Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Playstation Classic - $29.99 (starts April 18)

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2019 3:06 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
1237 posts
476 upvotes
Pluto
I cant explain it, but I always love the Dollarama comments. They just never get old..
Aug 24, 2016
106 posts
179 upvotes
I've waited this long so I might as well hold off for the inevitable $5 bargain bin price by the summer. They completely missed the boat with this one, would almost have to be given for free with any purchase at this point.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4133 posts
866 upvotes
Kitchener
The controllers are quite good. I prefer them over the Xbox 360 ones for games that don't require analog sticks. E.g. SNES games.

The hardware is supposedly around raspberry pi3+ level? And is more powerful than the SNES classic.

The built in emulator is garbage and the games run in low fps. Hacking it is a must. And it is fairly easy.

The psc can emulate things up to n64 well. Retroarch itself has a steep learning curve though because the ui is garbage.

If you do hack it, you will need a USB hub (powered preferred) if you need to have multiple controllers plugged in because one USB is occupied by the USB stick. The $20 insignia one at bestbuy does well.

I do regret buying it though because my laptop does everything better.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Mar 21, 2008
503 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
How much is a second controller? is it cheaper to buy two kits to get a second controller? second controller is probably $29
Oct 13, 2017
129 posts
188 upvotes
Halifax
For all the people that bought it from Walmart last week, you can still price match: https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/products

"Will Walmart match competitor prices?
Absolutely! We pride ourselves on having everyday low prices. So, if you ever find a price that beats ours – we’ll match it. We’ll gladly Ad Match with proof of the current in-store retail price of any local competitor’s ad (printed or digital) for an identical item, provided that the item is in stock.Here’s how you can request an Ad Match:
1. ONLINE:
Visit our Ad Match page and fill in the required details on the form.
Click the “Submit” button. Your request will be forwarded to our Customer Service team and you’ll hear from us shortly.
Please note that when submitting an Ad Match request online, you must provide a URL (website address) to the local competitor’s digital flyer. If you only have a printed copy of the flyer, please request an Ad Match in store.
2. IN STORE:
Present a valid flyer (printed or digital) of any local competitor to a Walmart Associate at checkout.
If approved, your Walmart Associate will match the price on the spot.
Please note that Ad Match is not applicable to: used or refurbished items, clearance sales, combination promotions (i.e. gift with purchase), double or triple coupons, after-sale rebate offers, preferred customer discounts or random discounts (i.e. scratch and save events) offered by other retailers, or competitor misprints or withdrawn or corrected advertisements.We reserve the right to limit quantities. Our “local competitors” and “identical items” are determined by us. Walmart’s Ad Match program may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice."
Oct 3, 2015
478 posts
462 upvotes
Midland, ON
priceman wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:27 am
How much is a second controller? is it cheaper to buy two kits to get a second controller? second controller is probably $29
It comes with two.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1067 posts
669 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo
I'll bite at $19.99!!
Gaming: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media: i5 6400, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Everyday: i5 6400, GTX 1060 6gb, 8GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb, Freedom - Freedom 250mb
Mar 21, 2008
503 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TheMadMax wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:28 am
It comes with two.
dang... i’m in for $29.99

thx!
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1014 posts
362 upvotes
GTA, ON
So- can i buy it at Best Buy today, and then go back on 18th to get price adjusted? (for insurance against OOS on 18th).

Or will Best Buy decline price adjustment on 18th?
Mar 30, 2008
246 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
Lancer2004 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:44 am
I cant explain it, but I always love the Dollarama comments. They just never get old..
Schadenfreude? Or the fact that a legit gaming product can be paid with your pocket change.
Mar 28, 2016
128 posts
60 upvotes
Sweet, time to buy Spider-Man! I've been waiting for it to hit $30.
Mar 21, 2008
503 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What happened to NES and SNES Classic??? i thought they just came out... can’t find them for sale at the usual stores... discontinued already??