate; game progress saved to account (B).
- Cannot play FFX2 with their own account (C)

Pros of digital:
-Sharing games with friends and families that lives far far away
-No need to swap cartridge between games

Con of digital:
-Sharing requires internet connection
-Cannot resell your digital copy (unless selling your whole account?)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4285 posts
2077 upvotes
Toronto
hlx42s wrote: Yes digital copy is tied to the account, but you can still game share it by sharing your Nintendo account.
Any user on the account's primary console can play the digital copy. On non-primary console, only the account holder can play, and requires internet connection check at the start of the game, and every 3h afterwards.
You also can't have 2 consoles running games with the same account together, so you'll need to create an additional account on the primary console.

On your switch:
- create a second Nintendo account (B) and set this switch as the primary console
- redeem the digital copy to account (B)
- Play FFX2 with your first account (A)
- No internet connection is required, play any time, game progress saved to account (A).

On your friend's switch:
- Share your Nintendo account (B)
- Go to the e-Shop to 're-download' FFX2
- Run and play FFX2 with account (B); need internet to validate; game progress saved to account (B).
- Cannot play FFX2 with their own account (C)

Pros of digital:
-Sharing games with friends and families that lives far far away
-No need to swap cartridge between games

Con of digital:
-Sharing requires internet connection
-Cannot resell your digital copy (unless selling your whole account?)
The download requires the cart to be inserted so wouldn't the other switches complain that there is no inserted cart?
Newbie
Jun 24, 2007
36 posts
17 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: The download requires the cart to be inserted so wouldn't the other switches complain that there is no inserted cart?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this edition of the game.

Is it 1 cartridge with both games on it; or 1 cartridge for FFX and a redeemable code for FFX-2?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4285 posts
2077 upvotes
Toronto
hlx42s wrote: Sorry, I'm not familiar with this edition of the game.

Is it 1 cartridge with both games on it; or 1 cartridge for FFX and a redeemable code for FFX-2?
So basically X is on the cart and X-2 is a one time redeemable code but to add insult to injury, X-2 requires the cart to be inserted as a validation check.
Newbie
Feb 7, 2012
1 posts
WATERLOO
Just my 2c. I played D3 on PS4 a while back, was fun, played the season. Grabbed D3 on Switch playing with friend, and was shocked to find out the leaderboard is full of hacked item like ring and neck with triple sockets and with 1M+ damage. Really destroy part of the fun.

So be warned.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5861 posts
1663 upvotes
Scarborough
I paid full price for D3 when it was first released, RMAH and all. Its definitely in a better place now, but I don't think I'm tempted to re-purchase it.

I've also played Overwatch for a bit on PC but like another poster said, it heavily relies on an online community. No cross-progression really sucks for those with hundreds of skins on their PC account. Fun game before all of the Hong Kong drama made a lot of people including myself quit
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2003
3638 posts
1361 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: The imported (Asian region) version of Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster on Nintendo Ssitch has both games on one cartridge.
The North American versions on Nintendo Switch only has FFX on the cartridge and FFX-2 is a downloadable voucher
for the digital version.
So in the end, you need the cart to play x and X2.

The advantage of the import is you can resell x/x2 together where with the NA VERSION, you can only resell x by itself and lose access completely to X2.

That said, how much is the import? $50? $80?

For $35, I would just buy it, play it and keep it.

And let's be honest, if you're buying this, you'll play a few hours of X and never touch X2 anyways;p
Newbie
Dec 25, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
never played the game, but yeah I think you shoudn't use the code so that you could possibly resell it in case you won't like X1.

(I also never played switch. wth am i doing in this thread?)
Member
User avatar
May 27, 2010
397 posts
161 upvotes
halcyon wrote: Diablo is not bad for nintendo pricing. It's been on sale for $50 on most days and $35 may be the lowest i've seen.
It went to $29.99, at Best Buy and Amazon, over the holidays. Sold out relatively quickly, though.

Edit: Seems other beat me to this.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1060 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Sinyk wrote: FYI, Diablo 3 for switch on amazon.ca now shows shipping in 1-2 months.
I went to order it and just saw this. So now off to Bestbuy!

Top