Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Playstation Classic - $29.99 (starts April 18)

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2019 3:06 pm
Dec 23, 2011
184 posts
99 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Might see it at Dollarama next week
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Are you telling me if I always installed emulators on my compatible tv connected devices (except the Pis) but never played with them, I should not get this one?
If you already have emulators/games for the systems u want to play, on another device and controllers setup, and you don't use that, what's the point of getting the PSC? It's the same thing basically.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
zentro wrote: If you already have emulators/games for the systems u want to play, on another device and controllers setup, and you don't use that, what's the point of getting the PSC? It's the same thing basically.
Some people want OEM hardware for nostalgia or to display / collect, having a classic system feels a bit nicer than hooking a PC or Android box to the TV, even though the end result might be the same. At least that's how I feel.
Nov 27, 2016
140 posts
68 upvotes
Thanks OP, going to get it at this price point. If they lower it down further I wish Sony luck and they don't sell another building ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3787 posts
6268 upvotes
quickfg2 wrote: Might see it at Dollarama next week
Good luck in getting one If it did sell for $4. Once word is posted on the RFD forums, a determined RFDer or lurker will traverse through the GTA buying it all up and cleaning out every Dollarama's inventory. To get them ready to flip on Kijiji, Craigslist, Ebay or a flea market stall.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote: Some people want OEM hardware for nostalgia or to display / collect, having a classic system feels a bit nicer than hooking a PC or Android box to the TV, even though the end result might be the same. At least that's how I feel.
Yeah I understand, I got one as well, but mostly just to mess with modding and to have a portable system for 2 player games. $30 is cheap for something like this. I thought the previous poster was asking a question if they should get this, when they have an android box with emulation capabilities that they don't use.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
spol wrote: Because it sucks out of the box and if you have to mod it, then just get a Pi3.
Pi is more expensive than $29, doesn't come with a controller, some games have emulation issue, and it has overheating problems unless you have the proper fan set up and potentially even then.

I think the $29 price is good enough tbh, only question is if you're actually gonna play the games or not.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8665 upvotes
GTA
maritrunks wrote: I have the orginal PSOne, is there any reason to buy this is classic?
I have a couple myself. If you have it modded then you can play the same games burned to CD. Of course the PSC would get rid of loading times because it is digital, and has no moving parts like the laser which can get worn. But both of mine work great and I even 'repaired' one by taking it apart and greasing the rails. Works as good as new.

There is a product you can use with the PS1 models with the serial port called PSIO. It allows you to copy ROMS to a media card and play them from there, no more need for discs. It is pretty expensive though and you need to download updates and have an account linked to the product, which means you might not be able to resell it. Still a cool idea, maybe some Chinese manufacturer will get their hands on it and figure out how to mass produce it.

PS-IO
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
maritrunks wrote: I have the orginal PSOne, is there any reason to buy this is classic?
Basically, you could load every PSOne game in existence on this PSC using an ultraslim USB key, and loading a proper emulator.

Now whether the 30+ year old established men on this board will make use of the PSC, or have it gather dust after an impulse buy... perhaps that's the better question.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
torontoracoon wrote: Patience, it will hit $0.99 soon.
Lol- and with zen level patience, Sony will pay people $10 to buy this.

I picked up one from BB yesterday. Will be going back on 18th for price adjustment. Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
wolfpack27616 wrote: Lol- and with zen level patience, Sony will pay people $10 to buy this.

I picked up one from BB yesterday. Will be going back on 18th for price adjustment. Thanks OP!
They don't price adjustment for VIP. Not sure where people are getting this idea from, otherwise they would stock out now in anticipation.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: They don't price adjustment for VIP. Not sure where people are getting this idea from, otherwise they would stock out now in anticipation.
You sure? I have had luck buying in advance and Price adjusting during sale in the past at BB. (I always take in the boxed item in the past while doing price adjustment)

Their process goes like return item/get refund and then buy item again at the lower price, so why's it not possible?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1126 posts
1028 upvotes
At this price, I can justify buying it for destruction derby and twisted metal. I may also pick up Spiderman as well for $30!
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
So tempted but I almost never play my NES mini.

As a busy dad it's hard to find time to sit and play,
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Spaceballs wrote: Where can I find a CRT to use this ?
Comes with HDMI, bud. The homebrew emulator takes care of the video settings.

It's 2019.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
kool1 wrote: So tempted but I almost never play my NES mini.

As a busy dad it's hard to find time to sit and play,
Same here. I probably haven't touched my NES Classic in over a year but I play quite a few NES games on my Switch with Nintendo Switch Online. Not being tied to a TV to play is amazing!

I'm pretty sure if I bought a Playstation Classic it'd also just sit around collecting dust but I still kind of want to pick one up.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)