Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

PlayStation VR Doom VFR Bundle with Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, The Inpatient & RIGS $379.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2018 12:45 pm
Mar 3, 2017
109 posts
62 upvotes
3 extra games is definitely a wicked deal. I originally got the Doom bundle but brought it back for the Skyrim bundle. Skyrim being the better game and the move controllers are $100 anyways if you want them. I don't even know why they bother selling Rick and Morty with this bundle without the move controllers. The game is essentially unplayable without them.
May 17, 2013
368 posts
336 upvotes
GWN
Viper98 wrote: I would highly suggest trying before you buy if possible.
VR is awesome, but the SDE on current headsets WILL be intolerable for many people.
Since you can't return these if you don't like them, it's definitely best to try first.
Buy from Amazon. They allow 30 days to return it, but I recommend giving your brain time to get accustomed to it. After the first week I thought I would have to return it....after the second week I was sure I would return it. After playing Wipeout VR I concluded I would never return it.

I can play VR for hours now (recently had a 8 hour skyrim session....with breaks). If your brain hasn't learned how to adapt then jumping into games with locomotion (hello RE7) will make you puke, so I trained my brain daily even if only for a short while I exposed my brain to VR everyday. The moment I felt sickness coming on I would quit....and sometimes I literally had to go take a nap because my brain was exhausted, but I am glad I spent the time because it is very immersive and nothing is quite like it.

I have been testing it on various people from many ages groups since I have a large family. About half of the older people are fine with it (ages 40-60) and almost 2/3 of the younger people (18-30) have problems but adapt quickly. It seems the if you are older it can take longer to adapt.
There are some great articles on simulator sickness with decades of research behind them and they concluded most people can adapt so I stuck with it.

...as for buying used.....yuck. I would prefer new and cleaned after use instead of some greasy slimy used model.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)