Tags:
None
[OP]
May 8, 2006
115 posts
1 upvote
Port Perry

Best Buy Preorder of Video Game

What are peoples' experiences with preordering a video game through Best Buy's website?
I recently preordered an xbox game on Oct.1. when I ordered it it had quantity left, then a few days later the stock for online was out of stock. The release date was Oct 19 and my game has not shipped yet and is out of stock and Best Buy said it takes 2-3 days after the release of the game for it to ship from their warehouse. So today is 3 days and the game still hasn't shipped. I think they didnt allocate enough stock for their online store and now theyre waiting for more stock and I have to wait for that to come in.
2012 Wins $0

2006 XBOX 360 Winner
2010 BluRay Home Theatre System Winner
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4250 posts
620 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Shouldn't be too long. They get new stock pretty quick on new games.
[OP]
May 8, 2006
115 posts
1 upvote
Port Perry
The thing is I preordered it. So shouldn't they have a set amount of stock that they would allow to be preordered? Shouldn't any preordered games be shipped the day or day after of the release. Instead they told me it's out of stock and will ship when they get more.
2012 Wins $0

2006 XBOX 360 Winner
2010 BluRay Home Theatre System Winner
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3434 posts
283 upvotes
Downtown Canada
They should.

But unfortunately, this underscores the fact that while big retailers are all jumping on the preorder bandwagon, they are losing sight of what "pre-order" really means. There was a time the shops used it as a proper reservation system, to know how many units to order in. Now it's just a way to get your money up front, sometimes months in advance. But if you're not there early enough, too bad so sad.

I've been burned a couple times, and it's a valuable lesson. I never preorder anymore, unless there is a significant savings AND I don't need it right at launch. Or maybe if there is some kind of bonus that can be collected at a midnight launch. Because even places like EB Games can't seem to get their heads around the idea of keeping the bonus with the preorders to ensure quantities and thus customer satisfaction.
:cool:
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2074 posts
527 upvotes
Ottawa
I preordered on BB.ca couple times and they always shipped the games the day of release. But i have heard horror stories of them shipping like couple weeks after (Batman Arkham Asylum comes to mind).
Jun 15, 2009
183 posts
72 upvotes
I preordered transformers war for cybertron and didnt receive my copy till about 3 weeks later. The annoying part was the site would show that it was in stock but still didn't ship