[OP]
Jan 21, 2012
138 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Polk HTS 12" Subwoofer $349.99

Hot deal on a Polk HTS 12.

Black version retails at $650.

It gets a very favourable review from avsforum with a Top Choice selection.

https://www.avsforum.com/review-polk-ht ... er-review/

Was looking at the F12 but the port design on the Polk makes it less boomy, maybe better for music as well.
22 replies
Oct 18, 2018
672 posts
266 upvotes
It goes on sale for this price many times a year...cold as the weather right now in Canada
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2400 posts
1071 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 9:24 pm
It goes on sale for this price many times a year...cold as the weather right now in Canada
So it's on sale, but has been on sale a few times before so, cold deal? And downvote? Lol
Aug 11, 2011
253 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Please don't listen to this guy.

These subwoofers went on sale for $450 during Black Friday and then for $400 during boxing week.

I've personally never seen them this low, IMO it's a great price.
Jul 28, 2010
637 posts
259 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Thinking of a different Polk 12" sub?

Thanks OP. Good deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3088 posts
515 upvotes
Water loo
BlueLightSpecial wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 12:20 am
Thinking of a different Polk 12" sub?

Thanks OP. Good deal.
This has gone one sale at least twice since boxing day for this price since I first noticed it.
I was comparing it to the BIC F12.

discussions at:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subw ... eview.html
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subw ... ubs-2.html
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2452 posts
2624 upvotes
Calgary
Just want to say about one thing about sub. If you need sub, researched on the net and spend the money. You will be happy and sub will last life time even when you upgrade your AVR/AMP, you don't need to upgrade your sub.
I use to spend/waste money on subwoofer thinking I don't need what internet forum recommended. I was wrong after waste about over $5000 and regret it.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Oct 18, 2018
672 posts
266 upvotes
Marphyin wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 12:59 pm
Just want to say about one thing about sub. If you need sub, researched on the net and spend the money. You will be happy and sub will last life time even when you upgrade your AVR/AMP, you don't need to upgrade your sub.
I use to spend/waste money on subwoofer thinking I don't need what internet forum recommended. I was wrong after waste about over $5000 and regret it.
I would rather visit Thrift stores nearby and pick up active & passive Subs below $60 ... in 2018 i found a 10inch powered Onkyo Sub paid only $24 at Thrift Store... i tend to spend less and get premium experience
Jul 20, 2009
245 posts
311 upvotes
It’s been on sale for $349 a couple of times since Boxing Day for the brown. Visions had the black for the same price but didn’t actually have any stock. I just got my black from visions about a week ago, it took 6 weeks to get it. I had the brown one before from Best Buy which I returned since the black matches the rest of my speakers.

This sub is amazing. It has lots of punch but the bass is very clean and never sounds distorted. I’m very happy with it and would highly recommend it. If you don’t like it, just return it to Best Buy rather than buying something online and running the risk of it not being up to par.

Also important is that it looks outstanding. It won’t be a hideous piece of equipment that you’ll have to try and hide.
Dec 10, 2012
243 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
pumpkinpieaddict wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 1:53 pm
Something like $200 Canadian + $107 for shipping (CAD). Don't know the duties/taxes on this, anyone have an idea how this compares to say the BIC America F12 for $325 Canadian on Amazon?
I have this 12" and a 15". Both sounds awesome and have held up well over 5 years. I would put this up against many others I have owned over the years (Energy, Nuance, Mirage, Polk). I live close to the border so ship to my box in Sumas, WA for free.
Oct 18, 2018
672 posts
266 upvotes
oilerfan4lyfe wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 2:00 pm
It’s been on sale for $349 a couple of times since Boxing Day for the brown. Visions had the black for the same price but didn’t actually have any stock. I just got my black from visions about a week ago, it took 6 weeks to get it. I had the brown one before from Best Buy which I returned since the black matches the rest of my speakers.

This sub is amazing. It has lots of punch but the bass is very clean and never sounds distorted. I’m very happy with it and would highly recommend it. If you don’t like it, just return it to Best Buy rather than buying something online and running the risk of it not being up to par.

Also important is that it looks outstanding. It won’t be a hideous piece of equipment that you’ll have to try and hide.
You are absolutely right... iv seen this at this price many times a year.. iam not misleading anyone.. this is a Cold deal.. it will be Hot @$200
Nov 16, 2006
762 posts
263 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
I wouldn't buy any sub unless the auto-on circuit could be disabled. Too problematic for many people. Unfortunately in this sub it cannot be disabled. I want "always on" and not too lazy to get up from the couch to shut it off myself when I'm done with it rather than have it not start when needed. I would leave a sub always on anyway unless going away for the weekend. That being said, even the auto on feature on the SVS sub I used to own didn't work 100% as expected. However, on the back of the sub you could toggle the switch from Auto to On. I also prefer a sub with phase continuously variable, not just 0 or 180.
Aug 11, 2011
253 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 2:20 pm
You are absolutely right... iv seen this at this price many times a year.. iam not misleading anyone.. this is a Cold deal.. it will be Hot @$200
Disappointing to know it's been $350 many times. I guess the Black Friday and Boxing week prices were "fake" sales.

Despite this I somehow doubt this sub would sell for as little as @200 unless it was EOL and they were trying to clear out remaining stock.