Nintendo Switch Pre Order

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2017 6:52 pm
Sep 17, 2009
99 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
SteveC616201 wrote: And gone.

I picked one up to replace my source one since source already fully charged my credit card and are not shipping till the 10th.
Same. Though I wanted the colored edition. I was only able to get the gray one :(
Sep 17, 2009
99 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
So since I got the Gray edition and I want the Color edition. If Bestbuy gets more. do you think they will let me order another and cancel the gray edition?

Or do you think I'm going to have to risk cancelling my gray edition, possibly ahead of time, to be able to order the Color edition?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2003
2808 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
what the hell!!! how did I miss this

ok..where is the HORI Zelda Skin/Protector??

RIG SPECS: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO X570 - Ryzen 9 5900x @ 5GHz - XPG 32GB @ 3200MHz - MSI RTX 4090 - EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W G2 PSU - AORUS Gen 4 M.2 1TB SSD
HEATWARE
Sep 17, 2009
99 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Majinvegeta wrote: what the hell!!! how did I miss this

ok..where is the HORI Zelda Skin/Protector??

There's also this one but it doesnt ship to canada.

Handheld +console skin
PDP Nintendo Switch Zelda Collector's Edition Screen Protection & Skins
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch- ... witch+skin

Last edited by Bryce Lachance on Jan 20th, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Bryce Lachance wrote: So since I got the Gray edition and I want the Color edition. If Bestbuy gets more. do you think they will let me order another and cancel the gray edition?

Or do you think I'm going to have to risk cancelling my gray edition, possibly ahead of time, to be able to order the Color edition?
if they release another batch of neon editions, pre order it and then go into your best buy orders, click the order for the grey and cancel it.

Alternatively, if you plan on picking up an extra set of joy cons, do what I did, order the grey edition and order a set of neon blue/red joy cons.

I prefer the grey, but the red/blue will be good for my son and daughter.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2003
2808 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
yea...saw that one but I don't want to apply stickers. Will probably need to get screen protector though, I'm sure its going to have scratches all over if I don't.

Do you guys know if the tempered glass is better than the film? And although they do ship, it looks like it will be a few weeks before I get it after launch..
RIG SPECS: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO X570 - Ryzen 9 5900x @ 5GHz - XPG 32GB @ 3200MHz - MSI RTX 4090 - EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W G2 PSU - AORUS Gen 4 M.2 1TB SSD
HEATWARE
Sep 17, 2009
99 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Melkor wrote: if they release another batch of neon editions, pre order it and then go into your best buy orders, click the order for the grey and cancel it.

Alternatively, if you plan on picking up an extra set of joy cons, do what I did, order the grey edition and order a set of neon blue/red joy cons.

I prefer the grey, but the red/blue will be good for my son and daughter.
What I am saying is, I don't know if Bestbuy will let me have 2 pre-orders or if will block me out of getting a 2nd. Even though I plan on cancelling one of them.

I'm worried that If they do prevent me from ordering two and that I have to run the chance of cancelling my existing one, to try to snag a neon one, that by the time I do that, that the neon ones will be all gone.

I had gone through the pre-ordering process for a neon at first but only noticed that I wasn't logged in after the whole order went through, paypal and all. Which is weird, because I didn't get any confirmation from paypal, it's not in their history and I didn't get emailed about it and neither did Bestbuy.

After that happened, I logged back into the Bestbuy website and by then only the gray ones remained and I was fortunate enough to be able to snag one.
Majinvegeta wrote: yea...saw that one but I don't want to apply stickers. Will probably need to get screen protector though, I'm sure its going to have scratches all over if I don't.

Do you guys know if the tempered glass is better than the film? And although they do ship, it looks like it will be a few weeks before I get it after launch..
I won't get anything but glass screen protectors for my phone. They feel much better and they are much more resistant than plastic film.

I love glass. That's the first thing I looked for after the Nintendo Switch. I just don't know which one I want yet since screen protectors aren't all the same quality.

I may wait nearer to release date so that more 3rd party phone accessory companies get on the wagon.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2003
2808 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks, any suggestions on which brand is good for glass screen protectors? I didn't even know such things existed until you posted it here.
HEATWARE
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Bryce Lachance wrote: What I am saying is, I don't know if Bestbuy will let me have 2 pre-orders or if will block me out of getting a 2nd. Even though I plan on cancelling one of them.

I'm worried that If they do prevent me from ordering two and that I have to run the chance of cancelling my existing one, to try to snag a neon one, that by the time I do that, that the neon ones will be all gone.

I had gone through the pre-ordering process for a neon at first but only noticed that I wasn't logged in after the whole order went through, paypal and all. Which is weird, because I didn't get any confirmation from paypal, it's not in their history and I didn't get emailed about it and neither did Bestbuy.

After that happened, I logged back into the Bestbuy website and by then only the gray ones remained and I was fortunate enough to be able to snag one.

You wont have a problem ordering a separate order for one as far as I know. Once you order it cancel the other. Simple. I actually had two ordered at one point through bestbuy.ca but cancelled them when I was able to preorder in store at EB Games.
Sep 17, 2009
99 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Here is an article on the advantages of a glass screen protector over plastic film
http://lifehacker.com/are-glass-screen- ... 1611904544

As of right now, I might go with the Orzly one I posted above. You can tell that they at least put effort to design the screen protector for the switch since it has cut-outs and its shaped to the model.

