Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Propel Star Wars X-Wing Battling Quadcopter Drone

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2018 3:47 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4909 posts
4914 upvotes
Ontario

[Best Buy] Propel Star Wars X-Wing Battling Quadcopter Drone

Good News! The Propel Star Wars X-Wing Battling Quadcopter Drone Is now $39.99 this one was almost 70 up till recent where the other 2 were $39.99.
The Tie Fighter went up by $10.

$39.99: Propel Star Wars X-Wing Battling Quadcopter Drone
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pr ... 64780.aspx?

$39.99: Propel Star Wars Speeder Bike Battling Quadcopter Drone
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pr ... 64779.aspx?

$49.99: Propel Star Wars TIE Fighter Advanced Battling Quadcopter Drone
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pr ... 64781.aspx?

---
24 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
kanechart wrote: Good News! The Propel Star Wars X-Wing Battling Quadcopter Drone Is now $39.99 this one was almost 70 up till recent where the other 2 were $39.99.
The Tie Fighter went up by $10.

$39.99: Propel Star Wars X-Wing Battling Quadcopter Drone
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pr ... 64780.aspx?

$39.99: Propel Star Wars Speeder Bike Battling Quadcopter Drone
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pr ... 64779.aspx?

$49.99: Propel Star Wars TIE Fighter Advanced Battling Quadcopter Drone
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pr ... 64781.aspx?

Thanks OP!

Awesome...huge Star Wars fan here...so bought the "Propel Star Wars Speeder Bike Battling Quadcopter Drone" and "Propel Star Wars X-Wing Battling Quadcopter Drone"...each also for $39.99 ($50 off price for a few days). I am especially excited about the Speeded Bike...it looks amazing hovering it around.

Also, the Boxes and Packaging for these Drones is the best I have ever seen. They have music and sound effects when you open the box...and the box lights up...and also the Remote control has a speaker with sound and sound effects....and you can connect your phone (attach it) to the Remote Control and use VR Training and Battle App. It's so cool!

As for a "Propel Star Wars TIE Fighter Battling Quadcopter Drone", what I didn't like about it is that it looks too weird and bulky as a TIE Fighter (especially with the 4 propellers underneath it)....and it is actually thicker and wider at the bottom...it looks weird.

So for those reasons I didn't get it. I may consider getting it to complete the drone collection if it gets cheaper again, but not really excited about how it looks.

I actually only wanted the Speeder Bike...but the X-Wing looked tempting too....but not as thick or bad as the TIE Fighter drone...so I just decided to get it too.

By the Way, what I like about these specific the Star Wars drones besides the build quality and amazing boxes...is that they are each professionally "Hand Painted" too...so very high quality stuff I think.

Cheers!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4909 posts
4914 upvotes
Ontario
Darn... You are tempting me to get the speed bike lol
---
Nov 3, 2009
448 posts
240 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hey thanks! Bought the other two a couple days ago, now i can round out the set. Also bought the sphero r2d2 and bb8 on sale!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
grither wrote: Hey thanks! Bought the other two a couple days ago, now i can round out the set. Also bought the sphero r2d2 and bb8 on sale!
I bought the Sphero R2D2, and I really want to get the Sphero BB-8, but only if it drops to $39.99 or less even. I hope it does.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
kanechart wrote: Darn... You are tempting me to get the speed bike lol
Do it! :)

I think the Speeded Bike drone is the best one out off all 3 drones...it looked the most Authentic flying it around for sure.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2814 posts
3131 upvotes
Toronto
How is this "battling", are they made tough to withstand crashing with other battling drone??
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5090 posts
5530 upvotes
Toronto
Buyer beware, if a motor blows or you need replacement parts, customer service takes a month to reply your emails and they don't pick up your calls. I have one and I read that after a couple hours of playing the motor will go. So now I'm afraid to play with it. At least the presentation looks good
Last edited by dracolnyte on Dec 14th, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4585 posts
1650 upvotes
Brampton
jasonchewy wrote: How is this "battling", are they made tough to withstand crashing with other battling drone??
no, they have a button to shoot at each other. crashing not recommended lol
Gonna go instore to make sure they are in good shape .
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2814 posts
3131 upvotes
Toronto
prod wrote: no, they have a button to shoot at each other. crashing not recommended lol
Gonna go instore to make sure they are in good shape .
Saw the title, and I'm picturing flying battle bots. lol
For others wondering what this is, here's what I found describing how it "battles": (not as epic as I imagined lol)
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
x-wing link takes you to an $89.99 price....???
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4585 posts
1650 upvotes
Brampton
pesttt wrote: x-wing link takes you to an $89.99 price....???
wtf, just changed it, guess I'll go speeder bike
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Since these are so unique, I'm assuming that there aren't any replacement parts available.

