Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - $89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 8:45 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
EB Games Sportsworld Drive in Kitchener had a few in stock on the weekend........I traded my Mario Kart preorder in +$10 for one (I have another preorder at Amazon). It's a pretty nice controller, joysticks definitely feel quite a bit better than the joycons.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
I don't usually hate on hard to find items being in hot deals, but these are no longer hard to find. Should be moved to the video games section.

As for the controller...
I got one 2 weeks ago via Amazon. It's no XB1 Elite controller (I wasn't expecting it to be either), but it feels better than Joycons for sure. Probably $20 too expensive but I didn't care since I basically paid for it using Petro Points.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
lightsout56 wrote: Someone is very sensitive after buying the most overpriced video game system of all time.

If you don't like the Wii U that is ok with me. I will enjoy the money in my pocket and the countless hours I will be logging on my Wii U for years to come. So many amazing games between the Wii U games, Wii, Virtual Console that will keep me going until Nintendo is smart enough to half the price of the Switch in a few years to where it should have been in the first place.

At least by that time there will be a decent catalogue of Switch games to play......because you may be the one with an overpriced paperweight after you are done playing Breath of the Wild for quite some time ;)

P.S. Even though no Switch owners want to admit it....Breath of the Wild is amazing on the Wii U. They just want to point out flaws that just aren't there. It looks amazing on my 60" Plasma and I have not seen even one framerate drop after 50 hours.
LOL what the heck are you talking about? Either you don't have BotW for Wii U or you don't know what a framerate drop is... I've also put 50 hours in to BotW on the Wii U, and it definitely stutters and has frame drops in several parts of the game.

Just take the shrine waypoint near Kakariko village and paraglide into town - massive framerate drop, it feels like it's down to 10 fps. It's pretty bad. I think on Switch there is still a big framerate drop, thought not quite as severe.

----

Look, Breath of the Wild has well documented framerate drops on both Switch and Wii. It flatout pauses for a couple of seconds in a couple of rare scenarios in the game (happened to me fighting some of the giant Moblins in the snowy mountains, etc.).

It's still an all-time classic game and is surprisingly similar in visual quality between Wii U and Switch. Just don't say it has no framerate drops, because that is one of the issues with the game - regardless of platform!

PS - sorry for the off topic thread, but I can't let this comment sit unaddressed!