Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Playstation Classic - $29.99 (starts April 18)

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2019 3:06 pm
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2736 posts
63 upvotes
Thornhill
jacky190424 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 6:03 pm
Why so many haters on PS Classic but a lot nintendo classic diehard?
Because it sucks out of the box and if you have to mod it, then just get a Pi3.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
Angultra wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 12:37 pm
I remember the outrage at that one. They should've thrown one in, but I don't have a problem since most people have one kicking around. It was more serious not including one with the 3DS XL since it's proprietary.
Reminds me of the PS3 launch when people went ballistic that it didn't come with an HDMI cable. Granted, HDMI cables were still a bit pricey then, compared to these chargers which you can find in any random drawer at home.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10555 posts
10627 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 6:29 pm
Published April 14, 2019

AutoBleem Releases: https://github.com/screemerpl/cbleemsync/releases
PlayStation Classic Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... IPUQ_d5OHw

From the Video Author:
64gb Drive: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJRS6QY/
8Bitdo Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetoo ... 07L334WXC/
Genesis Mini Amazon US Preorder: https://www.amazon.com/Sega-Genesis-Mini/dp/B07PFT19MG/
Mega Drive Mini Amazon UK Preorder: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NVMYB7K/
I might be slowly convincing myself to buy this.
Mar 12, 2017
127 posts
58 upvotes
If you have a USB port on your HDTV, can't you just use that to power the PS Classic? Or do you still need the wall adapter? I have a spare old USB AC adapters lying around. But not sure if it's going to have enough juice to power this mini-console.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'm gonna pick up this console. With all the talk that the emulation is very poor. I don't need yet another electronic device and more controllers and another box in my mancave taking up space and collecting dust. Haha. My mancave is a **** disaster. I actually own an Ouya and a Madcatz MOJO. lmao. Maybe they'll be worth something one day. The Ouya was absolutely terrible (if I modded the firmware with Google Play, maybe it would be better). And the Madcatz Mojo's came with Google Play natively but the controller has serious compatibility issues with it being a third-party product. I can't get it to work with a lot of Google Play games. Google did come out with a first-party Android game console (Nexus Player) but very few people gave a shit and it died. I never bothered to pick one up because I told myself enough is enough. Haha.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1349 posts
842 upvotes
Land
Let see if BestBuy sell out at that price..
If not, it might go lower in months ahead
. . . .

No Karma for malicious instigators...

. . . .
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4813 posts
3607 upvotes
Toronto
NEETtrader wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 6:45 pm
If you have a USB port on your HDTV, can't you just use that to power the PS Classic? Or do you still need the wall adapter? I have a spare old USB AC adapters lying around. But not sure if it's going to have enough juice to power this mini-console.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'm gonna pick up this console. With all the talk that the emulation is very poor. I don't need yet another electronic device and more controllers and another box in my mancave taking up space and collecting dust. Haha. My mancave is a **** disaster. I actually own an Ouya and a Madcatz MOJO. lmao. Maybe they'll be worth something one day. The Ouya was absolutely terrible (if I modded the firmware with Google Play, maybe it would be better). And the Madcatz Mojo's came with Google Play natively but the controller has serious compatibility issues with it being a third-party product. I can't get it to work with a lot of Google Play games. Google did come out with a first-party Android game console (Nexus Player) but very few people gave a shit and it died. I never bothered to pick one up because I told myself enough is enough. Haha.
If that USB port provides at least 1A 5V then yes you could use that, but technically 2A 5V might be better.

If you don't need it, don't get it, it will collect dust for sure. If you enjoy modding stuff and emulation and so on then maybe this is for you.

Pretty much any PC can run RetroArch/emulators, if u got a controller already, you could already be emulating dozens of systems if you wanted to. This system is more for portability and modding.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2207 posts
1682 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
BranCracker wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 9:16 pm
A few other good game deals coming that day too:
They still want $40 for NHL 19? Wtf usually it's like $20 at this time.
Mar 21, 2008
301 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton
It's been at 39.99$ at Walmart for the pass week. I am glad I held off, definitely taking this deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1428 posts
848 upvotes
Ottawa
zentro wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 6:54 pm
If that USB port provides at least 1A 5V then yes you could use that, but technically 2A 5V might be better.

If you don't need it, don't get it, it will collect dust for sure. If you enjoy modding stuff and emulation and so on then maybe this is for you.

Pretty much any PC can run RetroArch/emulators, if u got a controller already, you could already be emulating dozens of systems if you wanted to. This system is more for portability and modding.
Are you telling me if I always installed emulators on my compatible tv connected devices (except the Pis) but never played with them, I should not get this one?
Oct 16, 2017
252 posts
967 upvotes
I'm waiting for $9.99 and I'm not joking.
If it's a buck more than the above price, i'm not getting it.
Last edited by GroundBus on Apr 15th, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 23, 2011
26 posts
10 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Might see it at Dollarama next week
Nov 20, 2017
709 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
quickfg2 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:11 pm
Might see it at Dollarama next week
HAHAHA!

What an original and humourous joke!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4813 posts
3607 upvotes
Toronto
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:55 pm
Are you telling me if I always installed emulators on my compatible tv connected devices (except the Pis) but never played with them, I should not get this one?
If you already have emulators/games for the systems u want to play, on another device and controllers setup, and you don't use that, what's the point of getting the PSC? It's the same thing basically.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6921 posts
2743 upvotes
Toronto
zentro wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:26 pm
If you already have emulators/games for the systems u want to play, on another device and controllers setup, and you don't use that, what's the point of getting the PSC? It's the same thing basically.
Some people want OEM hardware for nostalgia or to display / collect, having a classic system feels a bit nicer than hooking a PC or Android box to the TV, even though the end result might be the same. At least that's how I feel.
Nov 27, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks OP, going to get it at this price point. If they lower it down further I wish Sony luck and they don't sell another building ;)