Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 24, 2006
295 posts
193 upvotes
Vancouver

Best Buy Printer Return Policy

I was wondering what the return policy for a printer at Best Buy was. I'd like to test mine out and make sure it's working but I heard that if I use the toner I can't return it if there is something wrong. Could someone please clarify this issue for me, please? I bought it on sale and pricematched if that changes anything. Thanks.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10868 posts
2206 upvotes
Kingston
For such a specific question I would go to their website and find their return policy (presumably you can find this yourself), then maybe give them a call if it isn't clear.

Even if someone tells you what they think here, I don't think BB will accept the explanation that "someone on RFD told me that....."
[OP]
Dec 24, 2006
295 posts
193 upvotes
Vancouver
I have already tried phoning 3 different Best Buys over 4 Times.. I can't get through for some reason and I can't find anything specific to printers. Their return policy for printers is 14 days but it doesn't say anything else so I'm just hoping there's no hidden rule somewhere that says if I use the toner to test it I can't return it. I just wanted someone who has experience with returning BestBuy printers to either confirm or deny the toner thing or apprise me of anything I may have missed.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3353 posts
66 upvotes
Eidola wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 7:16 pm
I have already tried phoning 3 different Best Buys over 4 Times.. I can't get through for some reason and I can't find anything specific to printers. Their return policy for printers is 14 days but it doesn't say anything else so I'm just hoping there's no hidden rule somewhere that says if I use the toner to test it I can't return it. I just wanted someone who has experience with returning BestBuy printers to either confirm or deny the toner thing or apprise me of anything I may have missed.
Suppose some1 on here was successful, u might not be as lucky and get rejected. Just give it a shot, you already lose (bought printer and used it), you can only gain from trying. =)
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
Eidola wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 6:40 pm
I was wondering what the return policy for a printer at Best Buy was. I'd like to test mine out and make sure it's working but I heard that if I use the toner I can't return it if there is something wrong. Could someone please clarify this issue for me, please? I bought it on sale and pricematched if that changes anything. Thanks.
Need a printer to get some hard copies of your photos, huh? If you have recently bought the printer and it genuinely doesn't work, you're covered under the return policy, within the published timeframe.

If you're just 'borrowing' the printer, then that's a whole different kettle of fish and for that you can read the Best Buy policies online, phone a store or *gasp* pop in and ask someone.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2006
295 posts
193 upvotes
Vancouver
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 9:48 pm
Need a printer to get some hard copies of your photos, huh? If you have recently bought the printer and it genuinely doesn't work, you're covered under the return policy, within the published timeframe.

If you're just 'borrowing' the printer, then that's a whole different kettle of fish and for that you can read the Best Buy policies online, phone a store or *gasp* pop in and ask someone.
No no. I need to clarify I think. I mean more exchange. I'm just worried about it being defective and so I hope that they'll trade me for a new one if it breaks.

And if I were going to buy a printer to make photos I definitely wouldn't buy a B/W laser to print them...
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2564 posts
136 upvotes
Eidola wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 2:11 am
No no. I need to clarify I think. I mean more exchange. I'm just worried about it being defective and so I hope that they'll trade me for a new one if it breaks.

And if I were going to buy a printer to make photos I definitely wouldn't buy a B/W laser to print them...
this is more common sense than anything. it's broken, why would they expect you to keep it? of course you can exchange it. :lol:
[OP]
Dec 24, 2006
295 posts
193 upvotes
Vancouver
Insider wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 2:40 am
this is more common sense than anything. it's broken, why would they expect you to keep it? of course you can exchange it. :lol:
I've had bad experiences with electronics and stores not exchanging them... lol. Anyways, thanks. That's all I really needed to know.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
I bought a Brother printer from BB last week. The instructions inside the box say "don't take back to store, contact Brother" so I registered it immediately with Brother after trying it out (yes, I had to open the toner that came with it). Maybe Brother doesn't want us returning their printers and buying other brands, or they know the stores will mess up the repairs ... just thinking.

Btw it was a DCP-7030 and it works fine, except that the flat bed makes copying and scanning a pain because you have to put 1 sheet of original at a time on the glass bed (not fed through paper feed).