Even @ $40 it's a bit much for something which isn't hobby-grade & disposable if broken.

Still good from a Star Wars Collectible point of view.

But it would just be sitting there...begging to be played with...just asking to be destroyed.
Dec 13, 2018
2 posts
It was $39.99 this morning. I reserved two at that price. When I went in to pick them up in the afternoon the prices had gone back up to $89.99. I showed them the confirmation email with the $39.99 price and they honored it... looks like some confusion at the corporate level. Or a flash sale.

Seems it's back to $69.99 now.
Last edited by MosheM28821 on Dec 15th, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote: Buyer beware, if a motor blows or you need replacement parts, customer service takes a month to reply your emails and they don't pick up your calls. I have one and I read that after a couple hours of playing the motor will go. So now I'm afraid to play with it. At least the presentation looks good
Whoever played with these for a couple of hours must have been really rough with them...and drones and R/C planes/choppers are much more delicate than their Car R/C counterparts.

Also, these only last for only 8 minutes per 30 minute quick-charge. So you can't use them for 2 hours straight...that would blow any motor of any R/C electric toy.

Also, there is a beginner mode that does not allow the drone to fly higher than two meters off the ground, and prevents also the drone from the risk of impact too close to the ground.

Add to that, there is an automatic safe take off and safe landing option for beginners.

Additionally, for complete newbies who want to fly it while protecting the propellers, there is a bumper frame that fits around the whole drone's lower fran and propellers.

I don't know how much more protection one can ask for unless they plan on constantly crashing the drones into obstacles....for fun?

Finally, they pack in about 3 times over worth of spare propellers with the box just in case you need to replace almost all 4 of the propellers..about 3 times. That is pretty generous.

Also, they include a spare battery pack.

With the Speeder Bike drone, they even throw in a spare "Scout Trooper" figure in case you damage or lose the main one.

Check out the Blogger "product video review" for the Speeder Bike or X-Wing drones from the Best Buy page for each of those two products for a lot more details on this. Cheers!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
prod wrote: wtf, just changed it, guess I'll go speeder bike
Actually, we're lucky the Speeder Bike price did not go up, because as I said above...it is actually the BEST one out of all 3 in my opinion.

So, your better off getting the Speeder Bike anyway if you were to choose one out of the 3 models.

What is weird is why did the X-Wing one go up so much in price all of a sudden? I am guessing it's the default most popular one of the 3 among general public buyers.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
pesttt wrote: x-wing link takes you to an $89.99 price....???
Still unfortunately not the original discounted price of $39.99 for the X-Wing drone...but it dropped to $69.99 now instead of the $89.99 price it was brought back to earlier.
Dec 12, 2018
22 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks OP, new member here, grabbed one of the speeder bikes for Christmas gift.
Dec 13, 2018
2 posts
Scorpionsy wrote: Actually, we're lucky the Speeder Bike price did not go up, because as I said above...it is actually the BEST one out of all 3 in my opinion.

So, your better off getting the Speeder Bike anyway if you were to choose one out of the 3 models.

What is weird is why did the X-Wing one go up so much in price all of a sudden? I am guessing it's the default most popular one of the 3 among general public buyers.
When I was picking mine up yesterday, the sales guys were really surprised that it was every listed at $39.99. I think someone in head office was either trying to generate some spontaneous interest to sell off some inventory before re-adjusting the price back to the $69 sale price it's been at for the past couple of weeks.

That, or someone made a booboo.
Apr 16, 2009
673 posts
245 upvotes
Picked up the Speeder bike and a Sphero R2D2 both $39.99 each. Thanks for the post.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)