Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

PSVR Doom Bundle $267.80 - after price match with Walmart

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2018 1:30 pm
Jan 29, 2013
160 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
VancityAcura wrote: Drive club is on sale now too on psn. Gave a bad case of vr sickness while driving a Ferrari, less powerful cars weren't as bad. Worth the 6 bucks.
Is it worth getting if I haven't played the original and have already been enjoying wipeout?
Jul 9, 2009
150 posts
91 upvotes
Cornwall
I found this article to be an interesting point of view:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... e-the-vita

I've been interested in the PSVR for a while now, and at the current sale price, I'm most likely going to get one. This article helped with my decision. I discovered many interesting games on the Vita and if I can enjoy as many interesting experiences on the PSVR, I won't regret my purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
VancityAcura wrote: Drive club is on sale now too on psn. Gave a bad case of vr sickness while driving a Ferrari, less powerful cars weren't as bad. Worth the 6 bucks.
I was playing it last night, had it since launch and have long since completed the single-player campaign portion.
Even though I own the disc version (and will be keeping it), I'm going to pay the $5.99 for the digital version so that I can quickly check-in every now and then to see if there are any online matches.
The game is a blast in VR because it's more arcade'ish like Need For Speed rather than the sim-like nature of GT Sport or DiRT Rally.
Easily worth $5.99 CAD.

Since there are only a few racing titles on the PSVR, here's one other little trick for any racing fans out there. or any other non-VR games for that matter.
If you use the PSVR in Cinematic mode (I like the largest screen size) and choose either the in-car, hood or bonnet view in a racing game, it's a lot more immersive than playing on a TV.
The bugs which are mentioned in this video from 2016 have long since been reduced or eliminated, but it gives you an idea of what to expect.

May 5, 2009
617 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
hierkommtalex1 wrote: Is it worth getting if I haven't played the original and have already been enjoying wipeout?
Though I'm not far into the game, I would say yes. Make sure you turn your head with the turns in game and have a fan pointed at you. Helped massively with the nausea.

I wonder if I should get a wheel to try and see if it kicks the immersion up a notch.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
I also haven't regretted my purchase. And I bought the V1 core headset without a camera, games, nor move controllers included on day 1 for $550+tax too! Even without other games, Skyrim in VR alone was worth the purchase to me and provides 200+ hours of gameplay. Sony's E3 press conference this year was kind of weird where they flatly stated to not expect any big reveals or surprises because it was about going deep into the announced games. They chose to reveal most of the games before and after the event. Only a couple of new flat PS4 games and a couple of PSVR games was revealed during the press conference. Here's a list of some upcoming games for PSVR

Déraciné (new game):

Tetris Effect (new game):

Trover Saves The Universe (new game):

Transference (updated E3 trailer):

Beat Saber (new game):

Wolfenstein - Cyber Pilot (new game):

Ghost Giant (new game):

Prey - Typhon Hunter (new game) :

The Elder Scrolls - Blades (new game):

Space Pirate Trainer (new game):

Table of Tales - The Crooked Crown (new game):

Gungrave VR (updated E3 trailer):

Jupiter & Mars (updated E3 trailer):

The E3 PSVR Highlights Reel:

Blood & Truth:

Evasion:

The Persistence:

Detached:

Firewall - Zero Hour:

Astrobot:

Torn:

Megalith:

Golem:

Xing - Land Beyond:

Ace Combat 7:

Star Child:

Dreams:

Original source:
https://old.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/ ... during_e3/
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
Woah! wrote: I was playing it last night, had it since launch and have long since completed the single-player campaign portion.
Even though I own the disc version (and will be keeping it), I'm going to pay the $5.99 for the digital version so that I can quickly check-in every now and then to see if there are any online matches.
The game is a blast in VR because it's more arcade'ish like Need For Speed rather than the sim-like nature of GT Sport or DiRT Rally.
Easily worth $5.99 CAD.
Looking to get either Drive Club VR or Gran Turismo. Which would you reccomend for overall VR experience? I haven't played either game before and this is my first time owning anything VR related.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
601 upvotes
Brandon
OVOSound wrote: Looking to get either Drive Club VR or Gran Turismo. Which would you reccomend for overall VR experience? I haven't played either game before and this is my first time owning anything VR related.
I find the Wipeout Omega collection is the best VR racing on PSVR. The developers did one heck of a job translating on VR and VR add on is free too...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
OVOSound wrote: Looking to get either Drive Club VR or Gran Turismo. Which would you reccomend for overall VR experience? I haven't played either game before and this is my first time owning anything VR related.
Both, as they offer completely different experiences.
At the current asking prices of $5.99 & $29.99 during the sale they are absolute steals for VR racing.
Same goes for DiRT Rally VR, which has in the past has been sold for under $20.
All three combined are still cheaper than a single new release game.
dboyman5 wrote: I find the Wipeout Omega collection is the best VR racing on PSVR. The developers did one heck of a job translating on VR and VR add on is free too...
Agreed, fantastic game.
I picked it up during that $15 sale in December at The Source.
Didn't even play it until the VR DLC was recently added, and man did they ever do an incredible job.
It's also one of the clearest PSVR games available...they truly worked some kind of magic and knew what they were doing as programmers/developers.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy this even at the full $30 asking price, which in itself is still a bargain for what it offers.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
hierkommtalex1 wrote: Is it worth getting if I haven't played the original and have already been enjoying wipeout?
VancityAcura wrote: Though I'm not far into the game, I would say yes. Make sure you turn your head with the turns in game and have a fan pointed at you. Helped massively with the nausea.

I wonder if I should get a wheel to try and see if it kicks the immersion up a notch.
Unfortunately Wipeout Omega only works with a gamepad.
I own several wheels and flight sticks, none of which work with the game.
Currently the only possible way to get those other kinds of controllers to work with the game would be to use a Cronusmax Plus.
Not sure why the developers haven't included compatibility with the official PS4 Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 flight stick...as it would be awesome with this game.
I don't think a racing wheel would feel right, be fast enough or control correctly...a flight stick or HOTAS would be a far better match
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
is this the best price ever for a PSVR? Better than black Friday?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
Anyone know if costco carries the Skyrim bundle?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
IIRC, GT Sport only has a limited singleplayer mode for VR, almost like an afterthought. Driveclub offers the full experience in VR, so is the better buy considering just the VR part.

Also if you're getting motion sickness some games have comfort options and other ways to combat it. There's a brief wiki on Reddit with some tips. My advice is definitely avoid games with smooth locomotion when starting out.
Last edited by Angultra on Jun 13th, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
pentexplorer wrote: is this the best price ever for a PSVR? Better than black Friday?
Yes the best price ever. If I remember correctly Black Friday it was $480 for the Skyrim bundle.
Sep 3, 2010
164 posts
96 upvotes
Haaaa just gave up and I'm finally in for the skyrim bundle since I don't have any ps move controller and they were starting to go low stock almost everywhere...
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
Also, looks like Wal-Mart updated their prices early online and brought back the bundles to regular price 4 days before the sale is supposed to end. In-store still has the sale prices in effect so get them while you can.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
OVOSound wrote: Also, looks like Wal-Mart updated their prices early online and brought back the bundles to regular price 4 days before the sale is supposed to end. In-store still has the sale prices in effect so get them while you can.
Thanks for the heads up, I placed my order on bestbuy.ca before pricing changes.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
To PSVR owners... how is Resident Evil 7 in VR mode?

Also, is a PS4 pro needed to play smoothly in VR? I only have the lower end PS4 Slim.

Curious about this tech, but RE7 and Skyrim are the only games that would interest me right now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)