Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Pre-order: Tile Mate (2018) Bluetooth Item Tracker 4 Pack & Google Home Mini for $69.99

[OP]
Oct 19, 2010
39 posts
92 upvotes

[Best Buy] Pre-order: Tile Mate (2018) Bluetooth Item Tracker 4 Pack & Google Home Mini for $69.99

Pre-order: Tile Mate (2018) Bluetooth Item Tracker 4 Pack & Google Home Mini for $69.99.

I am going to order a set of 4 new Tile Mate tracker anyway; then found out bestbuy.ca bundles a Google Mini with set of 4 Tile Mate trackers for $69.99 (cheaper than Amazon.ca sells for the same set of new Tile Mate tracker). I do not know how well those tracker works; but this year new model allows battery replacement.

I hope this helps somone.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 7th, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
128 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3502 posts
1274 upvotes
Canada
Good deal on something that I don't need but I want. RFD has not been nice to my wallet this week and BF and BD aren't even here yet.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Dec 12, 2012
239 posts
226 upvotes
Saskatchewan
My wallet is not giving me any thanks these last few weeks. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday around the corner and Boxing Day to arrive shortly after, I fear what is to come next. All that aside.

I did manage to get my hands on a two-pack of Tile Pro's from Amazon two weeks ago before they went out of stock/pre-order (shipped from the US, ordered from Amazon Canada). Tile seems to have did a much better job on the Tile Pro (2018) when compared to the Tile Sport. The newer Pro's are better as due to having a replaceable battery, they added more structure to the middle of the Tile which makes it immensely more rigid and less likely to fail from being compressed (sat on, external pressures). Tracking distance is improved, I haven't tried using it from 300 feet away with line of sight, it can be a hit and miss at home depending on the building materials. Another big improvement is the volume of the ringer is much louder than the Sport. The increased volume is great when the Tile's speaker is being blocked by a couch cushion or something similar.

With the previous model, I bought four and two of them randomly died. One failed within two months and the other arrived DOA after coming home from BestBuy. The replacement has worked for 8-9 months and is just starting to have issues with its piezoelectric speaker (works when compressing it). Having a battery that is not replaceable unless you use destructive methods is counterintuitive. As far as I can tell, at the very least Tile has made good improvements with the 2018 edition. The replaceable battery removes a common point of failure from previous Tiles.
Jun 10, 2008
69 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks, great price! Thought I lost a car smart key last year, good thing I had a second one and held off getting a replacement for about $250 all in. Found it 6 months later, but don't want to go through that again.
Nov 23, 2017
119 posts
310 upvotes
I crowdfunded the original tile on indiegogo years ago, and they worked pretty well for their short lifecycle. I think my price then was like $60 for 4, which wasn’t too bad. When tile became mainstream the prices went up, and I couldn’t justify buying new ones at the inflated prices knowing that they only last a year. This is the first deal on tiles I have seen since the beginning that has me sold.
Sep 22, 2016
145 posts
116 upvotes
Hmm.. I still have 2 tracker that I haven't used.. should I jump on this one?
Dec 11, 2007
203 posts
43 upvotes
Thanks op. Ordered. I've used tiles for a a few years now. They work great.
Dec 16, 2012
336 posts
357 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP! Been looking at Tiles a couple of months back, but did not pull the trigger due to lack of replacement batteries. The upgrade + the Google home mini sealed the deal for me!
😁
Apr 2, 2006
995 posts
114 upvotes
Same price without the Google Home Mini which I don't really need. I guess I can sell it separate after.

Have been wanting to try this but haven't jumped on it because of the non-replaceable battery. May give it a try.

Thanks OP!
Oct 15, 2008
560 posts
129 upvotes
London
Is the Pro version worth the extra $40?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1161 posts
672 upvotes
Waterloo
do you need the premium subscription to use the new 2018 tiles?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1671 posts
1013 upvotes
Hmm.. I still have 2 tracker that I haven't used.. should I jump on this one?
You answered your own question : )