Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - $89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 8:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Ouch!
This would be 1/3 of what I just paid for an open-box Switch.
Aside from the extra play time vs the standard controller configuration, are there any other benefits besides lightening the wallet?
How comfortable is it with the L & R Joy-Cons docked with the included grip?
Feb 15, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
Well, I was skeptical about the pro controller, but after I tried and played it for few hours, I never want to go back to the joy-con.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Woah! wrote: Ouch!
This would be 1/3 of what I just paid for an open-box Switch.
Aside from the extra play time vs the standard controller configuration, are there any other benefits besides lightening the wallet?
How comfortable is it with the L & R Joy-Cons docked with the included grip?
I have large hands and after using the pro controller, I simply cannot go back to the joycons in the grip. I hate when the pro controller has to charge and I have to use the joycons.

Its expensive, but for me it's an integral part of my switch experience. I couldn't imagine a long play session of Zelda without it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Melkor wrote: I have large hands and after using the pro controller, I simply cannot go back to the joycons in the grip. I hate when the pro controller has to charge and I have to use the joycons.

Its expensive, but for me it's an integral part of my switch experience. I couldn't imagine a long play session of Zelda without it.
Ah, yes...I wasn't taking the more substantial size difference into consideration.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I'm so used to XBox & PS controllers that I may as just order one of these.
Considering what I paid for the Switch itself, it'll still come in cheaper than the retail price of the console alone.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Woah! wrote: Ah, yes...I wasn't taking the more substantial size difference into consideration.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I'm so used to XBox & PS controllers that I may as just order one of these.
Considering what I paid for the Switch itself, it'll still come in cheaper than the retail price of the console alone.
The price for the controller is high, but I think that you'll be happy with it, I know that I am!
Sep 2, 2004
796 posts
47 upvotes
Oakville
found one at ebgames after searching around for 2 weeks. definitely a must for long sessions of zelda since the joycon is so cramped and right side stick is lower.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
trunkzz wrote: found one at ebgames after searching around for 2 weeks. definitely a must for long sessions of zelda since the joycon is so cramped and right side stick is lower.
Enjoying my long Zelda sessions with my Wii U Pro Controller using the Wii U I have owned for years :)

The controller was on sale a few years ago for $37.50 and the battery lasts forever.

So far not buying a Switch is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
MrDisco wrote: Sigh. This happens every time with a range of products.

Let's be clear: limited production items will get posted in hot deals. No I'm not going to move them to other sub-forums (so please stop reporting such threads!). Doesn't matter if we're taking about limited edition video games, consoles, Apple products, the latest toy fad, or the next hot widget. If there's a demand and it sells out quickly at retail pricing it will remain in hot deals. We saw this with Hatchimals, the Switch console, Amiibos, The Wii console, and if RFD was around back then Cabbage Patch Dolls. There are a lot of other members who appreciate such threads. And let's be honest - these threads come and go pretty quickly so they're not exactly bumping other deals off the main page for that long.

If the item just isn't for you or you detest the company in question there's a simple solution: move along and visit threads you are interested in. There's no need to be sour and ruin other people's fun.
#preach
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
lightsout56 wrote: Enjoying my long Zelda sessions with my Wii U Pro Controller using the Wii U I have owned for years :)

The controller was on sale a few years ago for $37.50 and the battery lasts forever.

So far not buying a Switch is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
I think you've got it backwards. I think you would have been far better off to have never bought the Wii U in the first place? But enjoy your paper weights after you're done with the poorly performing version of Zelda?

Best decisions... you must not make very many of them if the Wii U or any video game system purchase is your benchmark.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
BinaryJay wrote: I think you've got it backwards. I think you would have been far better off to have never bought the Wii U in the first place? But enjoy your paper weights after you're done with the poorly performing version of Zelda?

Best decisions... you must not make very many of them if the Wii U or any video game system purchase is your benchmark.
Wii U was HIGHLY underrated, many many top tier games. Zelda performs the EXACT same on the Wii U and the Switch. There's frame rate dropping in Zelda on the Switch in the exact same places the Wii U drops frames. I own a Switch and not a Wii U btw.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1566 posts
254 upvotes
wzffzw wrote: Well, I was skeptical about the pro controller, but after I tried and played it for few hours, I never want to go back to the joy-con.
That's how I literally feel about the Pro controller too

You definitely get what you pay for with this Switch controller and there's no way I'm going back to using the Joycon
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2308 posts
2726 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
BinaryJay wrote: I think you've got it backwards. I think you would have been far better off to have never bought the Wii U in the first place? But enjoy your paper weights after you're done with the poorly performing version of Zelda?

with that argument wouldn't ever console would be a paper weight since new ones will come out to replace it eventually. who uses a ps3 or xbox 360 anymore?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes

Someone is very sensitive after buying the most overpriced video game system of all time.

If you don't like the Wii U that is ok with me. I will enjoy the money in my pocket and the countless hours I will be logging on my Wii U for years to come. So many amazing games between the Wii U games, Wii, Virtual Console that will keep me going until Nintendo is smart enough to half the price of the Switch in a few years to where it should have been in the first place.

At least by that time there will be a decent catalogue of Switch games to play......because you may be the one with an overpriced paperweight after you are done playing Breath of the Wild for quite some time ;)

P.S. Even though no Switch owners want to admit it....Breath of the Wild is amazing on the Wii U. They just want to point out flaws that just aren't there. It looks amazing on my 60" Plasma and I have not seen even one framerate drop after 50 hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3403 posts
974 upvotes
Vaughan
lightsout56 wrote: Someone is very sensitive after buying the most overpriced video game system of all time.
What? Have you not heard of the Panasonic 3DO?

And there's more to play on the Switch than just BOTW.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
IntrepidRT wrote: Wii U was HIGHLY underrated, many many top tier games. Zelda performs the EXACT same on the Wii U and the Switch. There's frame rate dropping in Zelda on the Switch in the exact same places the Wii U drops frames. I own a Switch and not a Wii U btw.
DF suggests otherwise.

Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4439 posts
2955 upvotes
Let people spend money on what they want who cares ..got my switch for probably half price or more during the eb trade fiasco they were doing....