• Dec 20th, 2015 10:21 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 25, 2004
253 posts
43 upvotes

Best Buy Price Match

I was recently refused an online price match between visions.ca and Best Buy. The item I wanted was on sale until December 23rd at Visions. The CSR said the Visions price was a "limited time offer", so I was denied. That's one of the denial reasons on the Best Buy site so it's hard to argue with that. That being said, they could use this excuse any time a competitor has something on sale. They're essentially only price matching regular priced items.

It's their loss, I bought the item at Visions, and will try to avoid BB in the future.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3907 posts
1019 upvotes
Toronto
why would you avoid them? they are just adhering to their policy. visions has the same policy

just support the store that has the cheaper price
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2816 posts
1389 upvotes
Edmonton
gacomeau1 wrote: I was recently refused an online price match between visions.ca and Best Buy. The item I wanted was on sale until December 23rd at Visions. The CSR said the Visions price was a "limited time offer", so I was denied. That's one of the denial reasons on the Best Buy site so it's hard to argue with that. That being said, they could use this excuse any time a competitor has something on sale. They're essentially only price matching regular priced items.

It's their loss, I bought the item at Visions, and will try to avoid BB in the future.
You should have spoken to the manager. That information is asinine and incorrect...but good for you for supporting a Canadian retailer who offered the better price in the first place.

...and by the way, the majority of the personnel at Best Buy are idiots (personal opinion).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2816 posts
1389 upvotes
Edmonton
hitman_24 wrote: you didnt read the fine print did you?
every store has the "fine print" to avoid a pm if they so desire.
pming is always ymmv
Good Lord! :rolleyes:
:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3907 posts
1019 upvotes
Toronto
starchoice wrote: Good Lord! :rolleyes:
:facepalm:
youre either naive or havent read many posts in this forum in regards to PMing if you think that its painless at any store that offers PM
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2816 posts
1389 upvotes
Edmonton
hitman_24 wrote: youre either naive or havent read many posts in this forum in regards to PMing if you think that its painless at any store that offers PM
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25972 posts
11411 upvotes
hitman_24 wrote: youre either naive or havent read many posts in this forum in regards to PMing if you think that its painless at any store that offers PM
Pretty much yeah.
Bestbuy is terrible for it too.
Very few retailers have a painless PM experience.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2243 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
Depends on the retailers "Conditions that apply" If the wording is incorrect and they're denying you, it's pretty much false advertising.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2392 posts
2039 upvotes
Richmond Hill
price match at BB always painful.
they try everything to decline you, plus even if they PM, they just give me lower price (just match) instead of extra 10% different.

their stuff and manager always very creative to make up BS reason.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3233 posts
7549 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
OP, just curious what the item in question was? I've skimmed through the online Visions flyer and didn't see any items mentioning "limited time offer".
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25972 posts
11411 upvotes
trystee wrote: OP, just curious what the item in question was? I've skimmed through the online Visions flyer and didn't see any items mentioning "limited time offer".
It doesn't even have to be listed for some places to deny it.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3233 posts
7549 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
death_hawk wrote: It doesn't even have to be listed for some places to deny it.
I've rarely had this experience at BB personally. The only time I've been denied was for the same "limited time offer" reasoning and it was legit (the flyer I tried to PM did have the exception written on it).

And no, I do not nor have I ever worked for BB. :)