Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Patriot Ignite 480GB MLC SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (PI480GS25SSDR) $59.97 Shipped

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Patriot Ignite 480GB MLC SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (PI480GS25SSDR) $59.97 Shipped

Best Buy has these Patriot 480 GB Ignite SSD's for $59.97 today only. Looks like online only, unless a store nearby happens to have one, free shipped though.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 25th, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
44 replies
Feb 4, 2017
108 posts
160 upvotes
Can not ship to Québec?!?!

Don't get why, there is no user manual with a SSD!
Nov 15, 2009
289 posts
636 upvotes
B.C.
Any resident ssd pro's chime in? Good drive/price?

Seems ssd's are getting dirt cheap these days.
May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada
Definitely not an SSD pro but this brand seems to be legit AFAIK.

I’m not exactly vouching for them, but Tom’s Hardware has a good review linked here: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pa ... 078-2.html

They do have a 3 year warranty according to the review - can anybody confirm that?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on this vs. MX500?
DerekF88346 wrote: for most people, the phrase "one time use" would be a rule, but for RFDers, it is more like a challenge/quest.
Aug 17, 2010
285 posts
168 upvotes
voucher21 wrote: Any resident ssd pro's chime in? Good drive/price?

Seems ssd's are getting dirt cheap these days.
Reviews seem pretty poor on amazon.ca

5 year old drive.. I would just spend $10 more on 3d nand?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
M1k3yRFD wrote: Definitely not an SSD pro but this brand seems to be legit AFAIK.

I’m not exactly vouching for them, but Tom’s Hardware has a good review linked here: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pa ... 078-2.html

They do have a 3 year warranty according to the review - can anybody confirm that?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on this vs. MX500?
I think this drive is older. The mx500 seems to be pretty reliable and seems to be a little faster. So mx500 probably better than this.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1165 posts
199 upvotes
Specs on the Best Buy site has this at the end:
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows, 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X, and Linux systems
So... this predates Windows 10, then? Huh!
I'm not suggesting it won't work with Win10, more that when they initially wrote the specs Windows 10 must not have come out yet and they haven't updated it since...

Definitely considering this for a laptop upgrade (or two)... thanks OP!
Aug 12, 2018
212 posts
198 upvotes
wow how the prices for ssd had fallen
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1551 upvotes
Richmond Hill
no different then when hard drives first came out.

I remember and still have a 4 gig WD hard drive. Forget now how much I paid for it but I'm sure it was over 100 bucks.

Looking forward to a time when storage would be 100 bucks for 100 terabytes, based on Moore's law should be in about 5 years time.
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Still waiting for SSDs to hit $100/TB for larger drives such as 2TB and 4TB. Would love to add a 2TB game drive.
Dec 12, 2010
339 posts
212 upvotes
Good looking out! I was looking for an affordable SSD to upgrade the wife's laptop.
Hey look at me! I got a deal and you didn't. I am therefore superior as I prance around and show them off in my signature.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2244 upvotes
Winnipeg
voucher21 wrote: Seems ssd's are getting dirt cheap these days.
2.5" prices have remained stagnant imho. NVME are coming down at a quicker rate.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
Mwazam82 wrote: Still waiting for SSDs to hit $100/TB for larger drives such as 2TB and 4TB. Would love to add a 2TB game drive.
Already did, on Prime day, 2TB crucial MX500 for $184
Signature removed due to rule violation
Jun 5, 2018
132 posts
163 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
esteban85 wrote: Can not ship to Québec?!?!

Don't get why, there is no user manual with a SSD!
Just the rules for selling in Quebec
Packaging isn't bilingual so no go unfortunately
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25733 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, $60 is very cheap for a 480 GB with 512 MB of DRAM, especially considering it's an MLC SSD.

But the MLC advantage (durability and speed) is kind of negated in the "Final Thoughs" of Tom's Hardware review.

For the ones who won't bother to read it, here is an excerpt:

"The Phison S10 controller with special BCH (Phison's term) allows Patriot to use asynchronous MLC NAND packaged by another company. Because there's an outside agent packaging the flash, we really don't know the quality of the die inside. Micron (the M in IMFT) keeps the best pieces for Lexar, Micron and Crucial products, then sells the rest. Of that [remainder], the highest-quality NAND goes into synchronous flash, while the leftovers trickle down to asynchronous flash for low-cost SSDs and thumb drives."

Just know what you are buying into. Don't expect the longevity of a top tier SSD. But if it's to rejuvenate an old laptop, I can't think of anything else to buy at the moment. It's a Hot Deal!

Anything else would be DRAMless or half the capacity.
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: Already did, on Prime day, 2TB crucial MX500 for $184
I don't have Prime but thats good news. Looking forward to Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals now.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Wow I paid 170 for 512 two prime days ago and thought it was a good deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
OP's deal is close to the 500GB SATA SSD for $50 threshold. We've broken it before, but that or better, is where respect is earned.
vivibaby wrote: Wow I paid 170 for 512 two prime days ago and thought it was a good deal.
Do you have enough computers and laptops for a 10-person office? Consider selling them to computer recyclers or second-hand resellers if you don't need them.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.