Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Polk Audio RM 6750 HT at $0 when you buy a receiver

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2017 6:05 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
CC doesn't get charged until item ships.

However, you will see a "pending" transaction on your cc when you order.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1567 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary
VertigoM wrote: CC doesn't get charged until item ships.

However, you will see a "pending" transaction on your cc when you order.
The order status shows the amount as “charged” and not 0.00
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
silentsim wrote: The order status shows the amount as “charged” and not 0.00
Doesn't matter what the order status says. I'm referring to the charge on the cc. It's a Pre-authorized (Pending) transaction until the item ships. Says so right on the website:

"Online Orders
While your order is being processed we'll pre-authorize the purchase on your method of payment to make sure there are sufficient funds. However, your method of payment is not actually charged until your online order has been shipped. For Scheduled Delivery items, you will be charged when a delivery date has been scheduled."
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3719 posts
1680 upvotes
Haris wrote: so follow the same routine like before.

Buy a receiver, and speakers online. Return the receiver after . It works because they are listed as 2 different items (not a bundle) on the invoice. 100% of discount towards speakers
That's called fraud or theft depending on your point of view, be sure to file a police report 9nce your done and turn yourself in. Comments like This make everyone at RFD look bad, perhaps you should visit another forum.
Jul 23, 2012
521 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
You do know what fraud and theft are?

Fraud: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

No deception has been done, since this is being processed through a website with credit cards (unless the cards are fraudulent *gasp*)

Theft: the action or crime of stealing.

How can one be stealing when again the purchase is made through a digital store with credit cards (which are tied to a billing address, not a very bright thief)

Dunno if you're trolling or being serious.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3719 posts
1680 upvotes
If you are deceiving the person at the till into thinking you paid less than you did, or give back less value than you received, in order to rip them off, then it easily meets the definition of criminal deception.

As to theft, certainly nobody ever said criminals were smart, in fact most are not.
It fits fraud better than outright theft definitions, but it's really just semantics anyhow, you know it's wrong and just make excuses to justify it.
Last edited by dvdvideo on Dec 8th, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
I just saw this thread now so im obviously late.

I hope many gets this deal for all the time BB refused PMing with their BS excuses.

As for the sensitive people, i cant even talk to you!!!
Jul 23, 2012
521 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
dvdvideo wrote: If you are deceiving the person at the till into thinking you paid less than you did, or give back less value than you received, in order to rip them off, then it easily meets the definition of criminal deception.

As to theft, certainly nobody ever said criminals were smart, in fact most are not.
It fits fraud better than outright theft definitions, but it's really just semantics anyhow, you know it's wrong and just make excuses to justify it.
Semantics are important, especially when accusing an individual or a group, in order to make your own argument strong, concise and valid.

If Best Buy fails to mention that the items are bundled or linked in anyway together, there's nothing bureaucratically wrong in returning one item and keeping the other. If they issue a notice about the error then it's a completely different kettle of fish, and it's silly to try and argue at that point to keep the speakers for $0.

This is a topic that has no right or wrong, as it's up to one's own judgement and what they feel is "right" for themselves when it comes to deals like this one.

EDIT: Missed the ' for one's
Nov 27, 2013
40 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary
silentsim wrote: Was charged but not shipped. Bet it gets cancelled.
It wont. This is not the first time BB is releasing this model with the same offer. In the last 12 months, I have witnessed 3-4 different instances when this "pricing error" occured. On each instance the price went back after noon. To me its not a pricing error on their part but more of a marketing strategy to have more people hitting their website, finding the product is not available for that price and end up grabbing some other model which runs on discount. This has been an ongoing pattern.

PS: I bought a receiver + speaker set when this price adjustment came in June. Ended up buying a Denon S720W+Polk 5.1 speakers for $500+GST (Denon alone was $450)
Dec 27, 2012
164 posts
91 upvotes
Bowmanville
beneran89 wrote: Semantics are important, especially when accusing an individual or a group, in order to make your own argument strong, concise and valid.

If Best Buy fails to mention that the items are bundled or linked in anyway together, there's nothing bureaucratically wrong in returning one item and keeping the other. If they issue a notice about the error then it's a completely different kettle of fish, and it's silly to try and argue at that point to keep the speakers for $0.

This is a topic that has no right or wrong, as it's up to one's own judgement and what they feel is "right" for themselves when it comes to deals like this one.

EDIT: Missed the ' for one's
No, there is a clear right and wrong in this case. Whether or not you want to justify to yourselves that what you are doing isn't wrong, however, is up to you.
Jun 26, 2013
985 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
I did a in store pick up. I have the email confirmation stating the price. When I went to pick it up, the store manager denied to honor the price and states that it was glitch on email that I received. He was arrogant and terrible to deal with. Is there any way I can escalate or get this worked?
Dec 26, 2004
817 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for placing an order for POLK AUDIO RM6750 HT SPEAKER SYSTEM. We're sorry to tell you that there was a pricing error in our system, and as a result we were forced to cancel your order. We'll make sure your method of payment is not charged.

To apologize we'd like to offer you a $25.00 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca. In order to use your eCertificate you must have an account on BestBuy.ca and a valid credit card*.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1705 posts
1031 upvotes
MB
ARK wrote: Thanks for placing an order for POLK AUDIO RM6750 HT SPEAKER SYSTEM. We're sorry to tell you that there was a pricing error in our system, and as a result we were forced to cancel your order. We'll make sure your method of payment is not charged.

To apologize we'd like to offer you a $25.00 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca. In order to use your eCertificate you must have an account on BestBuy.ca and a valid credit card*.
Got the same message. They said they shipped the receiver already.
Last edited by ktokes12 on Dec 8th, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8553 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
Got the same email. Oh well, at least I get $25.
Mar 2, 2014
91 posts
66 upvotes
I have not received a cancellation email so far. Maybe it's because I checked out as a guest ?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
I sold these allllloootttt when at futureshop. They're really good low/mid range speakers. The major issue we had with our demo models were people blowing the subs. At least 3 times during my run there. As long as you're careful you'll be fine. Regardless it's a wicked deal
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
Mine are still new in box. I haven't decided what to do with them as I already have a Polk 7.1 setup with better speakers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)