Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

PHILLIPS 4K HDR BLURAY PLAYER BEST BUY $100

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2018 7:10 am
Jan 14, 2011
55 posts
55 upvotes
DESERONTO

[Best Buy] PHILLIPS 4K HDR BLURAY PLAYER BEST BUY $100

Good deal for those looking for a 4k Blu Ray Player for a fair price. I found this at Best Buy for $100 bucks. This is the cheapest $4k player I've seen by a large margin. Has Netflix and You Tube, but not the fanciest operating system. However, I have my PS for that. Also is HDR compatible which is great. I also considered the XBOX one S but I have a PS4 already and can not justify the extra $150ish to get one on sale if I will not be gaming on it. Otherwise it is also a great deal IMHO.
90 replies
Dec 23, 2015
325 posts
985 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Great deal
But if you have a ps4 pro
Check if your tv has more then one hdr compatible HDMI slot otherwise you will have to manually switch your HDMI cables when changing devices if you want hdr from both devices
It sucks we are in this in between phase where 4K even when supported is fragmented
Jan 14, 2011
55 posts
55 upvotes
DESERONTO
I checked ahead of time because I had the same concern. Luckily I have 2 that are hdr compatible so good to go!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Dazed2014 wrote: Great deal
But if you have a ps4 pro
Check if your tv has more then one hdr compatible HDMI slot otherwise you will have to manually switch your HDMI cables when changing devices if you want hdr from both devices
It sucks we are in this in between phase where 4K even when supported is fragmented
Agree. Personally, I consider we are still in the infancy stage regarding 4k maturity. Any 4k-related purchase at the point are still considered early adopters IMO.
Jan 14, 2011
55 posts
55 upvotes
DESERONTO
I agree with you. I still have a bad taste in my mouth finding out having my PSVR hooked up to my playstation makes it unable to play HDR content. They did update this issue, but should have been addressed before release.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
2447 posts
701 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Agree. Personally, I consider we are still in the infancy stage regarding 4k maturity. Any 4k-related purchase at the point are still considered early adopters IMO.
Too bad there are already releasing 8k content already.

By the time all these 4k indifferences get sorted out from faction A and faction B (remind you of the Blu ray vs. HD DVD war back in 2004)when the manufacteurs actually get their S*it together we will have 8k available for consumer consumption already.Confused Face
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Even with the best consumer HDR TV (rated by Rtings) at the moment, the panel only covers 75% of the Rec.2020 (uv) gamut.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b7-b7a-oled

Those manufacturers selling TVs and saying "yeah, it does HDR"...I say BS. Only giving us (the consumers) 75% of what should be 100%.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
chatbox wrote: Even with the best consumer HDR TV (rated by Rtings) at the moment, the panel only covers 75% of the Rec.2020 (uv) gamut.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b7-b7a-oled

Those manufacturers selling TVs and saying "yeah, it does HDR"...I say BS. Only giving us (the consumers) 75% of what should be 100%.
Reason there is (will be) HDR+ and then probably full HDR (insert alternative names here lol). Its like like 1080 tv had 1080i, 1080p, then finally full HD just to get rid of confusion (due to the 1080i/720p).

At the end of the day its marketing and probably a good idea to ignore. Instead when buying a TV, probably best to consider how it actually looks to you over whatever is advertised. After all anything advertised as "new" might not make it to mainstream (3D anyone?) or if it does (which HDR and 4k both should), it would take years before there is decent amount of material for it.

That said, HDR today is great for gaming and you can see a clear difference. Its not as advertised but still much better than non-HDR.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
Was going to get an XBOX One X or S on boxing day but thanks. Picked one up to try with my X900E that comes from Costco this Tuesday.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
TheRock2012 wrote: Too bad there are already releasing 8k content already.

By the time all these 4k indifferences get sorted out from faction A and faction B (remind you of the Blu ray vs. HD DVD war back in 2004)when the manufacteurs actually get their S*it together we will have 8k available for consumer consumption already.Confused Face
Traditional providers are still struggling to pump out solid 1080p signals for regular TV (Telus, Shaw,Rogers).

It'll be a while until 4K, let alone 8K will be considered the norm.
Thankfully we have reasonably priced 3rd party providers such as Netflix & Amazon leading the way for streaming 4K content.

Until then, disc-based for true 4K or higher is the best we can hope to see.

On a side note, the possible killing of Net Neutrality will set us so far back that streaming content with such high bandwidth demands as 4K & 8K with not be worth it.
Welcome to the Dark Ages.
I was really enjoying my Telus Fiber 150 Unlimited for $37/mo too.
F U Trump!!!!!! :twisted:
(Yeah I know we're in Canada, but eventually everywhere in North America follows the US as far as regulations go).
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1176 posts
2195 upvotes
Good price but I just got a Roku and am building a Plex 4K library now so unfortunately I'm over the physical media.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Woah! wrote: Traditional providers are still struggling to pump out solid 1080p signals for regular TV (Telus, Shaw,Rogers).

It'll be a while until 4K, let alone 8K will be considered the norm.
Thankfully we have reasonably priced 3rd party providers such as Netflix & Amazon leading the way for streaming 4K content.

Until then, disc-based for true 4K or higher is the best we can hope to see.

On a side note, the possible killing of Net Neutrality will set us so far back that streaming content with such high bandwidth demands as 4K & 8K with not be worth it.
Welcome to the Dark Ages.
I was really enjoying my Telus Fiber 150 Unlimited for $37/mo too.
F U Trump!!!!!! :twisted:
(Yeah I know we're in Canada, but eventually everywhere in North America follows the US as far as regulations go).
I dont think paying customers will accept being pushed around and competition will straighten things out.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Paigne wrote: Its like like 1080 tv had 1080i, 1080p, then finally full HD just to get rid of confusion (due to the 1080i/720p).
Perhaps I've missed something, but what is the difference between 1080p and "full HD"?
May 19, 2005
952 posts
570 upvotes
Kingston
KevinC268 wrote: I dont think paying customers will accept being pushed around and competition will straighten things out.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Good one ! That's the funniest thing I've seen posted in years ~!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
Picked one up at my local BestBuy. Seems to work pretty well so far. NetFlix and regular Blu Ray discs look great. No UHD discs to try out yet.

Thanks OP!
Lorenzo
Dec 8, 2006
627 posts
333 upvotes
Scarborough
there is literally a dearth of material that doesn't cost a small fortune to buy/rent in "true" 4K. I am not interested in "updating" my library and collections all over again. laserdisc to betamax to vhs to dvd to hddvd. ENOUGH!

I HAD to buy a tv as my mother's 40" crt finally broke the legs on the stand it was on for a decade. No surprise there. :P
So she now has the RFD tv of the year. Sony 900E.

I'm not certain how this dedicated player differs from the Xbox though. ...any insights ??
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2470 posts
3646 upvotes
Quebec
Irridion wrote: there is literally a dearth of material that doesn't cost a small fortune to buy/rent in "true" 4K. I am not interested in "updating" my library and collections all over again. laserdisc to betamax to vhs to dvd to hddvd. ENOUGH!

I HAD to buy a tv as my mother's 40" crt finally broke the legs on the stand it was on for a decade. No surprise there. :P
So she now has the RFD tv of the year. Sony 900E.

I'm not certain how this dedicated player differs from the Xbox though. ...any insights ??
Regular Xbox One, yes.
Xbox One Slim or One X, no.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)