I'm hoping that ZAGG makes a model for the NIntendo switch. They make good quality glass screen protectors for smartphones.

According to the Top10review website
http://www.toptenreviews.com/mobile/acc ... rotectors/

Zagg generally rates among the best
Nov 25, 2009
441 posts
50 upvotes
Bryce Lachance wrote: Here is an article on the advantages of a glass screen protector over plastic film
http://lifehacker.com/are-glass-screen- ... 1611904544

As of right now, I might go with the Orzly one I posted above. You can tell that they at least put effort to design the screen protector for the switch since it has cut-outs and its shaped to the model.

I'm hoping that ZAGG makes a model for the NIntendo switch. They make good quality glass screen protectors for smartphones.

According to the Top10review website
http://www.toptenreviews.com/mobile/acc ... rotectors/

Zagg generally rates among the best
I've got a Orzly glass screen protector on my Nexus 6p and of the 5 or so I've tried it is by far the best. Its got a really good oleophobic coating that helps prevent finger prints. I've actually broken mine three times already and amazon has always replaced it for free under their warranty. I'll probably grab the same one for my switch :)!
Sep 17, 2009
99 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
cycro27 wrote: I've got a Orzly glass screen protector on my Nexus 6p and of the 5 or so I've tried it is by far the best. Its got a really good oleophobic coating that helps prevent finger prints. I've actually broken mine three times already and amazon has always replaced it for free under their warranty. I'll probably grab the same one for my switch :)!
That's great :)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
Anyone else get a email from Best Buy saying release is march 31 please tell me that's an error
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
I pre-ordered the neon red/blue joycon Switch from Best Buy when it went up for pre-order and the confirmation email and order details on the website say March 3rd.
I also ended up getting a Pre-order for the grey joycon Swtich from EB Games, so I cancelled one of the grey Switch pre-orders I had from Best Buy online.

The release date in the email is likely a placeholder date. I pre-ordered the Neon Switch from their website sometime in the evening which is probably
later than most people that pre-ordered on that day.
goleafsgo5 wrote: Anyone else get a email from Best Buy saying release is march 31 please tell me that's an error
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1192 posts
936 upvotes
Victoria, BC
goleafsgo5 wrote: Anyone else get a email from Best Buy saying release is march 31 please tell me that's an error
XFactor11 wrote:
The release date in the email is likely a placeholder date. I pre-ordered the Neon Switch from their website sometime in the evening which is probably
later than most people that pre-ordered on that day.
A lot of people are assuming the March 31 is a placeholder, but I'm not so sure. Because the first round of BB preorders had the proper March 3 release, didn't it? Maybe they can't get all their preorders shipped at launch?

However, that said, I also preordered Zelda BotW from BB and it has Dec 31 2017 release date.

I will be shocked if my switch preorder actually arrives on March 3. I preordered Wii U from BB, the release day was like Friday also and I got it on maybe Tuesday or Wednesday of the next week. Irked me, I could've walked into a BB and bought the console instead of waiting. If I'm supposed to get the switch on Friday, I bet mine will arrive mid next week after release day.
Sep 17, 2009
99 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Ok I'm worried now.

I also pre-ordered from Bestbuy. I searched for any emails from Bestbuy. The only one I could find is entitled:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Your Order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with BESTBUY.CA"

it shows:
Hello XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.ca! We have received your order and we will process it right away.
Your method of payment will not be charged until the item(s) are shipped.

Order Date: 20 Jan 2017, 05:18:35
Item Name Quantity
Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con 1

3 Year Wii Geek Squad Protection Service Plan for Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But that email itself doesn't include any dates.

When looking on the Bestbuy website, under My Orders, it shows:

Order Details
Order Date: January 20, 2017, 05:18:35 (PST)
Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Order Status: In Progress

Sold and shipped by: Best Buy Canada
Shipment 1
Shipping ID: Not available at this time

Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con
Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: March 03, 2017
Free delivery arrives as early as Mar 03.
$399.99
Item Price $399.99
Quantity: 1

3 Year Wii Geek Squad Protection Service Plan for Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con
Geek Squad Protection Service Plan. Learn More
$59.99
Item Price $59.99
Quantity: 1

Order Date: 20 Jan 2017, 05:18:35
Item Name Quantity
Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con 1
3 Year Wii Geek Squad Protection Service Plan for Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con 1

So I'm worried that it doesn't give me a date. All of this because I was angry that TheSource.ca gave me a pre-order date of March 10 :(
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Someone posting on the Canadian gaming discussion thread on Neogaf said they contacted Best Buy and the response received was all pre-orders should be shipped out on March 3rd.

The discussion is in the last couple of pages in the thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 7&page=208

My pre-order there has always said March 3rd and I pre-ordered later than most people.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2003
2808 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
I pre-ordered on the 13th, and at the time the release date was listed as March 31st. So thats why its showing that, and I do remember seeing that Best Buy corrected it afterwards. So, I'm sure I will get it on the 3rd of March, its just a mistake on their end.
HEATWARE

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)